Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“At Tesla, we make every effort to ensure our cars meet the highest standards and customers have a great ownership experience.
We are currently performing a thorough inspection of your vehicle to make certain our standards are met.
To give our technicians the time needed to conduct a comprehensive inspection, we would like to reschedule your delivery for 07/25”

That’s the text I got today. I’m really hoping there’s no issue with the car.

“At Tesla, we make every effort to ensure our cars meet the highest standards and customers have a great ownership experience.
We are currently performing a thorough inspection of your vehicle to make certain our standards are met.
To give our technicians the time needed to conduct a comprehensive inspection, we would like to reschedule your delivery for 07/25”

That’s the text I got today. I’m really hoping there’s no issue with the car.
Don't take this seriously but I humorously translated this as:

We found some serious issue with your vehicle that is too obvious that even a 5 year old kid would likely reject the delivery. It does not meet our usual highest standards of glaring gaps, missing bolts on seats and brake pads that we decided to hold delivery.

• Funny
Reactions: lexus26
Thank you, hoping so as well, would be happy definitely getting at end of sep!

How're you liking your car, despite some of the minor issues you mentioned? Any long trips to really test out the performance and comfort?
Oh, I am loving the car very much. I actually wish (a very tiny bit) that I have a longer commute to work that involves using the freeway. haha. But I am not complaining. I have yet to drop off my car for the minor issues as I keep rescheduling. I still only have less than 300 miles on the car and am coming up one month of ownership. Time sure flies. The farthest I have driven was only an hour away from home, with traffic and with toddler in car.
I had to promise my husband that I will be on chill/comfort mode when driving with the kid. So definitely haven't fully test the car's ability yet.
I will try not to repeat everyone's sentiments after finally getting the car as it is worth the wait. It is! But I came from a small sporty sedan, so the size of the car definitely needs some getting used to. I miss the days I can zip into a parking space and not worry if it's aligned with the lines or whatnot. With this car, there were several reverses needed when entering a parking spot or my garage.
And I do miss my steering "wheel". Just today, I went to grab lunch and had to make a U turn. I can no longer just let the wheel straighten out itself while my hand is air hugging the wheel just in case I need to grab control of the wheel again. With the yoke, I lost a bit of control while waiting for the car and yoke to straighten out of the U turn. What if I need to avoid an accident. There is a 50/50 chance I would grabbing the yoke or just grabbing air and then being knocked by the yoke a second later.

Today supposed to be my delivery day after waiting for more then a year. I got so excited and waiting for my pick up text with lot spot no. And I got a text saying it would be ready by 5:00pm instead of 3:00 pm. That’s ok. What’s another two hours. I waited all this time. But got a another text saying they have to delayed to tomorrow. What a bummer!!!!
whoa! That is not cool. Are you picking up at the factory? Did you ask them the reason for the delay?

Oh, I am loving the car very much. I actually wish (a very tiny bit) that I have a longer commute to work that involves using the freeway. haha. But I am not complaining. I have yet to drop off my car for the minor issues as I keep rescheduling. I still only have less than 300 miles on the car and am coming up one month of ownership. Time sure flies. The farthest I have driven was only an hour away from home, with traffic and with toddler in car.
I had to promise my husband that I will be on chill/comfort mode when driving with the kid. So definitely haven't fully test the car's ability yet.
I will try not to repeat everyone's sentiments after finally getting the car as it is worth the wait. It is! But I came from a small sporty sedan, so the size of the car definitely needs some getting used to. I miss the days I can zip into a parking space and not worry if it's aligned with the lines or whatnot. With this car, there were several reverses needed when entering a parking spot or my garage.
And I do miss my steering "wheel". Just today, I went to grab lunch and had to make a U turn. I can no longer just let the wheel straighten out itself while my hand is air hugging the wheel just in case I need to grab control of the wheel again. With the yoke, I lost a bit of control while waiting for the car and yoke to straighten out of the U turn. What if I need to avoid an accident. There is a 50/50 chance I would grabbing the yoke or just grabbing air and then being knocked by the yoke a second later.
yes. as progressive as the yoke is, i think 35+ years of driving experience would instinctively want to do things in a evasive maneuver situation that may be difficult. for the majority of driving it isn’t bad though. try using your finger in the wheel space when it’s straightening from a u turn to keep the wheel turning at the speed you want.

Did you get all windows tinted or just the front windows to match the back? Do you know if the factory tint has UV protection?
i only got the front windows tinted to matched the rear. 20 or 25%.

and yeah, i only took that one picture. i have a video, but can’t seem to attach that. it’s gotten rained on, so i’ll take some more when it’s clean again.

you have to nerd out and show unsuspecting people the light show. for those who don’t know about it, it’s quite overwhelming. lol

whoa! That is not cool. Are you picking up at the factory? Did you ask them the reason for the delay?
Just picked up the car from Fremont factory.
Interesting event. Got a text with just a address When I got there it was confusing where to go. Had to stop few random employees. It was Gate 5(main entrance) go walk up to the office let them know you are there. He gave me a lot no where the car is. And told me to go look for it all by myself (lol). Using the Tesla app to open the car and drive off. No one was there to help or answer any question. Just grab whoever walks by with Tesla uniform. I drove for about an hour back home. Drives solid. I was little nervous cause never drove ev before. But managed to come home safe. Lol

yes. as progressive as the yoke is, i think 35+ years of driving experience would instinctively want to do things in a evasive maneuver situation that may be difficult. for the majority of driving it isn’t bad though. try using your finger in the wheel space when it’s straightening from a u turn to keep the wheel turning at the speed you want.
Will give that a try. Thank you!

Interesting event. Got a text with just a address When I got there it was confusing where to go. Had to stop few random employees. It was Gate 5(main entrance) go walk up to the office let them know you are there. He gave me a lot no where the car is. And told me to go look for it all by myself (lol). Using the Tesla app to open the car and drive off. No one was there to help or answer any question. Just grab whoever walks by with Tesla uniform. I drove for about an hour back home. Drives solid. I was little nervous cause never drove ev before. But managed to come home safe. Lol
Congrats! EVs (particularly teslas) are so fun to drive. Instant torque and acceleration is so addictive. Whenever I get into an ICE car I feel that they are heavy and slooooow. Enjoy your new ride!

Reactions: timberlights
That is great to hear, overall super positive impression! I am excited about the yoke (heck, I like new things), but I can certainly see an issue for some time. I drove my wife’s model 3 this past weekend on a trip to wine country, and I often found myself resting or using the top half of that steering wheel and had to actively think about not doing that…I dont know, old habits. After some time I hope you dont feel like there could be a safely issue in case you need to grab the yoke suddenly, at least your muscle memory will adapt to quickly grabbing it at the lower grip areas.

My dad, who has an older model X, 2020 model year prior to the refresh, loves his and was very much glad he got hits pre-yoke steering wheel, saying how stupid the yoke seemed to be. A friend of his this weekend brought his brand new 2022 model X to my dad’s house, and my dad got a chance to drive it. And lo and behold, my dad didn’t mind the Yoke! Although he was glad to go back to his round steering wheel, still that was good to hear.

On a side note, my dad’s friend reportedly got a 2022 model X LR 7-seater, apparently a month after ordering it. 😕. Sure he paid full/current price, but that’s just crazy that they called him over people probably on the waiting list for months/year (such as most of us). Just another anecdotal situation that bums me.

Last edited:
Reactions: lexus26
Hi! I have been trying my best to stay up to date with at least this thread but a lot of stuff was going on since getting the car. I haven't even found a place for tinting and coating. I am sooo behind......

Thanks for asking. @Kitt9000 asked as well so I replied to her already.
BTW, last I checked I was a “him”…wait…….yep, still a “him”. ;)

i know it may be too late for you, but i springy recommend people curbing their enthusiasm on pick up day and thoroughly go over the car before taking it home. scheduling service appts can be a little challenging. if i would have taken more time, i could have had some little things fixed instead of having to wait. some things will take time and use to notice it realize, but i can’t believe i missed the whole a pillar trim being absent. i’m not used to a part like that NOT being there.

I know be progressive, but the whole hands off/app thing isn’t really accommodating for people who are used to communicating issues and solutions

BTW, last I checked I was a “him”…wait…….yep, still a “him”. ;)
Whoa, my apologies! I didn't even know I did that until you pointed it out.
That is great to hear, overall super positive impression! I am excited about the yoke (heck, I like new things), but I can certainly see an issue for some time. I drove my wife’s model 3 this past weekend on a trip to wine country, and I often found myself resting or using the top half of that steering wheel and had to actively think about not doing that…I dont know, old habits. After some time I hope you dont feel like there could be a safely issue in case you need to grab the yoke suddenly, at least your muscle memory will adapt to quickly grabbing it at the lower grip areas.

My dad, who has an older model X, 2020 model year prior to the refresh, loves his and was very much glad he got hits pre-yoke steering wheel, saying how stupid the yoke seemed to be. A friend of his this weekend brought his brand new 2022 model X to my dad’s house, and my dad got a chance to drive it. And lo and behold, my dad didn’t mind the Yoke! Although he was glad to go back to his round steering wheel, still that was good to hear.

On a side note, my dad’s friend reportedly got a 2022 model X LR 7-seater, apparently a month after ordering it. 😕. Sure he paid full/current price, but that’s just crazy that they called him over people probably on the waiting list for months/year (such as most of us). Just another anecdotal situation that bums me.
Yes!! I do that too! I was always a "12 o'clock" driver. It allows for optimal maneuverability while the other hand is texting away on the phone. Haha.
And to be honest, with the yoke and when I would drive with both hands at the 3 and 9 position, I actually felt like a granny (not meant to be offensive to anyone, especially grannys), but it just feels weird having two hands on the wheel/yoke at the same time. But yes, you will need to change that habit and do a 6:30ish o' clock. ahha. And I have already accidently honked and initiated the windshield wipers twice while trying to steer with one hand.

Reactions: honeyfist301
i know it may be too late for you, but i springy recommend people curbing their enthusiasm on pick up day and thoroughly go over the car before taking it home. scheduling service appts can be a little challenging. if i would have taken more time, i could have had some little things fixed instead of having to wait. some things will take time and use to notice it realize, but i can’t believe i missed the whole a pillar trim being absent. i’m not used to a part like that NOT being there.

I know be progressive, but the whole hands off/app thing isn’t really accommodating for people who are used to communicating issues and solutions
I second that advice. Even though with my situation, they did address some issues and had me come back the next day to finalize the pick up, they were very adamant about me taking it home and having the issues addressed via service app. Or it could have been my issues were minor enough where it didn't affect the safety and driving experience of the car and that it was also a day before EOQ. haha

Reactions: honeyfist301