Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my service center call in September and ask me if I had a trade in as I was close to getting a VIN. When I told them no, the date was moved from September to October/Nov. Today was pushed back to November 27 - January 08. Almost wish I'd just traded in an old beater we had...
Really need the car before 2023 as our EV registration goes WAY up then.

Blue with white interior and FSD
Not sure that that was the cause for the push back, but I did too get a text asking about a trade in last week and I said no to the trade in. And then today it goes from Oct/Nov to now Dec/Feb...

🤔🤔🤔

Reactions: richmich15
Not sure that that was the cause for the push back, but I did too get a text asking about a trade in last week and I said no to the trade in. And then today it goes from Oct/Nov to now Dec/Feb...

🤔🤔🤔
Same for me.

Got trade in text on Friday, submitted the documents, rejected the quote on Sunday. And then today EDD is from 10/15-11/16 to 12/1 to 1/26/2023

2023 VIN on 10/6. Received a text from Tesla SC today that my X was on the way and to schedule an appointment for pick up. Oct 24 is the day!

East Coast Jan 2022 Order MXLR MSM/Black 7 seat 20" FSD
Almost there. I got Vin same day as you did but I did not get any text message. I had to check my app to find out Vin. Hoping our cars on same truck. Waiting to schedule appointment

Reactions: thomslik
Much better quality overall on this build compared to my 2018. 😎 worth the wait.

Attachments

• F004C6CD-2A8A-4240-8E39-66786EF7DDFD.jpeg
    F004C6CD-2A8A-4240-8E39-66786EF7DDFD.jpeg
    437 KB · Views: 133
We have a few 2023 VINs about to be delivered... Can the lucky owners check and report on whether the matrix headlights have made an appearance? I think they look as the attached photo, but feel free to correct me if not as I haven't seen them in person!

Attachments

• matrix.jpg
    matrix.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 102
  • not-matrix.jpg
    not-matrix.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 103
I saw a lot of window push backs in this week. I think they are prioritizing some other orders, maybe European.
You are likely correct. We are in Month 1 of Q4.

When we got our first Tesla in 2018, they had a new owner meeting at the original Fremont delivery center. The guy giving the talk was a manager in production and delivery. He said in the first month while they delivery everywhere, they did prioritized deliveries that had to go overseas because of the shipping time. Then as the quarter continued, they make more deliveries closer and closer to Fremont. The idea was to ensure that the most vehicles were delivered in the quarter.

FWIW, my Q1 2022 delivery was scheduled for Mar 30, 2022, at the factory.

Just chiming in here- my ‘22 7 seat MX was delivered in late June. Just last week, after about 6 SC appts addressing several minor build quality issues, for the first time I don’t have a service appt scheduled. Issues included interior rattles, misaligned panels, marks in interior, missing seat back rivet and some more not worth mentioning.

I know this all sounds bad, but despite all the issues that needed addressing, the car is amazing and was well worth the wait (18 months for me). Everything was eventually fixed either at the service center or in my driveway. The car is awesome in just about every way. I had some older MX and S loaners during this process, and the interior design updates are leaps and bounds above the pre-refresh interiors, not to mention performance, handling, range, and efficiency.

On top of all that, the trade in value on my ‘18 M3 was more than I paid for it new (after tax credit and before sales tax)- that was a pleasant surprise for sure.

Last edited:
Just chiming in here- my ‘22 7 seat MX was delivered in late June. Just last week, after about 6 SC appts addressing several minor build quality issues, for the first time I don’t have a service appt scheduled. Issues included interior rattles, misaligned panels, marks in interior, missing seat back rivet and some more not worth mentioning.

I know this all sounds bad, but despite all the issues that needed addressing, the car is amazing and was well worth the wait (18 months for me). Everything was eventually fixed either at the service center or in my driveway. The car is awesome in just about every way. I had some older MX and S loaners during this process, and the interior design updates are leaps and bounds above the pre-refresh interiors, not to mention performance, handling, range, and efficiency.

On top of all that, the trade in value on my ‘18 M3 was more than I paid for it new (after tax credit and before sales tax)- that was a pleasant surprise for sure.
Mine was delivered in September and I can see panel issues, will the service center address it. I am from the Bay Area as well, which service center did you go to?

What rattles were they? In my model 3 they addressed the rattle the first time but it didn't fix it and now that it's been a couple months, they won't address it anymore for free.

Mine was delivered in September and I can see panel issues, will the service center address it. I am from the Bay Area as well, which service center did you go to?
I’ve been going to Berkeley SC. The panel issues technically have to be documented within ~48 hours of delivery for them to fix it (without customer paying) from what I understand.

• Informative
Reactions: Jacomath