Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you, energy consumption on my Y is quite high for the past few months, maybe I should checkout the alignment. Is it covered under warranty, my Y is 8 months old.
You can ask, but after 8 months, I doubt it. Vehicles are not aligned at the factory, so alignment correction on brand new vehicles is not unusual. But if you are more than a few days after delivery (first hundred miles) you are not getting warranty coverage. A bump into a curb, or a pothole can knock it out. I had to pay for mine, on my new X within days of delivery. In retrospect, I would have been better off going to a tire store that offers lifetime alignments. But I tried for warranty from the Service Center, but lost out.

Reactions: Jacomath
You can ask, but after 8 months, I doubt it. Vehicles are not aligned at the factory, so alignment correction on brand new vehicles is not unusual. But if you are more than a few days after delivery (first hundred miles) you are not getting warranty coverage. A bump into a curb, or a pothole can knock it out. I had to pay for mine, on my new X within days of delivery. In retrospect, I would have been better off going to a tire store that offers lifetime alignments. But I tried for warranty from the Service Center, but lost out.
Thank you for that info.

When the wheels are perfectly aligned (all pointing in the correct direction), rolling resistance is minimized, thus reducing energy consumption. It is actually quite impactful. In my case, the caster angle was off on one front wheel. Correcting it, reduced my energy consumption by almost twenty percent. Mind you the vehicle felt fine and drove completely straight. The only thing wrong was that my energy consumption was high. It was actually higher than my 2018 I traded in. The 2022 uses different tech motors (permanent magnet), and should have been significantly less than my 2018.
Have you ever pushed a grocery cart with a bent wheel? It often takes extra effort (energy) just to push it along.

• Informative
Reactions: lexus26
I have a may 21 LR w/w order. Current Edd is 10/18-12/13. Unless the factory literally ran out of white paint and seats, I have no idea why other cars are getting delivered first to people who ordered after us.
My order is from May 21 for black/black 20” fsd, and my delivery window is still Oct 26-Dec 21…. So I’m with you in the frustration of later orders being delivered and us still being told to wait another 2-4 months!

Got this text this morning. My EDD is 9/18 - 10/30. Originally ordered Plaid 7 in June 2021 and got forced to LR 7 Jan 2022. I guess I didn’t lose my place in line.

E8FD5FBC-92F8-4623-B240-7A1E6DAAE5BF.jpeg

YES!! That's exciting. Cannot wait to hear how delivery goes in Bend. Love that we have a new service center here now! Post pics/experience when you take delivery. :)
We just got VIN'ed yesterday: White on White, 7 Seater, Long Range. EDD: August 24th-August 27th. We will post pics/experience when we pick up in Bend, OR. We spent the day prepping the garage to host our newest Tesla!!

EDD has not moved for me for probably months.

Called them again and still with a bunch of excuses - wheel size, trim color, exterior color all factors in whether or not I will get my car. Also if you ordered base items (color, seats, wheels etc.) those are more popular so there are more delays.

In the end it shouldn't matter if your factor can interchange the parts easily and quickly. If you can build a 5 white seaters and 6 white seaters, then a white 7 seater should be no problem. Then again, I'm not working at Tesla.....

Called them again and still with a bunch of excuses - wheel size, trim color, exterior color all factors in whether or not I will get my car. Also if you ordered base items (color, seats, wheels etc.) those are more popular so there are more delays.

In the end it shouldn't matter if your factor can interchange the parts easily and quickly. If you can build a 5 white seaters and 6 white seaters, then a white 7 seater should be no problem. Then again, I'm not working at Tesla.....
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it other than just hoping that Tesla will atleast honor the current dates.

Reactions: Kitt9000
Just scheduled my pickup for this Friday afternoon! If the timing works out, we'll pick up the carpool kids from school on the way home (all 6 of them, the primary reason for us getting the 7-seater in the first place) and surprise the hell out of them with the new Tesla.

A quick note on Tesla insurance - I thought it was really competitive (beat out comparison pricing from our current provider, Allstate).

Same here, no Edd change in like the last 1-1.5 months either. Just hoping that the whole west coast end of quarter thing is true, as I see others around may-aug 2021 orders get their cars now. No txt, no call, no email so far….”all quiet on the western front”…literally.

Same here, no Edd change in like the last 1-1.5 months either. Just hoping that the whole west coast end of quarter thing is true, as I see others around may-aug 2021 orders get their cars now. No txt, no call, no email so far….”all quiet on the western front”…literally.
I believe it's true. As that is what happened with me. So one more month!!! Going to be right here to congratulate you!

• Love
Hello, finally got my vin number this morning and set a delivery date for this Sunday at Costa Mesa, Ca. Ordered last year July, black on black, no FSD, 20 inch rims.

I had originally ordered this vehicle on my own at home, but with this constant shifting of the delivery dates, I decided to go to a physical Tesla location since I didn't have any representative of my own whom I could call/text. At the tesla location, apparently the worker I spoke to was able to write "delivery now/asap"'on their system and soon after my vin appeared just a couple days after. Not sure if it was coincidental or he had actually made a difference, but it's worth a shot.

Hello, finally got my vin number this morning and set a delivery date for this Sunday at Costa Mesa, Ca. Ordered last year July, black on black, no FSD, 20 inch rims.

I had originally ordered this vehicle on my own at home, but with this constant shifting of the delivery dates, I decided to go to a physical Tesla location since I didn't have any representative of my own whom I could call/text. At the tesla location, apparently the worker I spoke to was able to write "delivery now/asap"'on their system and soon after my vin appeared just a couple days after. Not sure if it was coincidental or he had actually made a difference, but it's worth a shot.
Hi Congrats on the Vin! Looks like you ordered after me and are in so cal also, so it’s promising to see some movement in socal VINs. May I ask what was your listed Estimated delivery just prior to the VIN?

I also spoke to my SA a few times regarding and he says my account has been notated that I am ready for delivery now as well. Who knows again what that means. It’s just been quiet from my delivery center in Marina Del Rey otherwise. I just reached out again to my SA and the tesla txt today to see if anybody responds with any sort of more focused update. Hope all goes well on your scheduled delivery date, would be great to see pics as always!

@kit9000, I appreciate the kind words! Originally, the EDD was estimated to be from August 13- September 11. Then, on August 14th, it got pushed to August 21- September 11. As soon as the VIN appeared on my account this morning, they automatically updated the EDD to be from August 27-30 which I then chose the 28th to pick up the vehicle! Honestly, I've never had my own rep, that's why I chose to go to an actual location to see if anything would happen. I think it will only be a matter of time for your delivery since you have already received that "Im ready" notification. Best of luck!

• Love