Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received a VIN yesterday 7SAXCAE56NFxxxxxx
Order date: 06/11/2021
White exterior/black interior/7-seats
Scheduled delivery on Tuesday 06/28 in the Bay Area

Question: I’d like to switch to finance instead of cash payment. Bank want an updated MVPA with the financed amount on it. Tesla SA is unresponsive, either because it’s weekend or because it’s end of quarter nutty time :)

Is there anything I should do? Worried my delivery may get delayed if this finance issue isn’t sorted out on time.

• Informative
Reactions: lexus26
@snaccs, let me know how your factory pick up goes tomorrow, mine is on Monday. I'm curious if the car is just sitting in the lot and you just pick up on your own after they point out the car or if a Tesla advisor pulls it up to you. I want to go get it earlier in the day rather than afternoon so maybe I can slide in there.
Will do. My appointment time is 10am tomorrow.

I got this text earlier today so this may explain things for you -

Tesla Reminder - Your Tesla is scheduled for a PICK-UP on June 26th, 2022 at 45500 FREMONT BLVD, FREMONT, CA, 94538.

IMPORTANT: Please WAIT until you receive a Pick-Up text with your vehicle's spot number before arriving to the Fremont Factory.

Thank you!
Tesla Delivery Team

Question: I’d like to switch to finance instead of cash payment. Bank want an updated MVPA with the financed amount on it. Tesla SA is unresponsive, either because it’s weekend or because it’s end of quarter nutty time :)

Is there anything I should do? Worried my delivery may get delayed if this finance issue isn’t sorted out on time.
From my experience, you should be able to easily switch finance options over the phone tomorrow or maybe not until Monday but it shouldn’t delay your appointment either way.

I’m waiting for the same configuration in the Bay Area. Do you mind sharing the first 2 or 3 digits at the end of your vin? I’m trying to get an idea of what number range they are on.

Call ASAP in the morning tomorrow and if they don’t pick up, choose the call back option. I waited 1.5hrs the other day for a call back and had them switch my home delivery to pickup at Fremont.

• Informative
From my experience, you should be able to easily switch finance options over the phone tomorrow or maybe not until Monday but it shouldn’t delay your appointment either way.

I’m waiting for the same configuration in the Bay Area. Do you mind sharing the first 2 or 3 digits at the end of your vin? I’m trying to get an idea of what number range they are on.
VIN ends with 351xxx

Reactions: honeyfist301

I received vin Friday for Bay Area, 351xxx vin. I called into fremont delivery (510) 249-3500 and was able to get someone there to change from cash to Tesla finance. It opened up the application on the website and once I submitted, it was approved by Saturday morning.

No delivery scheduled yet and looks like yours is 351xxx vin as well

• Informative
I'm in Maryland too. So far almost all the deliveries seem to be in California. Is that a usual pattern? How long before deliveries move east?I'm a July 2021 order with a current est delivery of August 17-October 12. White/black, FSD.
It’s very typical for Tesla to push deliveries in its closest areas (namely West Coast/California) toward EOQ. It’s unlikely you will get it EOQ now so your EDD of Aug-Oct is consistent.

I'm in Maryland too. So far almost all the deliveries seem to be in California. Is that a usual pattern? How long before deliveries move east?I'm a July 2021 order with a current est delivery of August 17-October 12. White/black, FSD.
I am not the only one in MD that got their this month. Looking at past trends, there does seem to be something about order filling according to region.

I’m right here, silently following up all the postings and feeling lonely after I saw a lot of westside orders getting their vins. Seems like we are all pushed to Q3. My date range is still 7/29-9/9 black/white 22” FSD. June 2021 order. Just confirmed with my SA that my delivery date is showing mid August on their system which I don’t 100% believe.🤞🏼
Remember back when this list was started, no one was sure if they were even making seven seaters at all. Your time is coming and when that ball starts rolling, all of the anxiety of the past 14 months will be in the past.

At delivery, be sure to test out all seats including second and third rows and make them lay flat. We found one did not lay down flat properly and the seat material in the lower rear of the second row,, single seat was not attached properly. They ordered a new seat immediately and have an appointment for a seat swap in July. If you don't try this you may know it for years. And then, may be too late under warranty.

5/27/21 Order Date
MX 7 MSM/Cream/20in/FSD
Maryland

Like a lot of folks I had been sitting with a long delivery window of July 24 to Sept 4 (may not be exact dates, but that’s pretty close to what I had). Then a week ago I allowed myself to get optimistic when my date range shrunk to July 11 - July 31. Figured the 3 week window was the final step before a 2 week window and a VIN.

This morning I work up to an EDD of July 31 - Sept 11… any chance that’s a quick glitch before my VIN is assigned for a July delivery, or did my date just get pushed back again…?

Reactions: honeyfist301
I’m in Italy and had to switch from cash to finance (which Tesla did 24 hours after an email to the orders email address). Did all the paperwork online and then did final payment / accepted delivery entirely remote. They texted me when the car was dropped off. I have security cameras at home, so knew it was there. I was not concerned about quality issues, as anything that is reported under 100 miles (and when the car hasn’t been driven anywhere) is clearly going to get covered by warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: EV3_ and lexus26
At delivery, be sure to test out all seats including second and third rows and make them lay flat. We found one did not lay down flat properly and the seat material in the lower rear of the second row,, single seat was not attached properly. They ordered a new seat immediately and have an appointment for a seat swap in July. If you don't try this you may know it for years. And then, may be too late under warranty.
Do you mind adding this to the main delivery checklist? This will be useful to others for sure. Thanks!

Wow congrats!!!! Graduation day (from this thread) soon for ya and very happy for ya!

Did they just update it w vin this evening and txted you? Or did you just noted in the app/website after the usual continuous refreshing we all have been doing?
Sorry for the late response. Was busy with daily responsibilities. I received a text around 6pm on Friday and VIN showed up sometime yesterday on my app.

And I just checked and they scheduled me for delivery on the 28th.