Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally VIN'd myself! hells yea
black, creme interior, 7 seater, 20"wheels, with FSD.
Ordered August 2022. located in Southern Cali.
Hold email 7/25/22. delayed multiple times, then final EDD window shrank 1 week ago to 8/30-9/18 (previously 8/23-9/22, and 8/16-922 for a while before that...).
VIN 7SAXCAE5XNF3590xx (shout out to all other 359's out there!)
new EDD after VIN'd, 8/30-9/3.
Finally, the light at the end of the tunnel!
Congrats!! Great to see some so cal movement!

Congrats!! Great to see some so cal movement!
I picked up at the Lisle location. Yes, we got the mobile charger.
I received my VIN earlier today, and scheduled delivery soon after.
Later in the evening, I got an email about receiving a $200 credit that I can use towards the mobile charger (essentially free of charge; no tax or other charges after applying the provided coupon code) or you can choose to use the credit towards a wall charger. I opted for the free mobile charger.
I'm assuming most of us will be offered the same credit going forward (for those with older orders like mine, before they announced that the mobile charger will no longer be provided with newer orders). My 2 cents, at least.

Reactions: Kitt9000
Will you post yours ?

Here, but it turns out our front toes are both nearly 0:

As far as I knew, having some toe out is actually better so I don't think either of us have the most optimal alignment.

Reactions: Edtreo

As far as I knew, having some toe out is actually better so I don't think either of us have the most optimal alignment.
Thanks. Any guide out there that provide the optimal alignment?
Your thoughts on this one: How To Adjust Your Tesla's Alignment - Mountain Pass Performance

Last edited:

That said, I'm really happy with my -1.5 camber for stock. If I could adjust it, I'd make it -1.3 like I did on my P85D but -1.5 is great for brand new. It might sag after many miles but the new bushing design is way better than the old one and should hold up far better. Plus since the bushings themselves are no longer attached directly to the cradle but instead a connector that bolts to the cradle on the side, it should now be possible to reduce negative camber with a simple shim.

Hello. I just received delivery of my black model x from my socal dealer. I apologize for the lack of photos, I didn't have time as I have been called away for my work. Anyways, upon delivery, the car was in impeccable shape. No misalignments, nothing broken, it was flawless other than being dirty inside. NO KEY FOBS given anymore, apparently "not many people used them", so they decided to stop handing them out but you'll still receive the two key cards. Good luck to all other future X owners, it's honestly been a miserable ride but I'm happy it has come to an end!

Hello. I just received delivery of my black model x from my socal dealer. I apologize for the lack of photos, I didn't have time as I have been called away for my work. Anyways, upon delivery, the car was in impeccable shape. No misalignments, nothing broken, it was flawless other than being dirty inside. NO KEY FOBS given anymore, apparently "not many people used them", so they decided to stop handing them out but you'll still receive the two key cards. Good luck to all other future X owners, it's honestly been a miserable ride but I'm happy it has come to an end!
Congratulations 🍾🎉

Reactions: S2KRR
I was scheduled to take delivery of my 2022 long-range Pearl White 7-Seat, FSD, black interior on Monday, August 29. This is my 3rd MX having previously leased a 2016 and 2019 Raven. I went to the dealer last Thursday to just walk around the car to see if there was anything glaring to be addressed before taking delivery but was told it was in a service bay for pre-delivery prep. So, I want back on Saturday and was told it was being washed. I asked whether it would be ready to go after it was washed, and if so, could I take delivery then since I was there and all the pre-delivery tasks were completed. To my surprise they said yes ,and a few minutes later the car was brought around for me to inspect.

It looked great and the only delay was the 15 minutes it took to reprint the docs to change the date from Monday to Saturday and after getting the Phone Key set up I was on my way. The personnel were all very helpful and cooperative and the delivery was totally smooth in every way, especially considering it was unscheduled and they were also handling other deliveries at the same time.

I mentioned this is my third MX. The reason I leased the first two was Teslas are basically computers on wheels and in 2016 the X was a relatively new model. I knew after 3 years there would be significant improvements. Also, from a financial point of view it was easier and less expensive. I planned to buy this one when I ordered it over a year ago however, partially because the high values of used cars allowed me to buy out the lease which expired in June 2022, and between the nice profit I made selling the 2019 and the 2021 price of the new car, it made financial sense.

Firs of all, the car is immaculate. Absolutely no alignment, cosmetic or other issues whatsoever. The black interior is perfect and beautiful. If anyone's interested I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

I really loved my first one and the 2019 was even better. But there's no comparison to the 2022.

I got the yoke steering wheel and based on everything I've read I was a little apprehensive. But the minute I drove the car out of the dealership I was completely blown away. Although the car is an exponential improvement on the Raven in virtually every respect, the yoke steering wheel had the most immediate impact. I was amazed at the strikingly open and expansive view without the top part of the steering wheel--it's hard to describe but it just feels like there is nothing between you and the road.

Aside from the visual aspect, the yoke already feels totally natural to me. Relearning reflexes from years of doing things one way will take time, but I've been really surprised at how much more effortless it feels when the physical levers are removed from the driving environment. For example, who would have thought activating turn signals with your thumb, instead of moving your hand to flick a stalk, would make any difference at all? But it quickly becomes second nature and combined with the open view of the road it's almost like the wheel is a direct connection between your brain and your car. A little overstated? Maybe, but you get the idea.

It's not perfect, however. Like almost everyone else I wish there were a conventional horn in the middle of the wheel but it's not the end of the world. I have inadvertently touched the horn button a couple of times but that's the only problem so far. I've very rarely hit a horn in panic mode in any car, but only time will tell if blowing the horn when I need to is a real issue.

As for driving dynamics, the 2019 Raven was a big improvement but this is night and day. The only thing I wasn't thrilled about with my prior cars was the road noise, especially on concrete roads, and the ride was not as good as other cars I've owned. But the 2022 is significantly quieter and smoother. What's more, it also feels much more powerful. My 2022 is the long range model but I noticed a new "insane" acceleration option in the menu so I gave it a little test on the highway. I was going around 60 mph and only pressing the gas pedal about 1/3 of the way down made the car jump forward, pushing me into the seat....

The layers of adjustability for almost every function and control is impressive--just for fun, since there are no physical air vents to move around--try adjusting the air flow by moving the air around on the screen! The return of ventilated front seats is especially welcome and despite what anyone says, the ability to swivel the screen is a useful feature. My wife got a Model Y in December so I'm accustomed to the new interior design and screen layout but the implementation on the MX seems even better. For those skeptics resistant to the change, I predict it won't take long for most of you to really like it. Finally, I know others have had mixed experience with the fit and finish but I'm pretty picky and everything is really top notch on this one.

If you can't tell, I really liked my previous 2 MXs, but I absolutely love this car.

Last edited:
A few more quick notes from my Friday delivery and driving the car over the weekend in case it helps anyone else:

1) Trickle charger (Lvl1) is still included, along with the converter for non-Tesla charging stations
2) Car is fantastic - have driven Teslas before but never owned...this is our 2nd EV. After enabling enhanced Autopilot features, never realized just how many orange cones exist in the world. I became used to the yoke steering very quickly - my wife has accidently hit the horn at least 10 times :), mainly because her tendency is to rest her hands on top of the yoke or grab the top when turning - can't really do that or you'll hit buttons.
3) I removed FSD from my original order and, for now, I'm glad I did - may be a different story in 6 months :)
4) No major issues aside from FWD passenger side misalignment...thanks @sorka 's eagle eye to identify the issue that I had missed, I was able to get a repair scheduled within 24hrs. Taking it in this Friday to get fixed.
5) Communication was abysmal from Ordering to Delivery. I was assigned a TA/SA and received an autogenerated email shortly after ordering. I emailed this guy 3-4 times over the past year with simple, easy to answer questions and never once received a response. I even looked him up on LinkedIn at one point to see if he still worked for Tesla. Once I was VIN'd, I emailed the local ordersupport@tesla email address. In my case it was: [email protected] . I received a response right away saying that my TA would reach out. I received a call later that day from, guess who, my original TA! Happy to answer any questions I had. What a joke - apparently you aren't a real customer until you've been assigned a VIN. I tried to change my delivery time once and had no one to get a hold of because my TA again went radio silent.

Reactions: Jacomath and sorka
Why are you glad? Cost?
More of a bet that $10-15k will cost more than whatever monthly cost I start paying once FSD is widely available and accepted by governments, insurance, and other drivers on the road (since I have no interest in joining the Beta program). I've been following FSD Beta 10.69 and, although it looks like it's getting closer, still feels like a long way to go before public release (which won't be a tech issue, will be more political). FWIW I'm rooting for FSD - I hope I'm wrong and regret not just paying the $10k up front. In order for that to happen, though - I'd have to pay more than 10K in monthly for FSD between when it's generally available and when we sell this car.