Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the car yesterday, walked around for 20-30 mins looking over the car and no apparent issues that I can see! Everything seems aligned well, tightly put together, falcon wing doors really well aligned and function perfectly, panel gaps seem great! I was very pleasantly surprised. And car drives wonderfully overall!

Driving home from the Tesla center, I felt a bit strange with the Yoke, but mostly with straight line driving, it was fine really. My wife decided yesterday evening, however, we pick up a large furniture item from a semi-local store, which turned out to be a winding drive around some of the LA hills. This really made the lack of a round steering wheel apparent. I was really excited for something new in the Yoke, but I think it’ll take a bit of time to get used to having driven last night. We did get to see the flexibility of the 7 seater, as we had to fold down the second and third rows entirely to get the furniture item to fit! Day 1, and the 7 seat config flexibility came to use!

I was surprised at how useful the screen tilt is to be honest, just was much easier to glance at the screen while driving by myself from the dealership.
I’m still trying to see what my preferences are for the suspension tuning. The roads to the furniture store were less than ideal and really tested the suspension of the X, for that drive we used comfort mode. I prefer driving in sport suspension mode overall from my experience, X seems more planted down w/ some sporty intentions. Really a lot of fun in the sport suspension mode. Acceleration is fantastic of course no complaints there!

I will share more thoughts as I drive the thing more this weekend, but so far just an awesome looking, awesome driving car, really was worth the wait!

Here are some initial pics, will try and take more in the coming days.
Woohoo! That makes me really excited! I like seeing how people say it is much better than the raven as well.
Hopefully the yoke doesn't get too annoying...it still makes me hesitant on the car

Reactions: Kitt9000
CONGRATS!!! Your doors are definitely very aligned and I can barely see the worm on your "yoke". AWESOME! Enjoy your weekend with your new ride!
Thank you thank you! Going to spend much more time this weekend, still I realize "oh, its not a round steering wheel" when I get into the case so prob just getting used to, but I think it'll be fine!

Oh yes, no real discernible Yoke worm that I can see, and the door/handle alignments are pretty darn good, and nothing to suggest I need to put in a service request. Of course no Matrix headlights or pockets on the rear of the front seats - not sure when they plan to implement this. But not a huge deal at all! Will be taking to San Diego next weekend for a trip, can't wait!

Reactions: lexus26
Woohoo! That makes me really excited! I like seeing how people say it is much better than the raven as well.
Hopefully the yoke doesn't get too annoying...it still makes me hesitant on the car
Hey, yea I think the winding drive that I did through the LA hills as my second drive just got a little "annoying" w/ the yoke, for lack a better word, given it was only the second time I was using the car, and was still getting used to not having stalks either. Hopeful we will all get used it, and even enjoy it, lets see!

The yoke is easy peasy. Honestly, after having driven a yoke for a while, going back to a round steering wheel is far more annoying than using the yoke for the first time.

That's reassuring to hear! I'm hoping that holds true for me by next week as well, I really do want to love the Yoke.
The thing I like the least about the yoke, is having to swipe the main screen for directional control. Setting to auto select, gets it right maybe 60%-70% of the time, but it is a long reach to the screen for the swipe if you need to. I almost wish I could always use the buttons on the top of the center console. They would be easier to hit. But they are only available when the screen is down.

After some hoop jumps I was able to get a VIN assignment today, submitted payment and Im on hold with Tesla Insurance now to assign the car and possibly pickup TODAY. I ordered Nov 2021.
MX LR white/black FSD 20" 7str

Edit, pickup today at 7!!

Attachments

• IMG_7325.PNG
    IMG_7325.PNG
    304.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
I'm curious whether they will include the mobile charger. I've seen mixed results from the forum.
No Mobile Connector.
I was told we would get an email to give us $200 in store credit.

Car is pretty perfect. No panel gaps to be concerned about.

Worked out perfect. It's the wife's birthday in a few days.

She has yet to drive it since we got home late, and she's scared of the yoke. lol
I have a Plaid MS and LOVE the yoke. Hopefully she will too.

Attachments

• IMG_7329.jpeg
    IMG_7329.jpeg
    497.6 KB · Views: 95
Repost:

451 days later I finally got assigned my VIN. Just updated tracking doc. My SA has been amazing and switched me from cash to financing right away. 2.75% rate lock on 60 month with First Entertainment Credit Union. (See my earlier post with loan terms)

The text I got a week ago saying to expect delivery before end of month was accurate. EoQ push is real!

My EDD has still not updated with a window of
Oct 4 - Nov 15th. After completing all tasks I still don’t have an assigned delivery date. Will call my SA tomorrow and hope for some answers on a Sunday.

June 2021 initial order. White/black, 7 seater, 22 wheels. Los Angeles (Marina del Rey pickup), no FSD.

VIN 7SAXCAE55NF364XXX

Stay tuned…..

What were your hoops? I ordered nov 2021 and estimated delivery is December through February
Yeah I was scheduled for Feb 28- May 2. I happened upon another forum member that had my exact config (without fsd) decided he didn't want to car. I suggested that he ask is Sales Advisor to move his VIN from his RN to my RN. His order date was May '21. Initially 2 SA's said no way. I happened to have a connection with someone that has known me since my 1st delivery in 2014, they was able to escalate the "idea" and was able to make it happen. 12 hours after I sent the message to the forum member I took delivery.

Yeah I was scheduled for Feb 28- May 2. I happened upon another forum member that had my exact config (without fsd) decided he didn't want to car. I suggested that he ask is Sales Advisor to move his VIN from his RN to my RN. His order date was May '21. Initially 2 SA's said no way. I happened to have a connection with someone that has known me since my 1st delivery in 2014, they was able to escalate the "idea" and was able to make it happen. 12 hours after I sent the message to the forum member I took delivery.
Ah yeah I had a similar situation. Unfortunately the config wasn’t exactly my spec. I feel like as long as they don’t give you the May ‘21 price it shouldn’t be a problem