Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for SR downgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the SR in May and I'm still waiting for SR+ to be downgraded by Tesla to the SR. They sent an email 2 months back but have not heard anything since. Has anyone had their SR+ downgraded yet? Thanks,
Just my opinion, but I think Tesla does this on purpose... get you hooked on it so you'll pay the difference. But so far, people are saying that yes, Tesla will end up getting around to limiting your car.

I bought the SR in May and I'm still waiting for SR+ to be downgraded by Tesla to the SR. They sent an email 2 months back but have not heard anything since. Has anyone had their SR+ downgraded yet? Thanks,

If your window sticker states it is an SR+, you may get lucky and not be downgraded. Federal law is violated if they don’t keep the car the same as the window sticker. Many posts on this.

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
If your window sticker states it is an SR+, you may get lucky and not be downgraded. Federal law is violated if they don’t keep the car the same as the window sticker. Many posts on this.

Tesla already basically violated this law as the cars did not have "stickers on the window". I asked for mine at delivery, and they simply printed one and gave it to me. Rhetorical queston:. I wonder how many people didnt actually get one despite the law. If someone with an SR who received SR+ at delivery gets downgraded and goes to look for their monroney sticker, its likely tesla would just print them an SR one.

If someone has a sticker that says SR+ and bought an SR, and has the sticker, they should be able to fight any downgrade. I just wonder how many people are actually in that situation.

I am in a similar boat. Purchased an official "SR" in April 2019, my window sticker states I have the "SR+" and I did get the email stating I would be downgraded back in June 2019, like many others did. I'm sitting here nearly 6 months later and my car is still showing as an SR+ with the 240 range, fog lights enabled, and immersive sounds still enabled.

I am in a similar boat. Purchased an official "SR" in April 2019, my window sticker states I have the "SR+" and I did get the email stating I would be downgraded back in June 2019, like many others did. I'm sitting here nearly 6 months later and my car is still showing as an SR+ with the 240 range, fog lights enabled, and immersive sounds still enabled.
you're lucky

. Purchased an official "SR" in June 2019 and I did get the email stating I would be downgraded and my car is still showing as an SR+, fog lights enabled, and immersive sounds still enabled, heated seats etc but I don't have the + range (the thing that matters most to me, besides AP)

I had to ask for the window sticker, and since I asked they emailed me an SR sticker.