Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a may 21 LR w/w order. Current Edd is 10/18-12/13. Unless the factory literally ran out of white paint and seats, I have no idea why other cars are getting delivered first to people who ordered after us.
Same. Ordered mine in April of ‘21 and dates are 10/16/-12/18. I thankfully already have 2019 X so I can be pretty patient. I keep telling myself to that they are going to announce AP HW 4 shipping in everything after the 9/30 AI Day. Lol

• Funny
Reactions: Jacomath
Same. Ordered mine in April of ‘21 and dates are 10/16/-12/18. I thankfully already have 2019 X so I can be pretty patient. I keep telling myself to that they are going to announce AP HW 4 shipping in everything after the 9/30 AI Day. Lol
Atleast I am glad that I am not the only April 21 LR order with an October delivery. Good luck with the AP HW 4, I mean that would be something for the wait 😀

• Funny
Reactions: Pale_Rider
Thanks Kitt! Delivery process was awesome and simple. There were couple of things that needs to be fixed. There were some deep scratches on the hood and some glue residue on the interior camera trim. Also the hood was misaligned and these will be fixed by them. But there was also kind of misalignment door trim but they said those were in their own regulation due to the FWD to work properly. Not a big deal to me. Car funs really good and interior looks awesome!
The first drive, the camera calibration was stopped at 99% so need to re-calibration on the service tab on screen and it was fast to get the camera calibrated and able to use NOA and auto steering which was awesome!
Still enjoying to playing around my car but worth the wait! You are almost there too Kitt! Hang in there and hope you get yours soon too!View attachment 841931View attachment 841932View attachment 841933View attachment 841934View attachment 841935
Beautiful, thanks for sharing! I’m glad you put in the requests for service as well, I imagine you looked over “the checklist”. It’s reallly helpful to know that the mats for the previous model fit for you at least in the second and 3rd rows. I have the new first row mats from tesla so will use those and will probably buy the Tesla OEM mats for the “7 seater” option listed for last gen of X’s. Not sure if the trunk one will fit though, as the trunk shape seems like it may be a little different with those cubbie spaces on the sides.

Any major trips planned in your X to really get it out there w/ luggage and the fam?! Why wife and I were thinking maybe Tahoe mid sep, and would be a great drive for the X, so hope my delivery date is near what is currently predicted as mid-sep for start of range.

And oh yes, I’m a big port/dessert wine guy also, seeing that ice wine poured really is the perfect way to celebrate the delivery day after this long! I’ll probably pop open some champagne even when I get the trade in txt, any little signs are celebratory I think lol.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lexus26
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! How time flies! I remembered like it was just yesterday that you finally got VINNED! Hope your pick-up experience was as memorable as it should be! ENJOY!!

We are rooting for you @Kitt9000!!!
Thanks!!! I’m anticipating joining the cool X kids club hopefully within the month! Each day seems to get longer and longer as I approach Sep, LOL.

one thing i think first time tesla owners might want to do is check the acceleration options when you first pick it up. my wife drove it off the lot and kept blasting off from the lights. turns out it was set to insane mode. coming from a gas powered car, she was a little heavy w the right pedal. lol
That is a cool wife you got there. hahah.

Mine is ALWAYS on insane mode when I am driving by myself. It's exhilarating when entering the freeway.

Reactions: X-FACTOR
Thanks!
There are tesla carpet mats for default. I placed the 3d maxpider and everything was fitting perfectly except the passenger side 1st row. It needs to be little bit adjusted with cutting around the seat stand parts (don’t know what it calls but the thing which holds the seat). I did not do it yet but not a big deal. It still fits but not perfectly.

Thanks Kitt! Delivery process was awesome and simple. There were couple of things that needs to be fixed. There were some deep scratches on the hood and some glue residue on the interior camera trim. Also the hood was misaligned and these will be fixed by them. But there was also kind of misalignment door trim but they said those were in their own regulation due to the FWD to work properly. Not a big deal to me. Car funs really good and interior looks awesome!
The first drive, the camera calibration was stopped at 99% so need to re-calibration on the service tab on screen and it was fast to get the camera calibrated and able to use NOA and auto steering which was awesome!
Still enjoying to playing around my car but worth the wait! You are almost there too Kitt! Hang in there and hope you get yours soon too!View attachment 841931View attachment 841932View attachment 841933View attachment 841934View attachment 841935
Congratulations! 7 seaters are finally getting to Maryland!

I just scheduled my delivery for the 29th in Owings Mills so now I've got to get my 2019 Raven sold. Tesla's offer was disappointing--only 80k--which surprised me. Car has only 15k miles, FSD, 7 seats. The only damage is a dent in the rear deck lid caused by Tesla mechanic who backed it into a pole in April when I had it in to get, of all things, new key fobs! They're replacing the entire assembly at their cost and finally got to it this week. Otherwise it's in great shape.

KBB trade-in estimate was $91k, with a range of $88-$94k and Givemethevin quoted between $84-86k, which is apparently negotiable. Had Tesla offered $90k I would have taken it, and I wonder if there's anyone I could talk to at Tesla to see if I can move them up....

But I'm really looking forward to the 29th.

Ordered April 2021. Delivery date is this coming Wednesday. Got my delivery inspection list ready to go. Does anyone know if we are supposed to pay for the car before we go? We are wiring money, and I know this can take over 4 hours, but I really don't want to pay for something I haven't seen yet. Especially when said object is measured in ****tons of money rather than just tons of money.

How does a wheel alignment brings energy consumption down?
When the wheels are perfectly aligned (all pointing in the correct direction), rolling resistance is minimized, thus reducing energy consumption. It is actually quite impactful. In my case, the caster angle was off on one front wheel. Correcting it, reduced my energy consumption by almost twenty percent. Mind you the vehicle felt fine and drove completely straight. The only thing wrong was that my energy consumption was high. It was actually higher than my 2018 I traded in. The 2022 uses different tech motors (permanent magnet), and should have been significantly less than my 2018.

When the wheels are perfectly aligned (all pointing in the correct direction), rolling resistance is minimized, thus reducing energy consumption. It is actually quite impactful. In my case, the caster angle was off on one front wheel. Correcting it, reduced my energy consumption by almost twenty percent. Mind you the vehicle felt fine and drove completely straight. The only thing wrong was that my energy consumption was high. It was actually higher than my 2018 I traded in. The 2022 uses different tech motors (permanent magnet), and should have been significantly less than my 2018.
Thank you, energy consumption on my Y is quite high for the past few months, maybe I should checkout the alignment. Is it covered under warranty, my Y is 8 months old.