Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYP : February orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who took delivery for MYP, is your center console compartment cover magnetic or traditional clip mechanism?
For that matter, what comes with the MYP at delivery? I know we're supposed to get a tow hook and a J1772 adapter. Anything else?

-Cargo cover (or parcel shelf)?
-Jump drive in the glove box (Is it the 1TB SS drive)?
-Mats? (Carpeted?)
-Trunk/Frunk Mats?

Anything else to look for?

Thanks for asking. It was actually subpar so I'm going to rant a bit. But we got the car which is awesome!

Car arrived at Tampa service center on 3/21 and our appointment was 3/23 at 3pm which they told us was plenty of time for prep. We were excited heading over and got a text at 2:50pm while driving saying our car was almost ready. Arrived at 3pm but didn't see the car parked in front. Went inside and they said someone was getting it. We saw others come and go with no word on ours so after 30 minutes I inquired if something was wrong - they said the car didn't come with the key cards and it was over in service getting them programmed and should be there any minute. They didn't pull the car around until 4:15pm and we were told to inspect the exterior before accepting delivery.

Right away we spotted a paint defect on the passenger rear quarter panel which looked like a run in the paint. Kind of hard to see in photos (attached) but finding that made us go over the car much closer than planned. There were some small scratches on plastic pieces including one of the side cameras and a couple of hairline clear coat scratches. We also noticed the car was somewhat dirty in several places. It appears they wash these in a parking deck so the lighting must be bad. Went back to talk to SA about what we found and they said they would take back to detail and all these would be fixed. We waited another 30 minutes and they brought the car back around 5:30 and we were told to check it over again.

Well it was a quick recheck because they didn't address most of the items. I told the SA and he said that the detail crew leaves before 5pm so there wasn't anyone there who could do more. He had left the car unlocked so we could check the interior before accepting. Thankfully the interior was in good order but it didn't appear well vacuumed or wiped down with smudges perhaps from service. Wish they would have detailed it after the service visit before the detail crew left.

We went over all the items with the SA who said they would all be fixed - just accept and enter a service ticket. I knew I could take the car to a detailer and get all these addressed except maybe for the paint defect. The SA said they would either use a body shop to fix or replace the panel. We decided to accept rather than reject hoping they'd be able to adequately address the paint defect (we had another car 10 years ago with a paint run on the bumper that the dealer was able to fix without replacing). We made a list with photos of all the items we noticed (attached but the photos from the app don't show up, also ignore the item about slits in the door seals, those are normal), went over the list with the SA and submitted the service ticket. We were done at 7:15 - more than four hours after our scheduled appointment. My wife left and I stayed since the SA said they would charge the car for us (was only at 50% SOC) and vacuum it. I drove it home at 8pm. So I was too tired to do any joy riding yesterday, but we hope to get it out this weekend.

Hope you have a better experience than we did. If I could go back, I would have made an earlier appointment time so there would have been time for the detail crew to address the issues and clean it up better.
I had a paint run on the driver door that can only be seen if up close like when washing.. I decided to leave it alone.. I did not want them painting the door because sometimes it's best to leave the little things alone. The end result could be worse like the door not matching... I looked mine over well but missed two dents in the driver side. I noticed the next morning in the driveway, submitted a tickets and a week later it was being fixed by their dent people across from the service center. Let me tell you they were amazing. One dent was on the body line and they made it perfect. Can't tell where it was.. I am bringing all my cars there for dent removal.. I was impressed.... Other than that my delivery experience was great....

For that matter, what comes with the MYP at delivery? I know we're supposed to get a tow hook and a J1772 adapter. Anything else?

-Mats? (Carpeted?)
-Trunk/Frunk Mats?

Mine had tow hook, J1772 adapter, front license plate holder, cargo cover (mine has four sections, not three), flash drive (128gb I think), carpet floor mats (flimsy). Ask if you don't get these. No frunk, trunk mats. Front mudflaps and rear door ppf are regional.

Reactions: daniel b
I had a paint run on the driver door that can only be seen if up close like when washing.. I decided to leave it alone.. I did not want them painting the door because sometimes it's best to leave the little things alone. The end result could be worse like the door not matching... I looked mine over well but missed two dents in the driver side. I noticed the next morning in the driveway, submitted a tickets and a week later it was being fixed by their dent people across from the service center. Let me tell you they were amazing. One dent was on the body line and they made it perfect. Can't tell where it was.. I am bringing all my cars there for dent removal.. I was impressed.... Other than that my delivery experience was great....
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to see how they plan to handle it first and then decide.

Reactions: Bob2C
Mine had tow hook, J1772 adapter, front license plate holder, cargo cover (mine has four sections, not three), flash drive (128gb I think), carpet floor mats (flimsy). Ask if you don't get these. No frunk, trunk mats. Front mudflaps and rear door ppf are regional.
Front license pate holder? Not needed in FL…they didnt drill into the front bumper did they? That would really frost me…

I updated the Northern California thread, but thought I would post that my delivery is set for tomorrow

MYP Blue/Black/No Tow
OD: 2/9
VIN: 3/22
Delivery: 3/26

They were really pushing for me to take delivery earlier. Texts, emails, and calls, twice a day starting on 3/23 saying they could deliver same day. They said 3/26 was the last possible day they could hold it. I had to get docs and funds in order so I didn’t want to get it too early. Guess the end of quarter push resulted in too many cars in their lot

-Mats? (Carpeted?)
-Trunk/Frunk Mats?

Mine came with the same items as @thefisch . The flash drive in the glove box is a 128GB.

Reactions: daniel b
Picked mine up yesterday in the rain. Couldn't get good pics. Good some goods ones today.
Just like Patmol and thefisch, my MYP came with clip not magnetic clasp on the center console. Black paint is glossy and looks wet! Panel gaps were consistent and symmetrical on both sides. Delivery was flawless. SA Gabriel was pleasant, efficient, and knowledgeable. No squeaks, rattles or loose trim. Tires are All Season Michelin Pilots with a design that extends its' rubber beyond the rim not behind it like the Pirellis. The ride through Brooklyn past the Barclay center was remarkably smooth and quiet.
Things My Internet Told Me...
Build quality out of Fremont is suspect at best, shoddy most likely...
Paint quality out of Fremont is not as good as Austin...
Paint quality on all Teslas are substandard and most likely will require paint correction or PPF, likely both...
Tesla service, SUCKS!
My experience proved this things to be untrue.
Build quality is top notch. My new car history has included a Z28 H.O. with T-Tops, an Audi Quattro, a Porsche 944, a Lexus RX 350, a Jaguar XJ, and ... a Honda Odyssey. My MYP ranks up there with my Lexus, Porsche, and Jag. Doors close with an authoritative "thunk", no loose trim, not bolts or components to be tightened.
Paint is layperson flawless. I came to my delivery with white gloves and a guage, scanning the body for nibs, and thin paint. Nothing! No swirls, no orange peel, nothing.
Paint thickness varies between 124 to 147 on the front fenders and hood on the Black Beauty. I also tested a white BMW 5 series, 112 to 122, a black Mercedes GLC, 122 to 133, a white Fremont MYLR , 126 to 147 and the a white Dodge Durango, 212 to 234.

Black Beauty.jpgBlack Beaurty close-up.jpg
Black Beauty.jpg

The whole delivery process was streamlined, efficient, and quick. My inspection took up the most time.
Black Beaurty close-up.jpg

i hope the Feb orders are getting delivered. picked up my 2/8 OD on Saturday. first tesla and the whole experience was very seamless and effective. the worst part was the waiting. It was raining so i couldn't really do a detailed inspection, but panels all looks good

MYP White/black
Colorado
OD: 2/6
EDD March 1 to March 15
EDD: March 17 to March 31
Possible to just cancel the order if I dont get any vin or updates by next week.
I don't think I can get 7500 if delivery goes to April.

Updates:
Vin was assigned on March 20th
Delivery was scheduled for March 30 or 31.
Scheduling text came on March 23

Pick up schedule for March 28
Hope this helps some of you guys.

I wasn't able to pick earlier dates for pick up after scheduling text (March 23).
Kinda glad picking it up tomorrow since we just got snow

Reactions: Coils
Updates:
Vin was assigned on March 20th
Delivery was scheduled for March 30 or 31.
Scheduling text came on March 23

Pick up schedule for March 28
Hope this helps some of you guys.

I wasn't able to pick earlier dates for pick up after scheduling text (March 23).
Kinda glad picking it up tomorrow since we just got snow

Congrats! My OD is 2/5. Same config but in AZ. Hope I get some news but no VIN yet so not promising.