Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting is hard!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NO! Pick up the phone and call them.

I agree, call them but technically things are set in stone. If they can change things they might but have the right to say no. Good luck!

LOL. Okay. Just got off the phone with HQ and it appears to be all set. They said "no guarantees, but it looks likely". Told me to call next week to make sure. God help me. You guys are a terrible influence. Time to upgrade my signature. :D :D :D

ETA: It looks pretty good... Just got this email from the Sales Team at Tesla:

Hi B,

This is just to confirm that you want to make the following changes to your order:

- P85 Performance Battery trim

This will bring your total vehicle configuration cost to $105,970 before any tax incentives available on the vehicle. To confirm this change to your order, please respond to this email as soon as possible to ensure that this is correct. Thank you.

Last edited:
LOL. Okay. Just got off the phone with HQ and it appears to be all set. They said "no guarantees, but it looks likely". Told me to call next week to make sure. God help me. You guys are a terrible influence. Time to upgrade my signature. :D :D :D
ETA: It looks pretty good... Just got this email from the Sales Team at Tesla:

YES!!!!

You are da Man--VERY SMART move!!

Way to go--you will not regret that a bit!

BRAVO!

I am sorry Barey! I emailed my DS contact but haven't heard back yet. I was kind of hoping they say no :) But now that you've had success, yikes! Did it change your delivery estimate?

That was the first question I had too. He said it would not affect my delivery time. It would still be late October.

- - - Updated - - -

YES!!!!

You are da Man--VERY SMART move!!

Way to go--you will not regret that a bit!

BRAVO!

Thanks! So glad I went for it. I owe you one! :D :D :D

Nope. No delivery date yet. Just "Late October". But I haven't heard from my DS either. I read on another forum of a grey P85 confirmed on 9/11 with a delivery date of 10/12!! Now that's fast. Maybe it's a color thing. Sigh!

I'll know more after this weekend trip to a store.

Yeah that was me. VIN 22700. I ordered on 9/3, finalized 9/5, got VIN 9/11, DS contacted me on 9/16 with delivery on 10/12 at the factory. I originally finalized with brown / tan and called on 9/6 to change to grey / black. Original deliver just said November.

SC = Service Center. Look up the email of the SC that will deliver your car. They told me late October is still my target. Here is hoping that they are being safe.

Oh, not so good. We don't have an SC here. They are in the "announced an SC" phase, but it doesn't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

I am with you. I am scheduling another test drive. The problem with waiting is you start to think about things like "maybe I should have gotten the P85" - which is just a tortuous thought to have.

Oh man, do I hear you. I can't tell you how many times that I've thought P85 or keep the S85.

At the risk of sounding like a curmudgeon, some of us waited three+ years between our deposit and receiving the MS. Consider it an exercise in learning patience!

There is a difference between placing an order for a car that was still in the design phase and ordering one that is in production at a rate of over 600 cars per week. I understand that Tesla batches cars through production based on configuration but I have noticed cars with similar build to mine being delivered quicker (some on the east coast). That's why I said the wait is hard... I also have a Model X reservation and know that by the time I get that car I will probably have waited 1-2 years. However, it does not bother me at all since the Model X is still in the design phase.

BTW, If I don't have patience I wouldn't have managed to go through all these years of school and training (medical school and TWO residencies). So my advice for you is to THINK before you make a blanket statement like the one you made ("Consider it an exercise in learning patience!") as you don't know the other person's background.

Called my Tesla contact this morning until he picked up (I was up hours before they get to office and there's a time zone difference too) and now they've made the change to P and will e-mail me with confirmation the moment it's confirmed in the backoffice. They'll also send me a new agreement (I requested as I need that for applying for the subsidy) as well as try to get the COC already for my car :D With teh COC I should be able to get the type pre-registered here and this means that the moment the car rolls off the trailer (seems more and more I'll need that unless Tesla can figure out insurance for me) I can have it registered and insured :D

I don't mind the waiting TOO much. It stretches out the "happy" for a little longer. Been waking up and thinking about my new car every day since I ordered it. It's a nice anticipation.... Then I get to be happy all over again when it finally arrives. :)

YAY! So happy you're getting the P! I wavered a bit but when I thought about it I knew I would regret it later. Now it is just a matter of time for us!

photo (1).JPG

I think this is about as far as I can go without Tesla delivering my MS!