Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery date keeps being pushed out (no surprises). Order placed May 25, 2021 - new updated delivery "Estimated Delivery: October 30 - January 08".

I am actually not in a rush - as we have a model S and I bought out lease I was in on my SUV but I am wondering - any chance of Tesla cancelling order completely? If I order a car now - it will be almost $25K more - so Tesla is kind of "loosing money" on this deal.

Oh, black is going to look so goooood. My wife just got a model 3 in black, and besides there being so many model 3s in the so-cal area here, the black exterior looks awesome! We have to hand it to our wives for having such a great choice in color 😉 ...will be very stealth with the 22 wheels you ordered!

Although for a sec when I saw your post, I thought you were jumping ship from the 7 to a PLAID or other config 😬....I was thinking, hang onnnnnnn man, we're almost there w/ our 7 seater config!!!!
Love this. We ordered a Model S in black and we loved it. So we decided to switch our model X from white to black as well.

I am another first time poster after lurking here for a year and finally also getting a VIN yesterday. Order date June 2021 black/black, seven seat, FSD from Chicago. My EDD was all over the place and I had given up checking. Last I had checked it was Aug-Sept after being Jan-Feb 2023, then ding, in came the text msg saying I have a VIN#. Tesla rep even called and I am scheduled for pick up June 22nd.
Hope I don't experience some of these dreaded Tesla cancellation/push back snafus that happen last minute even though the local rep assured me it will be ready
Will update after pickup IF all goes well;)

Wow congrats! That VIN yesterday not correlating with your date range is interesting for sure….usually with VIN these past few weeks, people have seen their estimated delivery date range moved up to June and around a 1-2 week window, so maybe yours will change, either way, great for you and hope you get your car this month!

Also did they TXT you that your VIN was available or did you just happen to check?
They texted me with the VIN. I texted back asking if that meant my EDD would move up. This was the reply:

Yes! You will be getting a message to schedule delivery soon!

Still no change to the EDD, though.

Reactions: Kitt9000
Finally received text, scheduled Monday delivery. 5/11/2021 black/black 7 seater no FSD.
Picked up today. I don't even need talk to any one, just to finish everything with app and use phone to unlock.

Attachments

• 1CB7A0B2-C900-4172-A881-4BEE79E8F2A0.jpeg
    1CB7A0B2-C900-4172-A881-4BEE79E8F2A0.jpeg
    806.9 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
So, unexpected I just got VINed for a black/white 7 seater in NJ. My EDD was September until then. Thing is, I’m not ready for delivery. I have 2 other teslas and can’t transfer the account, but if there’s someone in NJ that would want it, PM me and I’ll t try and figure out a way

do yourself a favor and temper your excitement on pickup day long enough to take your time going over the car. i found a couple of issues there, but when i got home i noticed the entire driver side interior a pillar piece is missing! i’m going over it again tomorrow to make sure i don’t miss anything before i set an appt to take it back.
View attachment 816736
That’s terrible! I mean it will be easy fix with just installing missing part but looks really unfinished!

These are the things that people complain about considering the premium price, but...it is what it is. long as I don't have to foot the bill.

Not sure about middle row ventilation yet. I'm telling you that I should have done more reading through the online manual and such before getting the car. It has a TON of uncommon features. It will take me a while before I get through them all, see what's applicable to me and if/how I want to use them. I have been a car guy my whole life, but this thing has so many layers of functionality, its not as "common sense" as I'm used to.

Did one of you in the Texas area just reject a car? :) I just got a text to submit insurance and take delivery June 17-22. Blue/White 7 Seat LR w/ FSD. VIN is an interesting one. 7SAXCAE54NF340xxx. The service center is on my way home from work, so I may just drive by and see what's in the parking lot before I respond. Before the text my range was July 31-Sept 11th.

Reactions: Kitt9000
do yourself a favor and temper your excitement on pickup day long enough to take your time going over the car. i found a couple of issues there, but when i got home i noticed the entire driver side interior a pillar piece is missing! i’m going over it again tomorrow to make sure i don’t miss anything before i set an appt to take it back.
View attachment 816736
I wonder, how this car was inspected even once? Allegedly it was supposed to be inspected 3x.