Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYP : February orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP White/Black
OD 02/14 8:52am
2/14 EDD February - March
2/14 EDD (updated in the evening) March - April
2/17 EDD March 16 - March 31
2/28 EDD March 22 - March 31
3/5 EDD April 7 - May 12

San Gabriel, CA (SoCal)
^I still haven't received a VIN or text regarding a VIN yet, but I checked the app today and the EDD updated to March 25 - March 31. It's so unfortunate because I already took delivery for a Model X this past Saturday since the MYP EDD was stuck at April - May (didn't think I'll get the car in time). Does anyone know what would happen if I leave the order open? Am I still able to cancel my order after the VIN is assigned? I'm still thinking about the MYP too if I'm able to get it before 3/31 haha. Thanks!

^I still haven't received a VIN or text regarding a VIN yet, but I checked the app today and the EDD updated to March 25 - March 31. It's so unfortunate because I already took delivery for a Model X this past Saturday since the MYP EDD was stuck at April - May (didn't think I'll get the car in time). Does anyone know what would happen if I leave the order open? Am I still able to cancel my order after the VIN is assigned? I'm still thinking about the MYP too if I'm able to get it before 3/31 haha. Thanks!
You can cancel the order at anytime, even after the VIN is assigned. The only thing you would lose is your $250 deposit.

• Love
Reactions: maytaurustiger
I saw a blue/black MYP available in Fremont this morning, and texted them to match me. They responded promptly giving me a VIN for Fremont, but oddly enough, the unit I asked them to match me to is still showing up on the website, so they probably have more than one unit available there.

Can't schedule delivery yet, but it's estimated 3/22 - 3/29 now, up from the 3/22 - 3/31 that was there earlier this morning.
I texted 510 and this is the response

Me: It is so frustrating that cars with my same specs are showing up in inventory in the same state yet I was not assigned anything even though my order date was from 2/3

510: This vehicle is in Northern California. Vehicles get matched to you based on a number of factors including order date, configuration and the the delivery center closest to your area. This vehicle in North California was most likely built for a customer in that area who ended up cancelling their order so it became an inventory vehicle however that vehicle would not be moved outside of that area.

Me: It is so frustrating that cars with my same specs are showing up in inventory in the same state yet I was not assigned anything even though my order date was from 2/3

510: This vehicle is in Northern California. Vehicles get matched to you based on a number of factors including order date, configuration and the the delivery center closest to your area. This vehicle in North California was most likely built for a customer in that area who ended up cancelling their order so it became an inventory vehicle however that vehicle would not be moved outside of that area.
Yea, it's definitely frustrating. My original delivery location was in Sunnyvale (about 20-30m away from Fremont) and they still weren't automatically matching the Fremont units to me. They wouldn't match "Coming soon..." vehicles either, claiming that in-production vehicles could not be matched to existing orders.

But with so many units now apparently available, hopefully it's just a matter of time before they load them on a trailer and send some down your way.

Ah that makes sense. I’m coming from a much older/slower car, so my biggest concern is forgetting how quickly the MYP accelerates and accidentally going Kool-Aid-Man through the nearest wall 🤣
Please say you got a red one!

It annoying that they marry you to one SC, even though several others may be a reasonable distance away.

For instance, I’m closest to the Loveland, CO location, but there are 3 in the Denver Metro area less than an hour away.

I‘m getting really annoyed with how things are panning out. I got my VIN and I know my car is arriving at pick up location in NJ sometime on the 25th. Yet I have no schedule delivery option yet. When I text and ask, I get a typical response saying SOON!

I’m really close to just forfeiting the $250 deposit and just going with another brand and saying bye to Tesla forever after this experience. They think people don’t work and have lives to tend to? You need to give at least 1 week notice on delivery date.

I‘m getting really annoyed with how things are panning out. I got my VIN and I know my car is arriving at pick up location in NJ sometime on the 25th. Yet I have no schedule delivery option yet. When I text and ask, I get a typical response saying SOON!

I’m really close to just forfeiting the $250 deposit and just going with another brand and saying bye to Tesla forever after this experience. They think people don’t work and have lives to tend to? You need to give at least 1 week notice on delivery date.

The only consolation here is that other brands also suck. Just comes down to which form of suck you're willing to tolerate.

• Funny
Reactions: maytaurustiger

I hear you. You're this close, though, and the likelihood of finding another car you want that's readily available is probably not high (this is how I justify my waiting haha).

MYP MSM/Black +tow + FSD
Sacramento
OD: 2/13
EDD Feb-Mar
EDD Mar 10-31 (updated Feb 18)
Feb 21 Removed FSD
EDD Mar 13-31
EDD Mar 23-31 (updated Mar 14)
Waiting on VIN, The only text I've ever received was for a trade in.
EDD updated this morning to Mar 22-31 moving the beginning of the range one day ahead to today. No Vin yet.
Got a VIN in the app this evening. No text yet.
5PF74xxxx

Next week...

At least the Treasury official mentioned working with the private sector on a smooth transition to revised guidance. Hopefully that includes a notice period.

Delivery day today!

Yesterday morning I texted the 510 number asking if the car had arrived as scheduled as I didn't want to take time off work if delivery might be pushed due to logistics.. They didn't reply so I swung by the SC at closing to ask someone. While walking the delivery area I spotted my build but the VIN wasn't a match (actually an earlier VIN than mine). Found an employee but they weren't able to help,l. Thankfully I did get a confirmation reply late in the evening that the car had arrived as scheduled. So delivery appears on for today.

Delivery day today!

Yesterday morning I texted the 510 number asking if the car had arrived as scheduled as I didn't want to take time off work if delivery might be pushed due to logistics.. They didn't reply so I swung by the SC at closing to ask someone. While walking the delivery area I spotted my build but the VIN wasn't a match (actually an earlier VIN than mine). Found an employee but they weren't able to help,l. Thankfully I did get a confirmation reply late in the evening that the car had arrived as scheduled. So delivery appears on for today.
Congrats!

Reactions: thefisch

EDD was 3/22-3/29.

I have VIN and now it’s pushed to 3/26-3/31.
What a mess