Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you listed everything down as soon as you could. The earlier the better. Were you able to inspect it while the Tesla employee was still there or this is after they ubered away?

What were your configs and where are you located in CA?

SoCal. Basic build: White/Blk/22.

Got a last minute same day service appt, so hopefully a quick reset will do the trick. All the other issues besides paint should be addressable. Not going to nitpick too much.

Same, still Sep 15th to nov 10th for like a month. So nice to be comfortable settled in to an etd…or is it? Sighhh. No end of quarter call to say, “ he we got a car for ya at the last minute”…would have been nice. Oh well, I think they’re gonna move things around now once q3 settles in, I wouldn’t be surprised if some July/Aug folks temporarily see pushback Edds as I suspect they will slow deliveries to a halt for much of July and beginning of august, as seemed to be the case in April/may. Here’s hoping the interest rates hold reasonably so as to what they now.

Hey sorry to hear your current car got vandalized, that’s just terrible. Hopefully your insurance will get it back to good/sellable/tradable condition without hassle so u can continue doing as u planned w the Lexus. You really do deserve have an x come your way soon with what’s happened to your current car! 🤞🏾
Thanks man. We need to pay $100 deductible if it’s fixable. Hope they can fix it like a new car. The tires and brake pads and rotors are the new ones. Need to get rental car during the process but need to pay 20% or rental fee. If I already got my X, no need to worry about but unfortunately, noMX in my hand.

You have some hope since it’s still last call for Q2. One day left! As I see in the past cases, they still do the EOQ push until kind of early next quarter ( about 3-4 days more?). I hope you get the last minute call!

I also got an information about the part prices for tesla cars. My friend who is Tesla mechanic, he told me that the headlight part price went double up this week! I hope that to be the sign for the new Matrix headlights coming soon to our cars!

5E5A3E18-FEEA-4EB7-BA40-139801C3C7FA.jpeg

Finally home!! And all tucked in for the night.

Taking the day off from work tomorrow to continue drooling over this beauty. And of course mark down any leftover issues.

One word before I go celebrate with a beer.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be picking mine up tomorrow morning! First Tesla as well! I'll be using the checklist from the main forum
What a day! My pickup, scheduled for tomorrow morning was changed last minute to tonight. They called me at 6p and pretty much said that they don't have room to hold the car until tomorrow morning so they need to deliver it this evening or have me come pick it up this evening.

I decided to come pick it up at 8p. It was kinda hectic cause I was planning on spending tonight to review documents and empty the car I'm trading in so I had to do that in like 20mn before driving over.

Overall, the car is gorgeous!
I did find some imperfections. One of the fwd had a minor misalignment and is not perfectly flushed. No gaps though.
One small paint chip was touched up very poorly.
I was hesitant to rejecting the delivery since I didn't want to wait another who knows how many months with no guarantee that the next car won't have a similar issue.

I'll be scheduling a service appt ASAP.

How long do we have to flag issues present at delivery? And how do we schedule a service appt for this type of issue?

Reactions: Vthai123
View attachment 822968
Finally home!! And all tucked in for the night.

Taking the day off from work tomorrow to continue drooling over this beauty. And of course mark down any leftover issues.

One word before I go celebrate with a beer.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!
Gorgeous! Enjoy!

What type of issue did you have at delivery again? Is it perfect now?

Reactions: lexus26
Tesla called saying that my car ve early and i took delivery yesterday! I have been very busy so i didn't post until now. There are some minor issues like panels gaps, one misalignment and like 4 seats that have crinkles. Overall, the car is amazing and insane!!!! Ask me any question and i will try my best to respond. A couple things i noticed is that the X badge at the enterance of the rear seats gets dirty really fast with footprints. The screen also gets pretty dusty fast. The yoke took me only like 15 minutes driving to get used to, now it feels normal. I just had a trip to LA and back (around one hour) and it was a perfect ride!! The first two pictures are pictures i'm proud of, but the rest are the issues that i found. It was super easy to make a service appointment with the app. It's worth the wait guys your tesla is coming soooon!!!!
were you able to report those issues? do you know if they'll fix the seat that have crinkles?

I am picking up my X LR this Wednesday, but I went yesterday to see if it was there and it was. However, I noted a number of alignment issues. Based on what I have read from others, if I accept the delivery, they will say it is in tolerance. What are the chances if i dont accept delivery and ask them to fix it before i accept delivery. Is there a chance for that or is it a pipe dream?
So, I'm in Maryland also and my delivery window is still August 17 - October 9. Curious to know what the differences may be that led to your delivery so much sooner. I ordered end of June 21--white, 7 seats, FSD.

Did you get it? What do you think?

Gorgeous! Enjoy!

What type of issue did you have at delivery again? Is it perfect now?
Congratulations on pick up your car as well!! I just finished typing up a very long summary of my delivery experienced on the main thread The issues I found which I also already scheduled a service appointment were the uneven trimmings. As far as the panels. No uneven panels, only panel gap for the front hood but the tech said it's within specs. Nothing I could see so far for the interior. They said within 24 hours or 100 miles. I passed the 24 hours but I hope it shouldnt be too big of a deal since I already told them to the tech in person as well.

How was your experience?

So, I'm in Maryland also and my delivery window is still August 17 - October 9. Curious to know what the differences may be that led to your delivery so much sooner. I ordered end of June 21--white, 7 seats, FSD.

Did you get it? What do you think?
He said June 2021 order and red/ black. Wow all of us three Marylanders ordered in June 2021 7 seater as well! What’s your exact date? Mine is June 13th.

Congratulations on pick up your car as well!! I just finished typing up a very long summary of my delivery experienced on the main thread The issues I found which I also already scheduled a service appointment were the uneven trimmings. As far as the panels. No uneven panels, only panel gap for the front hood but the tech said it's within specs. Nothing I could see so far for the interior. They said within 24 hours or 100 miles. I passed the 24 hours but I hope it shouldnt be too big of a deal since I already told them to the tech in person as well.

How was your experience?
I just read your summary! I experienced a very similar attitude from the SA on DD.

I posted a short summary of my DD in case you missed it. I'll spend some time to write a more detailed one after I get some sleep haha.

Btw, when you push the button on the 2nd row seat does the seat fold AND move? mine doesn't move and pushing it forward feels like pushing a boulder. Also, when you push the 3rd row seat button, is the seat suppose to fold down after the headrest folds?

What a day! My pickup, scheduled for tomorrow morning was changed last minute to tonight. They called me at 6p and pretty much said that they don't have room to hold the car until tomorrow morning so they need to deliver it this evening or have me come pick it up this evening.

I decided to come pick it up at 8p. It was kinda hectic cause I was planning on spending tonight to review documents and empty the car I'm trading in so I had to do that in like 20mn before driving over.

Overall, the car is gorgeous!
I did find some imperfections. One of the fwd had a minor misalignment and is not perfectly flushed. No gaps though.
One small paint chip was touched up very poorly.
I was hesitant to rejecting the delivery since I didn't want to wait another who knows how many months with no guarantee that the next car won't have a similar issue.

I'll be scheduling a service appt ASAP.

How long do we have to flag issues present at delivery? And how do we schedule a service appt for this type of issue?

I just read your summary! I experienced a very similar attitude from the SA on DD.

I posted a short summary of my DD in case you missed it. I'll spend some time to write a more detailed one after I get some sleep haha.

Btw, when you push the button on the 2nd row seat does the seat fold AND move? mine doesn't move and pushing it forward feels like pushing a boulder. Also, when you push the 3rd row seat button, is the seat suppose to fold down after the headrest folds?
Is there anything on the 2nd row seats when you pushed the button? One click should tilt the seats and free to move forward.

On the 3rd row button, first push folds the headrest, second push folds the seats.