Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting is so hard... Good idea to go with the Model-S for a year ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like a spoiled child talking about this, but after a year of waiting for my Model-X, I just don't know how I have been able to just not jump on the Model-S P85D already.

I know many on the forum, owner of Model-X reservation did move forward with the P85D. What kind of value lost do you think will happen after 1 year when I would change for my new Model-X ? (No way I cancel my reservation, it is designed specially for my needs, assuming a real ~2500lb trailing capacity)

A good answer to this could be a way to just help me wait. Thanks in advance !

Unless you need a vehicle right away, waiting is probably your financially optimal option.

If you really need to buy a car but are worried about depreciation, look into buying used. Tesla just started a CPO program and you may be able to find something suitable there.

Financially I doubt it makes any sense but from a driving enjoyment PoV I've been enjoying my "temporary one". :)

I would also speculate Model S to get some facelift features (autopilot 2? battery?) but maybe looks wise (nosecone?) too after the Model X launch so that might hurt value even further.

Just understand that by the time you get your Model X, you will love the Model S so much it will be hard to let it go. And besides, most who buy a Tesla soon learn they need another car. So they buy another Tesla. You'd might as well get ahead of the game now. ;-)