Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Anyone got VIN number/delivery date schedule request in like 2.5 months since order placed? I placed mine (White/White, 7 seats, FSD, Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive) on 04/15/2022 and got my VIN/Request for scheduling delivery last Friday (06/24/2022). Not exactly I am complaining, but estimated delivery date showed Dec 2022 - Mar 2023, and I am not really ready (financial-wise) for the delivery. And the local agent contacted me with only 1 slot available for delivery which is on 06/28, so they are expecting me to have everything ready (fund for down payment, loan, insurance...) in like 4 days??? (06/24 to 06/28). I locate in WA if that helps any.

I have my post here for that same question.

Just got home from picking up the baby!! There were A TON of S/X on the lot. Like so many I couldn’t count.

Pickup instructions were kind of confusing so we went into the showroom for help. Wife apparently had to confirm a few things on her account since she was a co-signer. Sales guy had to push the confirmation to my app and we were on our way.

Checked the car and it is basically flawless so far. If I were to nitpick on something it would be a small gap on the hood to quarter panel and a small misalignment on the rear wheel well. Seems like almost 100% of the deliveries have this issue. Door handles are straight af and that’s all I could wish for.

Pics will come tomorrow after my appt with California Wheels to put on my aftermarket wheels 😬

HI everyone... I originally placed my order for MX Blk with white interior 7 seat. 22 inch wheels. i just check the app a few days ago and it said jan 2023- march 2023 but this morning, i got a email saying i got my vin and schedule for pick up. so i chose tuesday which was the earliest avail. i dont know how or why it got bumped up so early but i am excited. im kinda thinking maybe this was a reject that someone didnt want? my vin was NF328... Can anyone tell me anything about it? does it have swivel screen?? i tried decoding and it shows it was made it fremont and its an x but i didnt get much more from that...any help would be greatly appreciated!! so excited!

Received a VIN yesterday 7SAXCAE56NFxxxxxx
Order date: 06/11/2021
White exterior/black interior/7-seats
Scheduled delivery on Tuesday 06/28 in the Bay Area

Question: I’d like to switch to finance instead of cash payment. Bank want an updated MVPA with the financed amount on it. Tesla SA is unresponsive, either because it’s weekend or because it’s end of quarter nutty time :)

Is there anything I should do? Worried my delivery may get delayed if this finance issue isn’t sorted out on time.
did you get swivel screen?

HI everyone... I originally placed my order for MX Blk with white interior 7 seat. 22 inch wheels. i just check the app a few days ago and it said jan 2023- march 2023 but this morning, i got a email saying i got my vin and schedule for pick up. so i chose tuesday which was the earliest avail. i dont know how or why it got bumped up so early but i am excited. im kinda thinking maybe this was a reject that someone didnt want? my vin was NF328... Can anyone tell me anything about it? does it have swivel screen?? i tried decoding and it shows it was made it fremont and its an x but i didnt get much more from that...any help would be greatly appreciated!! so excited!
I think that vin may be a bit older. I am not sure, but might not have swivel screen.

If it doesn’t Come with swivel screen and I reject it, do I go back in the que again for January? Or do I get a sooner one? Also, if it doesn’t come with swivel is there just an easy fix that Tesla does to fix?
I don’t think it has swivel screen. Swivel screen starts around 339. Correct if I am wrong but I Believe this VIN is quite old. You should definitely call and ask for the birthdate of the car. You can also certainly ask if they would add on that feature with a cost, but i doubt they will. Good luck!

Picked up our car ytd, but didn't have time to post. I ordered the carID "2022" tesla X 3Dmaxpider kagu weather mats 2 weeks ago and it arrived today. I didn't think of checking the actual site to see if it existed like others here, so I do feel a little lied to by the false advertisement. I would've ordered the tesla 2022 front mats if I knew... I decided to put them in anyways to check the fit and show you guys photos as some were wondering... I haven't decided what I'll do... the fit is mostly good, but some parts bulges or not as snug as I would expect... maybe that's the way it's supposed to be? I paid too much for what they are, especially the extra duty to get it through the border... so I don't even think returning them is an option. Anyways... the invoices AND tags on mats say 2017-2021 on them 😒 you can see some slight gaps on the sides in the front passenger and drivermats. The cargo mat is not symmetrical... so one side is not deep enough vs the other... that's just QC issue...
This looks good to me actually! I assume there is no change with pre 2021 model.

Sorry for the late response. Was busy with daily responsibilities. I received a text around 6pm on Friday and VIN showed up sometime yesterday on my app.

And I just checked and they scheduled me for delivery on the 28th.
No worries at all, and so awesome to hear as were we all anticipating that you would hear re: a VIN soon! Would love to see some pics and your first impressions, when you've settled in with your new X of course - Really appreciate you hanging with us even after your delivery to send us positive VIN vibes for those of us still here!

Yes!! We did! CHEERS to that!

Do you and @snaccs have a delivery date schedule yet? They never informed me and I just noticed my appointment time on the 28th at 2pm. I need to call and change it to a later time. Anyone know the phone number to call?
After a ton of calls I was able to get my delivery pushed up and I have my baby! Got it pushed to 5pm on the 26th but I got a text at 3pm saying it was waiting for me and the parking space number it was at. So I rushed down there and picked it up.

Some tips:

1) forget about going into the show room (unless you don't know where your vehicle is parked). Just go directly to the spot and start checking it out. Do not accept delivery on the app until you are good to go. Don't rush. I saw people get talked into accepting the vehicle on the app before checking it out so I recommend just looking first.

2) my vehicle the doors were open, I was able to check out the interior without accepting the vehicle in the app. Luckily everything was good except a few minor things I'll just make a service appointment for. Tally up all your issues and make one appointment.

3) since my car was open and key cards in the vehicle I could have technically gone for a test drive but I didn't think about that then.

4) mine was at 60% charge, a bit disappointed about that. But since I knew I didn't accept delivery yet if I just went to park at the 250kw chargers and filled her up it would be on Tesla's tab. So I did that, max charged it to 100% (make sure to slide the batt from 80% to 100% to just get that initial charge) took 40mins. During that time you can mess around with the vehicle and learn some settings.

5) Then when that was all done I accepted delivery on the app. System rebooted and some things got locked. Premium connectivity went away, a model 3 showed up in the app instead of the x.

6) A system update was now required. Pretty lame since you would think the latest vehicle software would be there. It would take about 50mins but I didn't want to sit there for another hour so I just drove it home.

7) First impressions, the yoke is crazy. Sure I'll get used to it but weird. Signaling with buttons on the yoke is new and I have to look down to remember which is left and which is right until I get confident. Selecting forward/reverse/park on the side of the touchscreen was a surprise. Auto doors is cool but another thing I got to get used to. Kids love the back screen and apps. Windshield really got to get used to how much glass is there. Will probably time the front.

8) already headed out on my road trip and put 250miles on her. Seats are comfortable, Autopilot a little finicky but not bad. Streaming music is nice. Wish the cup holders were a little bigger. 2nd row has no storage since the wings go up. Got to figure out something there.

That's all I could think of. Hope to meet more of you guys, maybe join in on a group buy for the autofrunk! My wife loves using it but can't close it consistently so probably will invest in that.

Good luck @lexus26 !

Last Friday, someone vandalize my car on my driveway. It’s Lexus es350. They took passenger side fender, headlight, bumper and whole grill during overnight. Performed by professional. Wtf!! I need my MX asap.
4C659592-92DE-48BE-AAB2-537F54A6E534.jpeg

You got exactly same config as me. Black/white 7 22” with FSD. If you reject that, they might be passing it to me early Q3, next month. I’m gonna reject that too lol

Your Model X​

RN11495XXXX

View Design Details

Estimated Delivery: August 21 - October 02​

Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.

Ugh. A bit of a pushback for my EDD this morning. Details in my sig.