Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just read your summary! I experienced a very similar attitude from the SA on DD.

I posted a short summary of my DD in case you missed it. I'll spend some time to write a more detailed one after I get some sleep haha.

Btw, when you push the button on the 2nd row seat does the seat fold AND move? mine doesn't move and pushing it forward feels like pushing a boulder. Also, when you push the 3rd row seat button, is the seat suppose to fold down after the headrest folds?
You asked a very good questions. Somehow I thought the 2nd row was motorized. I was a bit disappointed when I found out it was manual. Man....for a 6 digit car I have to use strength? If you find out how to maneuver it, please do share.

As for the 3rd row, it's exactly what @outie stated. Press button, headrests fold down and then push to fold.

Got the car delivered last night at 11pm! IMO..car in great condition! Here are a few pics. The one issue I reported so far in one of the pic.

Attachments

• 5EF195A5-B556-4E0B-A84B-009B7ABF8350.jpeg
    5EF195A5-B556-4E0B-A84B-009B7ABF8350.jpeg
    759.8 KB · Views: 110
  • B454F628-C7EF-4D93-8CC3-EA4FDDA2B854.jpeg
    B454F628-C7EF-4D93-8CC3-EA4FDDA2B854.jpeg
    576 KB · Views: 99
  • DD77C6A5-693B-47D4-BAB7-7AAD0DB9A10A.jpeg
    DD77C6A5-693B-47D4-BAB7-7AAD0DB9A10A.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 95
You asked a very good questions. Somehow I thought the 2nd row was motorized. I was a bit disappointed when I found out it was manual. Man....for a 6 digit car I have to use strength? If you find out how to maneuver it, please do share.

As for the 3rd row, it's exactly what @outie stated. Press button, headrests fold down and then push to fold.
Will do! The service appointment is scheduled for July 17.

In my case I have to use a lot of strength so I wonder if something is rubbing. I don't see a kid or elderly person being able to operate operating seats to get to the 3rd row.

I need to precondition my model X battery. I currently have 96 miles left. Will tuning on climate control and and leaving the AC running at 70 work before I leave to a charger destination? Or does the heater need to be on instead? I want to charge at my company’s level 2 charger if possible. It’s about a 25 minute drive. How long do I have to precondition before I leave home. Tomorrow will be my second day with the car. Thanks for your help!

I need to precondition my model X battery. I currently have 96 miles left. Will tuning on climate control and and leaving the AC running at 70 work before I leave to a charger destination? Or does the heater need to be on instead? I want to charge at my company’s level 2 charger if possible. It’s about a 25 minute drive. How long do I have to precondition before I leave home. Tomorrow will be my second day with the car. Thanks for your help!
Why do you need to precondition? Normally there should be need to do anything. What are you trying to accomplish?

Reactions: Vthai123
Preconditioning only needed when SuperCharging to speed up the charging slightly. If you use Nav, the car preconditions automatically before you arrive at the SuperCharger. If at home or anywhere else with a regular slower charger, no preconditioning needed.

2nd row is motorized, I just picked up my 22 Plaid X on Thursday and somehow your picture is not showing the two buttons on the side of the chair to move it back and forth?

2nd row is motorized, I just picked up my 22 Plaid X on Thursday, but somehow your picture is missing the two buttons on the side to move the chair back and forth?

Why do you need to precondition? Normally there should be need to do anything. What are you trying to accomplish?
So yesterday I charged at work for 2 hours. It was at 29 amps rate. Sorry at nhh up to sure if I worded correctly. Anyway I was able 30 miles total. This seemed pretty low to me. I read somewhere that precondition can improve charging in the future meaning I will get more miles. looks like this is only for super charging.

So yesterday I charged at work for 2 hours. It was at 29 amps rate. Sorry at nhh up to sure if I worded correctly. Anyway I was able 30 miles total. This seemed pretty low to me. I read somewhere that precondition can improve charging in the future meaning I will get more miles. looks like this is only for super charging.
It depends on the available power at work charger. With only 29 amps available, 30 miles in two hours sounds about right. Preconditioning is only worth worrying about in the winter when it is very cold (well below freezing for extended periods). I doubt it will make a noticeable difference anytime in San Jose.

Basically, preconditioning comes into play when you navigate to a supercharger. It is supposed to consume more energy to heat up the battery so it charges more quickly. Since, with newer cars, we have to pay for every kw, it doesn’t make sense to me, to waste energy, just to add that energy back more quickly for additional $$. Most of time when I am supercharging, I will have driven at least two hours, which warms up the battery anyway. So I think it is basically a nothing burger, IMO.

It depends on the available power at work charger. With only 29 amps available, 30 miles in two hours sounds about right. Preconditioning is only worth worrying about in the winter when it is very cold (well below freezing for extended periods). I doubt it will make a noticeable difference anytime in San Jose.

Basically, preconditioning comes into play when you navigate to a supercharger. It is supposed to consume more energy to heat up the battery so it charges more quickly. Since, with newer cars, we have to pay for every kw, it doesn’t make sense to me, to waste energy, just to add that energy back more quickly for additional $$. Most of time when I am supercharging, I will have driven at least two hours, which warms up the battery anyway. So I think it is basically a nothing burger, IMO.Great explanation! Thank you!

My date window tightened up this morning. It had been Aug 14-Oct 4 for the past few weeks and now its Aug 14-Sept 25. May 2021 order in Texas. LETS GO lol.
Mine got pushed from July to Aug 13-Sep24 looks like just one day from yours. Red/black 7 seats fsd I think they produce colors in batches so maybe they put similar colors together.

So, I'm in Maryland also and my delivery window is still August 17 - October 9. Curious to know what the differences may be that led to your delivery so much sooner. I ordered end of June 21--white, 7 seats, FSD.

Did you get it? What do you think?
I did pickup on 29th. Few spanel gaps, a dent and paint chip. They are going to fix them. I orDerek on 6/9/21, red, black, 20”. I listed as pay in full but then financed it.
so far I like it. Few quirks, but overall nice.