Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting list card?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it would be "cool" if Tesla, once they get your deposit, send you something like a "credit card" looking trinket ... that shows your name and number on it.

So you can show you are a member of our "group".

Not showing off exactly, but it would be a nice tangible ... like the airlines issue a frequent flyer card.

After all, we are "ambassadors" to help others move to electric.

I have a neighbour here who is more green than me, and he's buying a Prius in a few months. So I have to convince him to at least, go Leaf first, then Tesla when available. Think I saw his brain mulling it over last night ... but his daily commute is 35 miles. Borderline?

Last edited:
I think it would be "cool" if Tesla, once they get your deposit, send you something like a "credit card" looking trinket ... that shows your name and number on it.
Agreed!

I have a neighbour here who is more green than me, and he;s buying a Prius in a few months. So I have to convince him to at least, go Leaf first, then Tesla when available. Think I saw his brain mulling it over last night ... but his daily commute is 35 miles. Borderline?
Your neighbor certainly doesn't need the full range of a Model S 40kWh pack for his 70-mile round-trip -- but there is no other BEV that I would trust on that regular commute. And the extra range (even on a 40kWh pack) might be useful for the occasional weekend trip or a side-trip one evening to an after-work event. So, no, your neighbor shouldn't be on the border; he should be squarely inside Tesla territory!

I have a neighbour here who is more green than me, and he;s buying a Prius in a few months. So I have to convince him to at least, go Leaf first, then Tesla when available. Think I saw his brain mulling it over last night ... but his daily commute is 35 miles. Borderline?

This is the situation that I am in. A LEAF I feel would be very border line, unless you can get a 120VAC plug (or better) at work. And be reliant on it. But you still can't make a errand run without worrying about range.

I also have enough ~100 mile days where I am not at a location where I can guarantee a plug in space.

Oh and I was really hoping for something in the mail when I made my reservation. I am a bit disappointed I didn't even get a glossy photo or anything. A card would have been cool.

A Leaf would have been fine for me. But Nissan screwed up a lot of the early orders and then decided instead of fixing it to treat us like mushrooms. So I bought the Roadster instead, and I am happy I did. But the only times I've driven beyond a Leaf's comfortable range have been pleasure drives out in the country.

I'm not planning on getting an S, but I agree that people who place a reservation way early should get a card or trinket of come sort.

I bought my used Roadster because of Nissan's delays in bringing the car to Atlanta. I was so bummed when I heard about Nissan's delay that I went on eBay saw the pretty Glacier Blue Roadtser and as luck would have it my wife was in the room at the same time and encouraged me to bid. Little did I know that she wanted the Roadster for herself. Anyways, my experience with the Roadster was so good, I placed my reservation for the S a month later.

Maybe a card or some trinket would be cool. Some early reservation holders may remember getting a gift box from Tesla with a Roadster RC car, a brochure, a Tesla mug, and maybe a key ring (maybe a baseball cap too). I use the coffee mug all the time, but my colleagues would probably think I'm weird if I was always showing off the RC car at work.

Early Roadster owners got a car color sample kit in the form of eggs. Later paint swatches and interior swatches were sent out. None of which are showable Tesla swag. For that there was the laser etched transparent block with a Roadster inside suitable for proud desk display.