Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYP : February orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Set my date for pickup for 3/16 at 3 pm. Tonight I go on the site and someone had changed it to 3/23 without even notification . No explanation. not a good representation of customer service.
That sucks they didn't contact you about that. Which location are you picking up? Fort Myers?

I wonder if your car is delayed with mine and they just haven't told you. Keep in mind that I've been bugging them for updates - they haven't reached out proactively to me either.

Speaking of tow... when that option is added at the time of placing the order, is is installed at Freemont or at the local SC? Does anyone know?
According to my SA, the tow hitch is always installed at the factory on a custom order. If you are buying a vehicle from existing inventory (which does not have a tow hitch) and you want to add one, then this is when your local SC can/will install the hitch. Of course, you will be charged the higher ($1300) price since it will be installed at the SC.

By the way, for me (MYP Red/black with tow hitch):
OD: 2/3
EDD #1: 3/18-3/31
VIN: 3/15
EDD #2: 3/30-3/31

Spoke to my SA and he confirmed my vehicle is currently scheduled to arrive on 3/30.
A final delivery/pick-up date to follow…

Last edited:
According to my SA, the tow hitch is always installed at the factory on a custom order. If you are buying a vehicle from existing inventory (which does not have a tow hitch) and you want to add one, then this is when your local SC can/will install the hitch. Of course, you will be charged the higher ($1300) price since it will be installed at the SC.

By the way, for me (MYP Red/black with tow hitch):
OD: 2/3
EDD #1: 3/18-3/31
VIN: 3/15
EDD #2: 3/30-3/31

Spoke to my SA and he confirmed my vehicle is currently scheduled to arrive on 3/30.
A final delivery/pick-up date to follow…

Congrats! I'm so jealous of your EDD! MYP red/white+tow, vin on 3/14 PF710, but I'm looking at 4/5-4/14.

What's your Vin?

I would have thought GA would be delivered earlier than Virgina, because of the distance.

I wonder if your vehicle is railed closer to your SC. I think I read our vehicles are railed to Alabama and then trucked the rest of the way.

what sort of communication is used to provide you with the VIN and scheduling delivery etc? its it app notifications, text, call or do i have to check into the app. Just sitting here waiting and waiting and waiting, hating on everyone who's getting their car haha

Congrats! I'm so jealous of your EDD! MYP red/white+tow, vin on 3/14 PF710, but I'm looking at 4/5-4/14.

What's your Vin?

I would have thought GA would be delivered earlier than Virgina, because of the distance.

I wonder if your vehicle is railed closer to your SC. I think I read our vehicles are railed to Alabama and then trucked the rest of the way.
Thanks! This MYP is for my lovely wifey!

VIN: PF711

Not sure if the higher number in my VIN (711 vs your 710) means that mine was built just right after or at the same time as yours. But, yeah, it is a little odd that I’m scheduled to receive mine sooner than you.

By the way, I wouldn’t worry about possibly missing out on a portion of the $7500 tax credit when the Treasury Department finally releases their battery guidelines later this month. From what I’ve read/heard, there is a very high probability that when those guidance numbers are finally released, there will be a grace period given so both consumers and manufacturers have a little time to react/prepare. Of course, no one really knows that will happen. But, personally I’m not worried one bit, even I were not able to pick up the vehicle until April or May.

Edit: Just realized that you got the white interior, which typically has a longer lead time. So, that probably explains it…

Last edited:
what sort of communication is used to provide you with the VIN and scheduling delivery etc? its it app notifications, text, call or do i have to check into the app. Just sitting here waiting and waiting and waiting, hating on everyone who's getting their car haha
I received the notification by text, the Tesla app and email.

No way you’ll miss the notification unless you go completely off-grid. 🙃

Reactions: xxxadixxx
Thanks! This MYP is for my lovely wifey!

VIN: PF711

Not sure if the higher number in my VIN (711 vs your 710) means that mine was built just right after or at the same time as yours. But, yeah, it is a little odd that I’m scheduled to receive mine sooner than you.

By the way, I wouldn’t worry about possibly missing out on a portion of the $7500 tax credit when the Treasury Department finally releases their battery guidelines later this month. From what I’ve read/heard, there is a very high probability that when those guidance numbers are finally released, there will be a grace period given so both consumers and manufacturers have a little time to react/prepare. Of course, no one really knows that will happen. But, personally I’m not worried one bit, even I were not able to pick up the vehicle until April or May.

Edit: Just realized that you got the white interior, which typically has a longer lead time. So, that probably explains it…

I've heard we're relaxing some of the battery guidelines to include materials sourced from the EU. I suspect they're still negotiating the details and thats why we haven't received the full guidance.

Reactions: Puka Bum
That sucks they didn't contact you about that. Which location are you picking up? Fort Myers?

I wonder if your car is delayed with mine and they just haven't told you. Keep in mind that I've been bugging them for updates - they haven't reached out proactively to me either.
From Tesla:
Good morning. This vehicle is still in transit to the delivery center and does not arrive for almost another week. The only scheduling notes I show are from the 14th.

Appointment scheduled for 03/23/2023 15:00 created by customer 03/14/2023 09:08.

The estimated delivery date you may have been seeing was just a window for a vehicle being assigned. 3/23 is the earliest the delivery center currently expects the vehicle to be ready but if it does arrive early they would reach out.

they make it sound as if I set the date for delivery for 3/23. But if it has not arrived there is nothing to do but wait patiently. I appreciate them getting back to me.

From Tesla:
Good morning. This vehicle is still in transit to the delivery center and does not arrive for almost another week. The only scheduling notes I show are from the 14th.

Appointment scheduled for 03/23/2023 15:00 created by customer 03/14/2023 09:08.

The estimated delivery date you may have been seeing was just a window for a vehicle being assigned. 3/23 is the earliest the delivery center currently expects the vehicle to be ready but if it does arrive early they would reach out.

they make it sound as if I set the date for delivery for 3/23. But if it has not arrived there is nothing to do but wait patiently. I appreciate them getting back to me.
Yes from Ft. Myers. How about you?

Finally received vin today pf714 shows delivery 3/28-3/31. Just uploaded insurance- word is here in Tx will need to make payment before car ships. If payment is made and $7500 rebate is gone before arrives- anyway to get out of purchase?
I don’t think that is accurate - I’m in Houston too with same white/black MYP, order date 2/3. Just scheduled delivery for 3/24 and no mention of needing to pay before shipping, just the usual “complete your tasks/insurance” etc. I don’t think delivery date would be only 1 week out if it hadn’t shipped yet…

Reactions: SMak12
I don’t think that is accurate - I’m in Houston too with same white/black MYP, order date 2/3. Just scheduled delivery for 3/24 and no mention of needing to pay before shipping, just the usual “complete your tasks/insurance” etc. I don’t think delivery date would be only 1 week out if it hadn’t shipped yet…
I’m in Houston as well but with white / white MYP. OD 2/15 and received PF714 VIN on 3/14. No schedule for delivery yet but my SA mentioned that my vehicle is set to arrive on 3/24. Regarding final payment, he said it must be made one day before scheduled delivery at the latest.

I’m in Houston as well but with white / white MYP. OD 2/15 and received PF714 VIN on 3/14. No schedule for delivery yet but my SA mentioned that my vehicle is set to arrive on 3/24. Regarding final payment, he said it must be made one day before scheduled delivery at the latest.
I'm in Dallas and my credit union told me that Tesla requires a payment to be made in full prior to picking up. They will send wire 1 business day before pick up. I guess they've done a lot of loans with Tesla.

Yes from Ft. Myers. How about you?
I'll be picking up at the Tampa location.
From Tesla:

Strange they make it sound like you did it. How would you have known it wasn't coming until 3/23. Not sure if you care about the tax credit, but it would stink if they came out with a lower credit for the Model Y early next week right before we both get our cars.