Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery Update! (Keeping history to show how insane this has been and I’m sure mine isn’t even bad compared to others)
Order Date: 4/20/22
Current EDD: July 5 - July 26
EDD History:
  1. August - October 2022
  2. July 26 - September 20
  3. August - October 2022
  4. July 27 - September 21
  5. August 1 - September 12
  6. July 5 - July 26
Build:
  • Model: X
  • Trim: Plaid
  • Exterior Color: White
  • Interrior Color: Black
  • Rims: 22”

Delivery Update! (Keeping history to show how insane this has been and I’m sure mine isn’t even bad compared to others)
EDD History:
  1. August - October 2022
  3. August - October 2022
  6. July 5 - July 26
Build:
I ordered two weeks after you and have 8/12-9/22 date. Hopefully both of ours will come through on the early end of that range.

EDD History:
  1. August - October 2022
  3. August - October 2022
  6. July 5 - July 26
Build:
my order date is 2/5/2022, deliver day 7/16/22-8/20/22

Ordered Plaid May 24, 2022 with EDD October 2022 with 3.25% financing good for 60 days. Was just VIN'd and asked to schedule delivery this morning (at the same time) for June 22-28. VIN 345xxx. Asked to be put on hold for 30 days to see if I can get the matrix headlights without losing the financing terms.

• Funny
Reactions: tbart75
Ordered Oct 2021, EDD stayed as July 2022 until May this year, then it changed to June 15 - July 25. It changed to June 23 - July 14 around 10 days ago. No VIN yet, hopefully get a VIN by end of this week. BTW, my trade in was expired, tesla asked me to update the odometer, and cut $2200 off in the updated offer for 521 miles added☹️.

Ordered Plaid May 24, 2022 with EDD October 2022 with 3.25% financing good for 60 days. Was just VIN'd and asked to schedule delivery this morning (at the same time) for June 22-28. VIN 345xxx. Asked to be put on hold for 30 days to see if I can get the matrix headlights without losing the financing terms.
I’m curious how different they are and if they can be retrofit. I have them on my ‘22MYP and the nighttime visibility is excellent, I never use my fogs (as I noticed many other Tesla owners leave their fogs on all the time). I’ve never seen a MY with standard lights to compare them with unfortunately. I’m not sure I’d delay delivery for them just yet - I’ll keep it in mind.

I’m curious how different they are and if they can be retrofit. I have them on my ‘22MYP and the nighttime visibility is excellent, I never use my fogs (as I noticed many other Tesla owners leave their fogs on all the time). I’ve never seen a MY with standard lights to compare them with unfortunately. I’m not sure I’d delay delivery for them just yet - I’ll keep it in mind.

The big difference is highway driving at night with oncoming traffic. After the coming software update, the car will no longer have high/low beams. Instead, it will turn off the LEDs that would blind the other driver, only, leaving the rest of the road illuminated. Great for FSD at night.

Reactions: micaluzzo83
Hi,

I'm in a good or bad situation depending on how you look at it.

I ordered a Plaid last week. Got delivery info yesterday and now I'm picking up on Thursday.
I was originally given Aug-Oct delivery.

My vin is 338xxx.

Should I be concerned on the quick delivery and early VIN compared to others that ordered way before me?

Thanks

Reactions: BonB
Hi,

I'm in a good or bad situation depending on how you look at it.

I ordered a Plaid last week. Got delivery info yesterday and now I'm picking up on Thursday.
I was originally given Aug-Oct delivery.

My vin is 338xxx.

Should I be concerned on the quick delivery and early VIN compared to others that ordered way before me?

Thanks

Just be sure that this VIN is not pre-screen tilt production change.

Test drove a plaid today. Holy crap. So. Much. Fun. The acceleration seems fake and makes you swear. It really isn’t your fault.

I did feel like I was poor as I slithered back into my MYP 🥵
600C8CA8-56B3-4713-8E06-C46D4F5AACB3.jpeg

Attachments

• 3A86A49D-4D27-4C30-8F03-ABD77C3EF1DD.jpeg
    3A86A49D-4D27-4C30-8F03-ABD77C3EF1DD.jpeg
    555.2 KB · Views: 56
Anything I else I should look out for?
On my list is the tilting screen and the tail lights/charging port. Is the rear trim different as well?

I'm just shocked it took 1 week for me to get it.
The Vin scares me a bit. People are reporting 345xxx and this is 338xxx and I ordered last Wednesday.

Thanks
Lack of Tilt screen should not be a reason to reject the car. It honestly isn't even a big deal. I have it on my MXP and really could care less that it tilts. To each their own i suppose.....

Lack of Tilt screen should not be a reason to reject the car. It honestly isn't even a big deal. I have it on my MXP and really could care less that it tilts. To each their own i suppose.....
I know what you're saying but at the amount of money I'm paying for it, I would hope to get the latest.
If once I pick it up and something new comes out ces't la vie.

But thats me.

3-5 years from now, when we’re all trading/selling these plaids for the next revision - if you had two equal cars, same condition and spec, same miles, but one had tilt and one didn’t - which one would a buyer opt for and maybe pay a bit more? That’s when tilt may matter.