Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a Feb 2022 build that is unable to be delivered due to airbag needing to be replaced? Been stuck waiting for the necessary parts and they said they can’t release the car until the airbag is replaced. VIN 3328xx - Plaid 6 seat/white/white/22/no fsd. Thanks!

Date range just shifted back to EDD Oct again
same for me.. :(
Screenshot_20220527-105554_Tesla.jpg

Does anyone have a Feb 2022 build that is unable to be delivered due to airbag needing to be replaced? Been stuck waiting for the necessary parts and they said they can’t release the car until the airbag is replaced. VIN 3328xx - Plaid 6 seat/white/white/22/no fsd. Thanks!
My Feb build (VIN 3337XX) has a recall for an airbag and this is what my service order said:

Concern: Customer states: Something Else - Air bag recall
As we work to move parts into your region to address the recent recall, we will need to close out this line for now. We will proactively reach out to get you back on the schedule in the near future. We really appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Mine might have been delivered before they had the recall and they might not be able to deliver your vehicle without the airbag replacement. As I understand it, the problem only occurs if inflation is initiated with the pax window down. You might try getting a conditional release until the parts are available, worth a try they might deliver if you assume the liability (keep the window up on the pax side.)