Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting on the CyberTruck Decision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have tesla Model S with the full limited warranty that expires on 10/17/2022. I will hit the year limit before the miles, as the S isn’t my only vehicle. I am a triple-motor CyberTruck reservation holder. I ordered the CyberTruck on 12/03/2019, so I’m not at the top of the list. My issue is I don’t want to keep my Model S past 10/17/2022, as I don’t want it past the full limited warranty. Is there any chance the CyberTruck will be delivered by 10/17/2022? I don’t see that as real likely. I’m thinking maybe I’d get a new Model Y, until the CyberTruck is delivered. My thought is to get the Model Y in the next few months. I don’t want to wait until the end of my Model S warranty, and then the CyberTruck isn’t delivering, and then buy another Tesla, as it would not allow me enough time to own it long enough to get value from it. So, do you guys think the trade my Model S now and own the Y for a few years, and trade it on the CyberTruck when it comes out is a decent plan?

Note: I don’t have any desire to debate the warranty topic, (full limited, vs battery & power train), so please respect that.

FYi: ended up getting a model Y in January 2021, as I didn’t trust the delivery date estimates, as we all probably know, are seldom reliable, and glad I did. It’s even possible that my January 2021 model Y will hit its warranty end before I see a cybertruck, lol.