Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Long Range Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 6-seat MXLR March of 21. I had an EDD of July, then 3 weeks ago it was bumped up to April 4-25. I can’t tell you how excited I was. That lasted 2 weeks ago. It was moved back to July last weekend and has stayed there since. Anybody else have this happen? And did you miraculously get a VIN and delivery notice?

Reactions: SWIPE
I ordered 6-seat MXLR March of 21. I had an EDD of July, then 3 weeks ago it was bumped up to April 4-25. I can’t tell you how excited I was. That lasted 2 weeks ago. It was moved back to July last weekend and has stayed there since. Anybody else have this happen? And did you miraculously get a VIN and delivery notice?
they probably found an issue with the car.

What a emotional roller coaster

Reactions: nilesborg
Just jumping in on the timeline discussion: Ordered MX LR 6-Seat Black with Ebony Decor & 22" wheels September 2021, expected delivery currently says July 2022 (and has for some time). Hoping that holds up.

I was among those pushed to January - April 2023 last week, now it says Estimated Delivery: September 06 - November 15. Still later than original estimate, but better than 2023...

Hi all!
I ordered a model X plaid last year and was contacted last week to schedule delivery date. It’s scheduled for next week.
Do you know if I can sell the car before getting it or I should buy and then sell?
Recommendations from the experts?
:)
Thanks!

Hey! Just received my VIN # yesterday 6/8 and my delivery date just got updated to 6/8-6/12.

Read that usually, it will take 2-3 weeks to assemble the car once I receive my VIN # but since delivery date is saying that I could be getting the car this weekend, am I receiving a car that was rejected? How realistic is it that I will be receiving the vehicle this weekend (no call yet on scheduling the delivery). Anyone have any insights?

Appreciate it!

Hey! Just received my VIN # yesterday 6/8 and my delivery date just got updated to 6/8-6/12.

Read that usually, it will take 2-3 weeks to assemble the car once I receive my VIN # but since delivery date is saying that I could be getting the car this weekend, am I receiving a car that was rejected? How realistic is it that I will be receiving the vehicle this weekend (no call yet on scheduling the delivery). Anyone have any insights?

Appreciate it!
It would be pushed back day by day. I got vin 6/2 with 6/2-6/6 window, every day the window was pushed back by one day until yesterday it was 6/8-6/12.

Today it was changed to 6/15-6/21.

It would be pushed back day by day. I got vin 6/2 with 6/2-6/6 window, every day the window was pushed back by one day until yesterday it was 6/8-6/12.

Today it was changed to 6/15-6/21.
So... my delivery is now scheduled for this coming Sunday, 6/12!!?!

Not complaining but thought Tesla builds the car once the VIN is assigned? Just want to make sure I'm not getting some car with defects (like that one dude who got different tires) or a car that was turned down by a buyer. Apologies on the paranoia, it's just been a long + difficult wait.

Reactions: Prairie
So... my delivery is now scheduled for this coming Sunday, 6/12!!?!

Not complaining but thought Tesla builds the car once the VIN is assigned? Just want to make sure I'm not getting some car with defects (like that one dude who got different tires) or a car that was turned down by a buyer. Apologies on the paranoia, it's just been a long + difficult wait.
FWIW, I got mine delivered ~24 hours after getting a VIN, but it was not a reject (SA confirmed, very new VIN, 8 miles on the odometer). Build quality / panel gaps / door alignment are all great. One big variable is that I'm in North San Diego county, so (less than) a single day's trip by truck from Fremont. I think for the moment at least, they seem to be assigning VIN's pretty late in the process -- at least in my case.

FWIW, I got mine delivered ~24 hours after getting a VIN, but it was not a reject (SA confirmed, very new VIN, 8 miles on the odometer). Build quality / panel gaps / door alignment are all great. One big variable is that I'm in North San Diego county, so (less than) a single day's trip by truck from Fremont. I think for the moment at least, they seem to be assigning VIN's pretty late in the process -- at least in my case.
Thanks for the intel + congrats on your new X!!!

Reactions: mikebev
Congrats! Is yours a LR 5 seater? What’s the VIN range? I’m hopeful for a VIN soon and would prefer a recent build too. SD here as well. 6/17-7/8

Appreciate it!
i got my VIN then vehicle was delivered the following week. Getting your VIN doesn't necessarily mean its being built from scratch, sometimes a car with the same specs gets cancelled for whatever reason for another buyer and then gets transferred to you.

Reactions: nilesborg