Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYP : February orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
do you guys feel the back of the car squatting down and front lifting up a little bit when fully accelerating in your myp? I wasnt sure if this is normal for the performance model. Also I can feel the car swaying side to side quite a bit if I stay in the car and someone else shuts the door (door needs to be slammed pretty hard to get it closed.. i got one of em door gate defect)

do you guys feel the back of the car squatting down and front lifting up a little bit when fully accelerating in your myp? I wasnt sure if this is normal for the performance model. Also I can feel the car swaying side to side quite a bit if I stay in the car and someone else shuts the door (door needs to be slammed pretty hard to get it closed.. i got one of em door gate defect)
I‘ll let you know Wednesday after i take delivery. I’ve got a 50 mile ride home and will have plenty of acceleration opportunity! My 1966 Vette smallblock had plenty of squat so I know what it feels like 👍

That’s just physics my guy

Reactions: somepaladin
I had a paint run on the driver door that can only be seen if up close like when washing.. I decided to leave it alone.. I did not want them painting the door because sometimes it's best to leave the little things alone. The end result could be worse like the door not matching... I looked mine over well but missed two dents in the driver side. I noticed the next morning in the driveway, submitted a tickets and a week later it was being fixed by their dent people across from the service center. Let me tell you they were amazing. One dent was on the body line and they made it perfect. Can't tell where it was.. I am bringing all my cars there for dent removal.. I was impressed.... Other than that my delivery experience was great....
Re: Just saw you're from VA, are you talking about the Dentmasters on Tyco Rd across from the Tyson's Tesla SC in NoVa? Those guys there are AMAZING.

I was washing my Land Cruiser when I noticed the *slightest* of depressions in both front fenders. My wife couldn't see it at all. The only thing I could think of was we had taken the Auto Train the week before but I couldn't figure out what happened.

I took it to that Dentmasters and they saw the dents immediately -- and pointed out they probably strap vehicles down once loaded on the train and it was cinched it too tight -- makes sense. Anyway, those guys got both fenders in perfect shape, no evidence at all.

And that just leaves me something else to worry about with Auto Train :eek:

To keep this on topic, I take delivery of our MYP tomorrow! :D

Reactions: Bob2C
If I could go back, I would have made an earlier appointment time so there would have been time for the detail crew to address the issues and clean it up better.
I got a text from the SC this morning advising our MYP is ready and they requested to move delivery from noon tomorrow to 4pm today. But I declined because the SC is 50 miles from here and I won't want to make a 100-mile round trip for minor issues. I'll let them handle anything minor tomorrow afternoon if possible.

Thanks for that advice, I would jumped on an earlier delivery otherwise!

Reactions: thefisch
Pick up today. MYP.
Exterior looked fine. Interior had front headliner completely detached from the roof and hanging.

Attachments

• IMG_1852.jpeg
    IMG_1852.jpeg
    300.7 KB · Views: 122
Took my delivery today @ 10a. Everything went well, except a small paint chipped on the fender. They took the car in, fixed in 30 minutes. Good luck everyone.
Glad it went well and they had time to address the issue. At least you don't have to wait on a service call to address. Did they mention how much time/miles you have to report any issues?

I got a text from the SC this morning advising our MYP is ready and they requested to move delivery from noon tomorrow to 4pm today. But I declined because the SC is 50 miles from here and I won't want to make a 100-mile round trip for minor issues. I'll let them handle anything minor tomorrow afternoon if possible.

Thanks for that advice, I would jumped on an earlier delivery otherwise!
Good luck with the delivery tomorrow! Let us know how it goes.

Reactions: daniel b
Good luck with the delivery tomorrow! Let us know how it goes.
Delivery has occurred! Just a few minor issues noted -- two small paint chips one at rear fender and one at trunk, driver head light assembly not flush (raised) with the adjacent panel, front passenger side of frunk not flush (sunken) with it's adjacent panel. SA set up a mobile appointment to address these issues as the SC was bustling with deliveries.

Everything else is perfect so far, paint looks good, no swirls or scratches, glass is good, gaps right on, wheels perfect, no issues whatsoever with the interior. We got everything you listed, nothing more nothing less. Those mats are indeed flimsy.

The Ft Myers SC was very busy with deliveries, our SA, brought up from Naples to help out with the EOQ deliveries, seemed particularly under the gun. He did say we had the 100 miles to note delivery issues.

That's about it...the car is awesome. Thanks all for your comments and help and good luck to everyone still awaiting delivery!

Attachments

• IMG_7601.JPG
    IMG_7601.JPG
    615 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: thefisch
Delivery has occurred! Just a few minor issues noted -- two small paint chips one at rear fender and one at trunk, driver head light assembly not flush (raised) with the adjacent panel, front passenger side of frunk not flush (sunken) with it's adjacent panel. SA set up a mobile appointment to address these issues as the SC was bustling with deliveries.

Everything else is perfect so far, paint looks good, no swirls or scratches, glass is good, gaps right on, wheels perfect, no issues whatsoever with the interior. We got everything you listed, nothing more nothing less. Those mats are indeed flimsy.

The Ft Myers SC was very busy with deliveries, our SA, brought up from Naples to help out with the EOQ deliveries, seemed particularly under the gun. He did say we had the 100 miles to note delivery issues.

That's about it...the car is awesome. Thanks all for your comments and help and good luck to everyone still awaiting delivery!
Go team blue. Got the same combo. Car is amazing.

Team Blue!!!!!!!!!

Glad it went well. Enjoy the car!