Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP May 2023 Orders: Black/Black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok everyone.. I saw almost every color had waiting rooms but this one on the forums..
I am thinking my delays are because there just aren't that many black orders to fulfill so they are waiting to batch them..
It seems that MYPs have about a month turn around time and MYLRs have about 1.5-2 months turn around, some greater depending on configuration. White interiors seem to take precedent on MYP while white interiors on MYLR seem to take a bit longer..
there appears no rhyme or reason behind any of it.. Day 22 of no VIN...

MYP
Black/Black
No Tow
OD: 5/8/23
EDD: June/July
EDD1: May 20-June 3 Then each day updated until about 5/23 then
EDD 2 (Current): May 26-June 9
No VIN
Los Angeles

Sound off!!!

Reactions: mark02115
It seems like you're experiencing delays in receiving your Tesla Model Y Performance (MYP) order in black color with a black interior. Based on the information you've gathered from forums, it's possible that the delay is due to a lower number of black orders, which may result in them being batched and fulfilled later. MYPs generally have a turnaround time of about a month, while the Model Y Long Range (MYLR) takes about 1.5-2 months, with variations depending on the specific configuration. White interiors, particularly on the MYP, seem to be prioritized and have a quicker turnaround, although white interiors on the MYLR may take slightly longer. The delivery dates have been changing, and despite being on day 22 without a vehicle identification number (VIN), you're still awaiting updates. If you're in a similar situation or have any thoughts to share, feel free to join the discussion.
I believe that theory was true as well. I took delivery last Saturday though. So once the vin was assigned, everything moved extremely quick..

My black/black took less than 1 month from ordering it to picking it up. I’ve had it for 30 days now and love it.
IMG_9424.jpeg

Reactions: Bucketz