Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just placed my MXP last night. I just picked up the Model Y Performance last month and love it but I am going to sell it when this MXP comes in. More space, air suspension, and speed would be great. I do wish they would bring back the red calibers like the MYP I have now. Plaid should have these. Also, I am hoping that maybe by the end of this year when I expect to take delivery the new batteries make it in the MXP. I'm fine waiting 8-10 months for my new MXP. The MYP is amazing already.

I have a September 2021 order that was originally LR but I changed to plaid mid Feb. had a date range of March 8-31 last week but then switched to July. They’ve seemed to stop producing plaids at the moment, not sure when it’ll resume. Curious if any other plaids have a date range or VIN

I have a September 2021 order that was originally LR but I changed to plaid mid Feb. had a date range of March 8-31 last week but then switched to July. They’ve seemed to stop producing plaids at the moment, not sure when it’ll resume. Curious if any other plaids have a date range or VIN
OK so I am totally eating crow for what I just posted a few hours ago. Literally 4 hours later, I got a text that I had a VIN assigned! You couldn't make this stuff up! It's almost like a Tesla employee saw my post and VIN'd me!

Ordered model X LR 6 seat black /black 22’ on 9/3/22, pushed to July, but I switched to plaid 2/23/22

Had March 8-31 but last week changed back to July.

Still said July up until 12:30 CST today out of nowhere I get a text saying I have a VIN, now says March 13-19! Obviously, the July and Oct EDD's are just placeholders and are totally worthless.

Im in Houston TX

That is awesome. Very happy for you! It’s good to see movement on the plaid front. I started this thread bc the other waiting room thread is mostly LR and a lot of complaining haha. Just wanted updates from other plaid orders
Thank you! If its helpful it all, I called and they told me my car was built the first week of March. So they're still churning out plaids in the factory. When was yours ordered? Many people who ordered in Early 2022 got VIN's and deliveries, and based on the excel spreadsheet plaids are only 20% of model X orders so they backlog is not long and I can imagine you'll be getting yours way before July.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I just placed my MXP last night. I just picked up the Model Y Performance last month and love it but I am going to sell it when this MXP comes in. More space, air suspension, and speed would be great. I do wish they would bring back the red calibers like the MYP I have now. Plaid should have these. Also, I am hoping that maybe by the end of this year when I expect to take delivery the new batteries make it in the MXP. I'm fine waiting 8-10 months for my new MXP. The MYP is amazing already.

I did the same and got a MYP. Also agree on painting calipers. I’m getting mine painted after taking delivery.

You should be prepared to take delivery way before end of year.

It really depends on your location. I am picking up tomorrow in Atlanta. Went by SC today just to check it out and there were 5 MXPs lined up for delivery.

Mine arrived much earlier so I am busy getting quotes on my current MYP.

Ordered MX Plaid 12/21 with an EDD of October 2022; received a text 2/28 about trading in my vehicle. Checked the Tesla app and my EDD had changed to March 9 - March 31. The next day it changed back to October 2022.

Today checked my app and the EDD is March 26 - March 31. Still showing RN# not a VIN#

Going to assume the EDD changes back to October 2022 tomorrow.

Will update any changes. Good luck everyone!