Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5% is frustrating, but yeah you can certainly refinance lower at a credit union or your own bank. I called my bank and they said 3.75% which is also what my Telsa SA said he is generally seeing for people well-qualified

My current MYP that I financed (in part) because the rate was below 1.75% at Well's Fargo (not my personal bank) is something I wish I could tap into to buy the MXP. In my state if you trade in a vehicle you save on sales tax at the trade-in value so I suppose it makes sense if you can afford it to pay off your trade-in first if you have positive equity.

Please share with the class if you are finding an actual loan below 3% in the climate, particularly without a personal banking relationship, or being able to throw a few K into an account and calling that a relationship on short notice.

*** I am seeing a 2022 MXP in Tesla inventory for $149.9k (White/white with FSD 20" 137mi listed as "used") in Colma, CA right now ***

Last edited:
5% is frustrating, but yeah you can certainly refinance lower at a credit union or your own bank. I called my bank and they said 3.75% which is also what my Telsa SA said he is generally seeing for people well-qualified

My current MYP that I financed (in part) because the rate was below 1.75% at Well's Fargo (not my personal bank) is something I wish I could tap into to buy the MXP. In my state if you trade in a vehicle you save on sales tax at the trade-in value so I suppose it makes sense if you can afford it to pay off your trade-in first if you have positive equity.

Please share with the class if you are finding an actual loan below 3% in the climate, particularly without a personal banking relationship, or being able to throw a few K into an account and calling that a relationship on short notice.

*** I am seeing a 2022 MXP in Tesla inventory (White/white with FSD 20" but listed as "used" with 137mi) for $149.9k in Colma, CA right now ***
My Credit Union is GTE Financial and their currently advertised rates are 2.49% for new and 2.74% for used. That would be for 60 months. I don't care about the higher payment. I make more than enough not to worry about $200 more per month.
I will apply the day I take possession of the MX, I will immediately apply with my credit union to lock in the rate (FED meeting today and likely to announce a .75% rate hike). I won't be able to close on the loan immediately but only after I make my first payment to Tesla.. I will only apply to lock in the rate and whenever everything is recorded and my new loan is active, I will proceed with the refinance.
As I said before, I was approved for the lowest rate by Wells Fargo but they wanted too much down payment..

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Tesla texted me that they had an opening for today, so I'm picking up the Plaid today at 5 PM in Tampa instead of tomorrow.
Screenshot_20220616-122511_Tesla.jpg

When you switched to X from LR did your "order placed with electronically accepted terms" change to the day you switched to plaid?
I don't think so. Just switched from cash to external financing, then was able to edit design, made changes, and switched back to cash. it seemed exactly the same as changing a paint color. I do think I could probably switch back to LR and avoid the latest price increase. I was kinda hoping the plaid would go up another $10k just to feel better about the price.

Reactions: SOBX MX
I don't think so. Just switched from cash to external financing, then was able to edit design, made changes, and switched back to cash. it seemed exactly the same as changing a paint color. I do think I could probably switch back to LR and avoid the latest price increase. I was kinda hoping the plaid would go up another $10k just to feel better about the price.
When I switched mine did change on the Motor Vehicle order agreement to reflect the agreed upon change. Look at your order agreement and see if yours changes as well.

Took delivery of my Model X Plaid today. Panel gaps are fine (Tesla within spec lol) and interior is perfect. However, front bumper was dented.. Service scheduled to fix/replace..

Attachments

• 20220616_190821.jpg
    20220616_190821.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 20220616_193754.jpg
    20220616_193754.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 20220616_193757.jpg
    20220616_193757.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220616_193801.jpg
    20220616_193801.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 83
Okay. So I was finally Vinned today. With an EDD that has been showing Jul 3rd - August 9th. With that said, the vin seems older, feedback appreciated

7SAXCBE63NF339xxx

SA said that it was assigned to another customer who never responded and I was there next in line. Turns out it was a July 14th build (pre-tilt screen). I told them I didn’t want to accept, as it seemed off for a Plaid VIN history. the car had +40miles on it

I’m just a little pissed that when I get a VIN it’s a pass down….WTF, how hard is it just to get one that is newer and without a history

Reactions: Milamber
SA said that it was assigned to another customer who never responded and I was there next in line. Turns out it was a July 14th build (pre-tilt screen). I told them I didn’t want to accept, as it seemed off for a Plaid VIN history. the car had +40miles on it

I’m just a little pissed that when I get a VIN it’s a pass down….WTF, how hard is it just to get one that is newer and without a history

Correction:April 14th