Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered September 2021. Delivery is today (Mar 27 2022) in CA, Dublin. White/white, 22" wheels, 6 seat config. Upgrading from 2020 MX LR.

In January 2022, it showed delivery April 2022. March 1, it bumped up to July 2022. Out of nowhere I get a call on March 25 saying ready for delivery on March 27.

My EDD had moved from August to Mar 23 to Apr 12 two weeks ago. Today it's back to August. That's okay with me. Gives me more time to buyout my current lease and wait for the headlight refresh.
This is the ideal scenario. Mine started as April delivery, then went to July (which I was happy about), and then suddenly on March 25 I get a message that car is ready for delivery on March 27. I assume I got a car that several other have rejected. I ended up rejecting delivery as it had several issues. We'll see how this impacts my order.

This is the ideal scenario. Mine started as April delivery, then went to July (which I was happy about), and then suddenly on March 25 I get a message that car is ready for delivery on March 27. I assume I got a car that several other have rejected. I ended up rejecting delivery as it had several issues. We'll see how this impacts my order.
Well, well, well.... They just gave me a VIN with EDD of 3/28 to 4/1. Having mixed feelings about this....

Well, well, well.... They just gave me a VIN with EDD of 3/28 to 4/1. Having mixed feelings about this....
Went to check out the car ahead of my 3/31 pickup. Spent about 10 minutes checking out the car and the panel alignments look decent. It has a mfg date of 3/2022 and the plaid logo (not text).

On the way back I got a flat on my current X. First time calling Tesla tire service and they are on the way with a loaner wheel! Great service!

Reactions: Jbell
Went to check out the car ahead of my 3/31 pickup. Spent about 10 minutes checking out the car and the panel alignments look decent. It has a mfg date of 3/2022 and the plaid logo (not text).

On the way back I got a flat on my current X. First time calling Tesla tire service and they are on the way with a loaner wheel! Great service!
If you spend more time, you will find something you don’t want to see 😀

Do you think it makes a difference in regards to EDD if you fill out all the details in the order form? I ordered and paid my deposit in early December and only recently added all the additional information (driver's license, payment method, etc.). My EDD prior was Sept and not it' still showing Sept.

Do you think it makes a difference in regards to EDD if you fill out all the details in the order form? I ordered and paid my deposit in early December and only recently added all the additional information (driver's license, payment method, etc.). My EDD prior was Sept and not it' still showing Sept.
It may matter more for end-of-quarter push when they are looking for the lower-hanging fruits to increase sales. My EDD was moved up to end-of March/beginning of April from August despite not having my trade-in section completed. Being in the SF Bay Area where the factory is helps, too.

Placed my order on November 11th, 2021.
Only 4 months of waiting, that's not bad
I bet it helps increase your chance to get VIN assigned sooner

Just took delivery of my MXP today, but there was no “PLAID” emblem nor the plaid logo. Has anyone seen MXPs without either badge? SA said that it was normal…which of course is not the case because I’ve seen all MXPs on here with one of the badges at least.

Just took delivery of my MXP today, but there was no “PLAID” emblem nor the plaid logo. Has anyone seen MXPs without either badge? SA said that it was normal…which of course is not the case because I’ve seen all MXPs on here with one of the badges at least.
I assume you checked and made sure it actually WAS a plaid. But boy, it there was a way to get a plaid without the fugly badge, I might have considered ordering one. I cannot stand the badging.