Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYP : February orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:( I got pushed back into oblivion.
New EDD 4/12-5/17

I'm currently just getting the front end of my EDD window adjusted with each day (originally 3/18-3/31, then yesterday 3/19-3/31, then today 3/20-3/31).

It's tough with how arbitrary it seems the dates/builds/VINs are, but at the end of the day this is the car I want. Most of us aren't going to cancel our orders (and Tesla knows that) so I don't think they're going to do anything differently any time soon.

The things that keep me going are:
1. It's impossible to find another EV with similar performance and range at this price point. Doesn't exist.
2. Most manufacturers are delayed by several months with their orders so it's hard to say you'll have a different experience anywhere else.
3. Other car dealer markups are insane. I looked at a Mustang Mach E for fun and the GT version was being marked up to 81k by the dealer. Absolutely bonkers.

It'll happen when it happens and hopefully the tax credit applies at that time. At this point I'm looking at it as a nice bonus if it happens since it's not going to manifest until next year's returns anyway.

I'm currently just getting the front end of my EDD window adjusted with each day (originally 3/18-3/31, then yesterday 3/19-3/31, then today 3/20-3/31).

It's tough with how arbitrary it seems the dates/builds/VINs are, but at the end of the day this is the car I want. Most of us aren't going to cancel our orders (and Tesla knows that) so I don't think they're going to do anything differently any time soon.

1. It's impossible to find another EV with similar performance and range at this price point. Doesn't exist.
2. Most manufacturers are delayed by several months with their orders so it's hard to say you'll have a different experience anywhere else.
3. Other car dealer markups are insane. I looked at a Mustang Mach E for fun and the GT version was being marked up to 81k by the dealer. Absolutely bonkers.

It'll happen when it happens and hopefully the tax credit applies at that time. At this point I'm looking at it as a nice bonus if it happens since it's not going to manifest until next year's returns anyway.
You are absolutely correct. Had this experience of waiting with a different car manufacturer through different dealerships. I accepted the nonsense markup and made reservations but after few months of waiting nothing got delivered.

I’m sure most of us here will get their cars in few days but understand patience is not easy. Lol

Couldn't have said it better myself. My wife and I drove around to local dealerships and looked through all the possible EV options for us (I have to commute 126 miles round-trip, 4 days a week) as the Chevy Tahoe we got at the end of 2021 is not the nicest on gas haha. So the Tahoe is becoming hers and the MYP we ordered will be my new commuter/daily. We also wanted the space because we have a baby on the way (you know, strollers have to fit nicely🤪)

Mach-E's seem like nice cars, but surprisingly the back seat was not nearly as spacious as the MYP/LR. Not to mention the infrastructure that Tesla has (especially in the bay area), it really became an easy decision from there....but this waiting game SUCKS haha!

P.S. Funny enough, I spoke to my dentist recently about her Model 3 and she told me that she waited 2 YEARS for her car to show up. Needless to say, she has an abnormal amount of patience😅

Reactions: Coils
MYP MSM Black Interior.
Location - SoCal

OD: 2/2 MYLR
02/03 Changed to MYP
02/26 Expect VIN
03/08 VIN Assigned Text received @ 7am PST
03/08 Schedule Appt text received @ 9am PST (Surprised I didn't get a couple weeks of wait between vin assign & schedule)
Selected the weekend 03/12 as pick up
03/12 Picked Up

Currently getting Tint & PPF done!

Couldn't have said it better myself. My wife and I drove around to local dealerships and looked through all the possible EV options for us (I have to commute 126 miles round-trip, 4 days a week) as the Chevy Tahoe we got at the end of 2021 is not the nicest on gas haha. So the Tahoe is becoming hers and the MYP we ordered will be my new commuter/daily. We also wanted the space because we have a baby on the way (you know, strollers have to fit nicely🤪)

Mach-E's seem like nice cars, but surprisingly the back seat was not nearly as spacious as the MYP/LR. Not to mention the infrastructure that Tesla has (especially in the bay area), it really became an easy decision from there....but this waiting game SUCKS haha!

P.S. Funny enough, I spoke to my dentist recently about her Model 3 and she told me that she waited 2 YEARS for her car to show up. Needless to say, she has an abnormal amount of patience😅

Congrats on the baby! Sounds like you've got a couple of exciting deliveries coming up.

Yeah the Mach E was a fine car but the dramatically higher cost, moderately lower range, and reduced interior space were enough for me to say no thanks. The interior was probably more "premium" than Tesla (which isn't hard given how minimalistic/cheap Tesla's interior design is in comparison to other manufacturers), but other than that I didn't see anything else where the Ford had a decided advantage.

As for my MYP, I'm hopeful that I can get a VIN soon and delivery shortly thereafter since I live in the southwest and am not *too* far from Fremont (at least compared to midwest/east coasters).

Reactions: Maddog51
Congrats on the baby! Sounds like you've got a couple of exciting deliveries coming up.

Yeah the Mach E was a fine car but the dramatically higher cost, moderately lower range, and reduced interior space were enough for me to say no thanks. The interior was probably more "premium" than Tesla (which isn't hard given how minimalistic/cheap Tesla's interior design is in comparison to other manufacturers), but other than that I didn't see anything else where the Ford had a decided advantage.

As for my MYP, I'm hopeful that I can get a VIN soon and delivery shortly thereafter since I live in the southwest and am not *too* far from Fremont (at least compared to midwest/east coasters).
Thank you! Exciting times for sure!

Completely agree, the range was my main concern at the start. Sure you can get the larger pack but then it comes into a much higher price bracket. I also carefully looked over the window stickers on many different models. Basically, on the select and California Route 1 models, you lose out on things like the powered lift gate and some other small things (I think even one pedal driving). But the premium and GT get those features. Interesting way to approach it considering the Route 1 is technically a higher priced car than the premium model is. But yes, the interior seemed nicer on the model I saw on the lot. I just never have liked the cheap look/feel of the steering wheel in them.

My biggest concern about the MYP now is purely ride quality. Coming from a big comfy Tahoe with mag ride and air suspension has me worried haha. But I will cross that bridge when I get there.

I hope you get your VIN soon as well! There are quite a few people in the same boat with this waiting game for sure. I am fortunate enough that I am within an hour of the Fremont plant so I actually just called to change my pickup location to there. Hopefully that speeds things up too.

Thank you! Exciting times for sure!

Completely agree, the range was my main concern at the start. Sure you can get the larger pack but then it comes into a much higher price bracket. I also carefully looked over the window stickers on many different models. Basically, on the select and California Route 1 models, you lose out on things like the powered lift gate and some other small things (I think even one pedal driving). But the premium and GT get those features. Interesting way to approach it considering the Route 1 is technically a higher priced car than the premium model is. But yes, the interior seemed nicer on the model I saw on the lot. I just never have liked the cheap look/feel of the steering wheel in them.

My biggest concern about the MYP now is purely ride quality. Coming from a big comfy Tahoe with mag ride and air suspension has me worried haha. But I will cross that bridge when I get there.

I hope you get your VIN soon as well! There are quite a few people in the same boat with this waiting game for sure. I am fortunate enough that I am within an hour of the Fremont plant so I actually just called to change my pickup location to there. Hopefully that speeds things up too.

Ah that makes sense. I’m coming from a much older/slower car, so my biggest concern is forgetting how quickly the MYP accelerates and accidentally going Kool-Aid-Man through the nearest wall 🤣

MYP White/White/Tow --> MYP Blue/White/Tow
OD: 02/03
EDD1: Feb-Mar
EDD2 (updated 02/10): Mar 6 - Mar 31
Change to MYP Blue/White/Tow 02/27
EDD3 (updated 02/28): Mar 14 - Mar 31
VIN Assigned: 03/07

On 3/14 Delivery was scheduled for 03/23 in Ft Myers.

Today, 03/20, Tesla required a reschedule, citing a 'transit delay'. So now I'm set for Saturday, 03/25.

Anybody else in SWFL getting rescheduled delivery dates? And does anyone know much about the Ft Myers SC? There was mention of an 'express delivery' - is that how it's done in a SC?

Just when I was about to give up hope for a March delivery….opened the app (for the 100th time today) to find a VIN!

MYP White/White
OD: 2/6
EDD: 3/4-3/31
3/6 EDD: 3/31-5/5
3/12 EDD: 3/21-3/31
3/20 VIN received & delivery scheduled for 3/25
Arizona
VIN: PF739
Congrats! Same area and OD 2/5 (but black interior). Hopefully I’m coming up.

Reactions: GoReedo