Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Red Plaid 22” white interior in Colma, California (northwest of San Jose).

Attachments

• B183ACE4-D0E9-4186-AABD-E3ACB9601993.jpeg
    B183ACE4-D0E9-4186-AABD-E3ACB9601993.jpeg
    615.4 KB · Views: 153
I was supposed to take delivery of my MXP last week but it was delayed due to a containment issue. Today, they unmatched my VIN because it had a "faulty drive unit". Their voicemail suggested that this is a known problem with many MXP's manufactured in the late summer.

Has this happened to any of you and if so, how long did you wait before getting assigned another VIN?

Geez, help me out here.
Never owned a Tesla.
Placed an order in march 2022
arrived end of august
1st delivery date was sept 5
due to minor (common issues) the date keeps changing ... tomorrow is 7th delivery date
final issue is passenger wing door wont close ...gets error about 2 inches from closing .. but closes upon second click
they don't seem to be able to fix it

On the verge of a MX Plaid order. Is there anything anticipated to justify delaying the order for a time? (Brembo Sensify brakes would do it if not more than a year away), as would advanced steering like we expect to see on the CT.

Anything I can do to talk my wife out of the 22” wheels she insists are essential to the vehicle looking right?

On the verge of a MX Plaid order. Is there anything anticipated to justify delaying the order for a time? (Brembo Sensify brakes would do it if not more than a year away), as would advanced steering like we expect to see on the CT.

Anything I can do to talk my wife out of the 22” wheels she insists are essential to the vehicle looking right?
Just ask her for $2,000 per year for tires. :eek:

Geez, help me out here.
Never owned a Tesla.
Placed an order in march 2022
arrived end of august
1st delivery date was sept 5
due to minor (common issues) the date keeps changing ... tomorrow is 7th delivery date
final issue is passenger wing door wont close ...gets error about 2 inches from closing .. but closes upon second click
they don't seem to be able to fix it
Are you still having this problem with the FWD?
I had something very similar where the door would close almost all the way, then pop back up a couple of inches with the message "Obstacle Detected". After 3 service appointments and me having to get a little aggressive, they diagnosed the issue to be the alignment of the triangle window on the quarter panel. Replaced that and I haven't had the problem again since.

Reactions: bhzmark
Are you still having this problem with the FWD?
I had something very similar where the door would close almost all the way, then pop back up a couple of inches with the message "Obstacle Detected". After 3 service appointments and me having to get a little aggressive, they diagnosed the issue to be the alignment of the triangle window on the quarter panel. Replaced that and I haven't had the problem again since.
Same exact issue for me. Waited a long time for them to find a spare triangle window.

Just get it and upgrade the breaks at your nearest shop. Swap the tires after first pothole. For a backwards turning radius get a Mercedes when it comes out.