Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bah humbug. Got this message when texting about HW 4:

“While specific parts used in production of our vehicles can change at any time, all parts in the vehicle meet our high standards for quality and performance. We cannot confirm individual vehicle configurations beyond what is self-configurable on the vehicle design page.”

Reactions: pkmody
Bah humbug. Got this message when texting about HW 4:

“While specific parts used in production of our vehicles can change at any time, all parts in the vehicle meet our high standards for quality and performance. We cannot confirm individual vehicle configurations beyond what is self-configurable on the vehicle design page.”
I've gotten that one, and others similar. 🤣

I don't have a delivery date for my car. It still shows June July . I want to trade in my existing car but I have not started the process on the app as all quotes it seems are valid only for 30 days . Question- does this mean that my profile is not complete?
You should go through the trade in process so you know what they’ll actually offer. If it expires they just request a new odometer reading. Their real offer was $9k less than their lowest estimated trade in value.

My wife ordered on 5/17 and no updates either as of this morning. Not sure why some orders get updates within a day and others sit for weeks.

MYLR
Grey
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 17
ODD: June-July
VIN: None
Well that went from 0-100 real quick... Went from no EDD and no VIN since 5/17 to EDD of 6/4-6/12 this morning followed by a VIN within an hour and then the schedule delivery text shortly after (Scheduled for 6/6 at Charlotte, NC).
Looks like an Austin VIN though (PA126XXX) so I assume it was a rejected VIN for that quick of a turnaround and will be HW3 or have people been getting HW4 from Austin too? My wife doesn't care either way but I do and am just curious.

My current speculation: if you ordered with EAP or FSD, it’s taking longer because it’s coming with HW4. If you did not order those features, they are being delivered with HW3 as they likely have more in stock and don’t want to waste HW4 on cars without EAP or FSD. Pure speculation based on what I’ve have been reading here online. Plenty of holes in my theory, but just telling myself this to elevate my spirits.
Since I ordered EAP, and plan to subscribe to FSD, I will 100% reject delivery if mine comes with HW3. I can wait, doesn’t bother me “that much”.

My current speculation: if you ordered with EAP or FSD, it’s taking longer because it’s coming with HW4. If you did not order those features, they are being delivered with HW3 as they likely have more in stock and don’t want to waste HW4 on cars without EAP or FSD. Pure speculation based on what I’ve have been reading here online. Plenty of holes in my theory, but just telling myself this to elevate my spirits.
Since I ordered EAP, and plan to subscribe to FSD, I will 100% reject delivery if mine comes with HW3. I can wait, doesn’t bother me “that much”.
I got EAP! OD: May 20. Got my VIN and scheduled delivery date in 5 days. Day 9 I got my HW4 MYLR! I think delivery is based on location :)

I don't have a delivery date for my car. It still shows June July . I want to trade in my existing car but I have not started the process on the app as all quotes it seems are valid only for 30 days . Question- does this mean that my profile is not complete?

You should go through the trade in process so you know what they’ll actually offer. If it expires they just request a new odometer reading. Their real offer was $9k less than their lowest estimated trade in value.
Agreed with this. I didn't complete all of my processes yet, especially the trade-in offer is valid for 30-days and lease option is valid for 60-days. But, it's good to know what Tesla may offer to you. So far, Tesla offers me the fair value to help early terminate my lease, so I can end the existing lease earlier and get into Tesla, without having to pay the final few months' lease payment. To me, it's worthy.

However, if I fully own this trade-in vehicle, I might do it differently.

The bottom line to me is, as long as the trade-in value isn't way off too much, I'm okay with Tesla's offer since it saves all the hassle involved with the sale and tax.

Agreed with this. I didn't complete all of my processes yet, especially the trade-in offer is valid for 30-days and lease option is valid for 60-days. But, it's good to know what Tesla may offer to you. So far, Tesla offers me the fair value to help early terminate my lease, so I can end the existing lease earlier and get into Tesla, without having to pay the final few months' lease payment. To me, it's worthy.

However, if I fully own this trade-in vehicle, I might do it differently.

The bottom line to me is, as long as the trade-in value isn't way off too much, I'm okay with Tesla's offer since it saves all the hassle involved with the sale and tax.
I traded in my Ford Explorer 2020 with $22k loan on it. I had positive equity and went on KBB. Dealerships were offering me more than KBB did ($27,500). I ended up selling my car the same day because I didn't want to accumulate mileage and have its value go down even more. At this point, I had a window of 10 days out (max). Ended up taking the risk to rent a car and only had to rent for 3 days. Took the positive equity and used it to pay the taxes and fees ($4,900). I recommend doing that to get more money as Tesla will always give you a lower offer. They had offered me $20k for my Ford.

Reactions: retbesla
Regarding the current inventory Model Y's - are those demo vehicles necessarily? I ask because the Model S's and X's sometimes have "demo vehicle" indicated on their current inventory.

Also, what're the pros/cons for building to order a Tesla Model Y or just waiting till your car pops up in inventory?

Regarding the current inventory Model Y's - are those demo vehicles necessarily? I ask because the Model S's and X's sometimes have "demo vehicle" indicated on their current inventory.

Also, what're the pros/cons for building to order a Tesla Model Y or just waiting till your car pops up in inventory?
I've seen a few Y's that state demo vehicle and have a little discount so if they do not that means they were not demo.
Might be a different answer for your area in LA with a lot more of them around but on the East Coast I have yet to actually see one in the last few weeks that matches the one my wife ordered so you might be waiting a while for the one you want to pop up (and it might not last very long on the inventory if it's a high demand configuration).