Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery Update!
Order Date: 4/20/22
Current EDD: August 1 - September 12
EDD History:
  1. August - October 2022
  2. July 26 - September 20
  3. August - October 2022
  4. July 27 - September 21
  5. August 1 - September 12
Build:
  • Model: X
  • Trim: Plaid
  • Exterior Color: White
  • Interrior Color: Black
  • Rims: 22”
I ordered my Plaid 2 months before you and I'm getting almost exactly the same days than you are getting...

Reactions: micaluzzo83
Do you have FSD? Add that and I bet you move up. I ordered may 30 and have edd of 6/17-7/8.
Hah - I do not, and I’ve been on the fence about it in all honesty. I rented it for one month in my MYP.

Pros: I get the little bell sound that tells me a red light has switched to green light, which is hands down my favorite feature. I get to see what my car is capable of doing. And I get to support papa Elon on his quest to automate everything.

… but, the…

Cons: I couldn’t keep my driver score above 93 because when I commute home from the city, the warnings and alerts go off every time I move up an inch in bumper to bumper traffic.

Essentially meaning I’ll never be able to use the FSD tech until they loosen up the rules or improve city driving alerts.

Sad but that’s the reason 🤌🏽

Hah - I do not, and I’ve been on the fence about it in all honesty. I rented it for one month in my MYP.

Pros: I get the little bell sound that tells me a red light has switched to green light, which is hands down my favorite feature. I get to see what my car is capable of doing. And I get to support papa Elon on his quest to automate everything.

… but, the…

Cons: I couldn’t keep my driver score above 93 because when I commute home from the city, the warnings and alerts go off every time I move up an inch in bumper to bumper traffic.

Essentially meaning I’ll never be able to use the FSD tech until they loosen up the rules or improve city driving alerts.

Sad but that’s the reason 🤌🏽
I did not place an order until May and feel bad for those waiting 400+ days. That’s crazy.

I ordered a LR and had the Feb-Apr 23 date. Then switch to plaid and moved up to august. Then added red and FSD and moved to June. But still no VIN so we will see.

Honestly if it slips much past early July I’ll start removing options. FSD will be the first to go.

I have a $60,000 Cadillac Lyriq that should arrive in September. Less than half the price of this X. If Elon delivers this X in the next 3 weeks I’ll take it with these options. But as I get closer to the Lyriq date I’m gonna definitely the X which I know will likely push delivery out and probably means I’ll be getting the Lyriq instead.

Unless I get this X in the EDD it’s showing now!?!

49F882A3-785B-4EC1-B54A-CD9964D7DE5F.jpeg

I did not place an order until May and feel bad for those waiting 400+ days. That’s crazy.

I ordered a LR and had the Feb-Apr 23 date. Then switch to plaid and moved up to august. Then added red and FSD and moved to June. But still no VIN so we will see.

Honestly if it slips much past early July I’ll start removing options. FSD will be the first to go.

I have a $60,000 Cadillac Lyriq that should arrive in September. Less than half the price of this X. If Elon delivers this X in the next 3 weeks I’ll take it with these options. But as I get closer to the Lyriq date I’m gonna definitely the X which I know will likely push delivery out and probably means I’ll be getting the Lyriq instead.

Unless I get this X in the EDD it’s showing now!?!

View attachment 815474
Charge your phone!! 😀

Picked up my Plaid today in Tampa. Total assembly line going on. Man they are busy.

Car was in perfect condition with the only exception being that the screen above the yoke fogs up a little at times. Can't figure out what is causing it as it comes and goes. FWD's work perfectly and the yoke is simple to adjust to. I grabbed air a few times initially but it feels great to drive and i know its really going to be great for long distance drives.

I came from a 2021 MYP and this thing is scary fast. You can feel the tires literally grabbing the pavement. I loved my MYP and this thing is 10 times nicer and more enjoyable to drive, if you can believe that.

Will post pics after i get it back from PPF and tint.

Picked up my Plaid today in Tampa. Total assembly line going on. Man they are busy.

Car was in perfect condition with the only exception being that the screen above the yoke fogs up a little at times. Can't figure out what is causing it as it comes and goes. FWD's work perfectly and the yoke is simple to adjust to. I grabbed air a few times initially but it feels great to drive and i know its really going to be great for long distance drives.

I came from a 2021 MYP and this thing is scary fast. You can feel the tires literally grabbing the pavement. I loved my MYP and this thing is 10 times nicer and more enjoyable to drive, if you can believe that.

Congrats!! Hope you enjoy your new Plaid!

Congrats! Post some pics when you get a chance!

Any specifics from MYP to MXP would be much appreciated. Cooled seats, suspension/handling, seat comfort, cabin noise, speakers, computer smoother and faster, air conditioning/climate control, etc?

Any specifics from MYP to MXP would be much appreciated. Cooled seats, suspension/handling, seat comfort, cabin noise, speakers, computer smoother and faster, air conditioning/climate control, etc?
Cooled seats are amazing, really makes a difference in the FL heat. Suspension is much better and the ride is so smooth and quiet, even with 22" wheels. Stereo is on another level and the AC works great. I was worried about the sun with the huge front windshield but the tinting on it is actually really good and i really didnt notice it being an issue.

My biggest complaint so far is the brakes. I feel with the speed this thing has and the weight of the vehicle, the brakes need to be better. Normal driving is fine but slowing down at a high speed, it is very noticeable.

I dont notice a big difference in the computer speed compared to the MYP but it works great. Swivel screen is cool but really not something to wait on delivery over. Love all the info on the screen above the yoke and the large screen that is entirely made up of the map.

Still can't believe I own this beast.

Cooled seats are amazing, really makes a difference in the FL heat. Suspension is much better and the ride is so smooth and quiet, even with 22" wheels. Stereo is on another level and the AC works great. I was worried about the sun with the huge front windshield but the tinting on it is actually really good and i really didnt notice it being an issue.

My biggest complaint so far is the brakes. I feel with the speed this thing has and the weight of the vehicle, the brakes need to be better. Normal driving is fine but slowing down at a high speed, it is very noticeable.

I dont notice a big difference in the computer speed compared to the MYP but it works great. Swivel screen is cool but really not something to wait on delivery over. Love all the info on the screen above the yoke and the large screen that is entirely made up of the map.

Still can't believe I own this beast.
You rock, thank you 👍🏻. Brakes keep getting mentioned, think you’ll upgrade? What wrap are you doing?

You rock, thank you 👍🏻. Brakes keep getting mentioned, think you’ll upgrade? What wrap are you doing?
I don't see me upgrading the brakes as i really don't plan to be racing this thing. Maybe an occasional launch for friends but its really not a car you want to mess around with. It's amazing you can buy something like this for $140K. This thing is an absolute monster. I got lucky and only had to wait 3 months, but its worth the wait, however long it is for each person.

I'm tinting with whatever their most heat resistance product they have and either ceramic coating or ppf. Going to discuss it with them tomorrow morning when i drop it off.

I don't see me upgrading the brakes as i really don't plan to be racing this thing. Maybe an occasional launch for friends but its really not a car you want to mess around with. It's amazing you can buy something like this for $140K. This thing is an absolute monster. I got lucky and only had to wait 3 months, but its worth the wait, however long it is for each person.

I'm tinting with whatever their most heat resistance product they have and either ceramic coating or ppf. Going to discuss it with them tomorrow morning when i drop it off.
Nice. Did a matte PPF on my MSM MYP w/ceramic coat, tint, black badges, and it looks great.

I didn’t mean the brakes need to be updated just seemed to be a significant (safety?) issue according to your thoughts.

As a father with 2 young kids I am more looking into making my kids laugh at highway on-ramps when it’s safe or tiny bursts of speed than ever going near a track, so the brakes should be fine for those purposes. I’ve trained them to say “max velocity” when they want me to go quickly in the MYP. Told my older son his head is gonna explode when the MXP arrives. Mine might too.

Reactions: tbart75 and BonB

Congrats!! When did you get your VIN? I can not wait my expected delivery range is tomorow through the 4th

Congrats!! When did you get your VIN? I can not wait my expected delivery range is tomorow through the 4th
My June 17 - Jul 8 date got pushed back to Aug - Sept. SUPER disappointed. And probably a little in denial and hoping it moves back up again.

The fact your delivery window starts tomorrow might be a good sign. If they didnt think they would deliver it to you shortly, they would have already delayed it. Of course, that is what I kept telling myself as well and look what happened.!?!

Keep us posted. Hope you get a VIN right quickly!

Reactions: BonB
My June 17 - Jul 8 date got pushed back to Aug - Sept. SUPER disappointed. And probably a little in denial and hoping it moves back up again.

The fact your delivery window starts tomorrow might be a good sign. If they didnt think they would deliver it to you shortly, they would have already delayed it. Of course, that is what I kept telling myself as well and look what happened.!?!

Keep us posted. Hope you get a VIN right quickly!
Thanks I hope yours changes. Mine did that a couple weeks ago then moved back.