Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, posted on the other forum but forgot to update here…

Took delivery on Friday. She’s a beauty. Had 7 miles at delivery, and no major issues. SO much better than my MYP!
8ADECE78-A56A-4389-951C-E007887F3459.jpeg

Does anyone know if having AFS means your lights are the new matrixed LED lights? I was checking out the current Model X and Model S owner’s manuals and it refers to them as “if equipped”… 🧐 which would be a good sign for future deliveries - assuming this is not a standard feature for regular headlights. I could completely wrong but figured I’d ask the pros!

Still waiting for my MXPlaid EDD: July 27-Sep 21 and like most I’m hoping we get the new headlights.

——

Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)​

Attachments

• D554B7E4-2B49-4016-BDE1-6F7E923B60F4.png
    D554B7E4-2B49-4016-BDE1-6F7E923B60F4.png
    587.2 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: BonB
My March ‘22 XP order went from October to June 11-28 this morning. I’m getting whiplash from these date shifts.
You can thank the unpredictability in the supply chain. All the people I know working in computer and electronics manufacturing complain about not knowing when they will get parts. In some cases, mundane things like the correct cooling fans not being available from the sole manufacturer are holding up their completion of $10-100K systems. Then next week it will be a different component. I am glad I don't do manufacturing logistic for a living.

Does anyone know if having AFS means your lights are the new matrixed LED lights? I was checking out the current Model X and Model S owner’s manuals and it refers to them as “if equipped”… 🧐 which would be a good sign for future deliveries - assuming this is not a standard feature for regular headlights. I could completely wrong but figured I’d ask the pros!

Still waiting for my MXPlaid EDD: July 27-Sep 21 and like most I’m hoping we get the new headlights.

——

Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)​

The descriptions sounds like Matrix lights with sectional dimming control.

Reactions: micaluzzo83