Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYP : February orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Creating a waiting room for MYP orders in Feb. Assuming there are good portion of orders with the tax rule changes.

I wasn't feeling the Model Y and was debating getting an M3P then rules changed.

Ordered a White/Black/AP/No hitch MYP at 12:45 PM ET on 2/3. Northern Va. Still says Feb to March.

There are two different things though… when an order is made vs when an order is changed (if changed).

If you are putting in an order now, you’re at the bottom of the list.

If you’re making a change, then you “keep your position” in the list… whatever that is. I mean, all the plants make vehicles in batches. But the question is how they separate the batches. Is it by color? By option? Fairly certain by trim (LR vs P). All the above? So, switching things around can shuffle you between batches.

Not to mention that Austin does not process any P, so if you ordered an LR that might’ve been assigned to Austin to be made and then switched to a P, which is only made in Fremont at the moment, well… how does position in line work then?

At this point, it’s best to just not think about it too much… order what you want, change if you need to.

Luckily for me, my 3rd change (LR to P) shifted my EDD from 4/2-5/14 to 3/3-3/31.

I placed a MYLR order on 1/26. Upon hearing the new IRS rules I rushed and placed a new order for a MYP as I could not edit my MYLR online (did not know you could switch from MYLR to MYP)

As the MYP says Feb-Mar I decided not to call up a SA to change my original MYLR order because 1) maybe I will pay the new price (I have seen cases on this forum where some have had price adjusts others not) 2) I have flexibility of taking either car 3) only 1 week gap between my two orders may not influence the end result

However the counter argument is that if I switch my original order and if I get to keep my the earlier MYP price then maybe I move up the list far enough to gain the full tax benefit based on who knows what will happen in March.

Thoughts ????

I placed a MYLR order on 1/26. Upon hearing the new IRS rules I rushed and placed a new order for a MYP as I could not edit my MYLR online (did not know you could switch from MYLR to MYP)

As the MYP says Feb-Mar I decided not to call up a SA to change my original MYLR order because 1) maybe I will pay the new price (I have seen cases on this forum where some have had price adjusts others not) 2) I have flexibility of taking either car 3) only 1 week gap between my two orders may not influence the end result

However the counter argument is that if I switch my original order and if I get to keep my the earlier MYP price then maybe I move up the list far enough to gain the full tax benefit based on who knows what will happen in March.

Thoughts ????
I would call the SA and explain the 2 orders, your concerns and see what they say. Worst case scenario, you will gain better insight before deciding which order to keep.

Ordered mine 2/3 about 1 hour after IRS change. Status still says Feb-Mar. wondering if it will come before March
That's making a new order, not changing an order, right?

If so... probably gonna be later March to April.

My original order was on 1/22 for MYLR and changed to twice before changing to an MYP on the evening between IRS change and Tesla's price increase. Current estimated delivery date 3/3-3/31.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: chobra
MYP Black/White int
OD: 2/4
EDD: Feb - Mar 2023
No VIN yet

SA did tell me she thought car would come in "fast". She thought first week of March. Not sure if anyone has received insight like that from their SA.