Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3-5 years from now, when we’re all trading/selling these plaids for the next revision - if you had two equal cars, same condition and spec, same miles, but one had tilt and one didn’t - which one would a buyer opt for and maybe pay a bit more? That’s when tilt may matter.
I picked up my new X yesterday, June-20. It has the swivel screen, and I like it a lot. Would I have rejected if it did not have it? Hard to say, glad I did not have to make that decision. VIN NF3450xx.

Reactions: BonB and Jbapckfan
I picked up my new X yesterday, June-20. It has the swivel screen, and I like it a lot. Would I have rejected if it did not have it? Hard to say, glad I did not have to make that decision. VIN NF3450xx.

When did you order yours?
I ordered last Wednesday and my vin is NF338xxx.
I pick up on Thursday.

I see so many people waiting and I get mine in a week and the vin scares me.
Only concerned this was some showroom model and now sold back to me as new.

Thanks

3-5 years from now, when we’re all trading/selling these plaids for the next revision - if you had two equal cars, same condition and spec, same miles, but one had tilt and one didn’t - which one would a buyer opt for and maybe pay a bit more? That’s when tilt may matter.
I would be more concerned about where this car has been the last couple months and WHY someone else rejected it. If it was me I wouldn’t touch it. To get one that fast, it was someone else’s reject so had to be something wrong with it. Probably something more than just someone declining it due to interest rates or something like that.

When did you order yours?
I ordered last Wednesday and my vin is NF338xxx.
I pick up on Thursday.

I see so many people waiting and I get mine in a week and the vin scares me.
Only concerned this was some showroom model and now sold back to me as new.

Thanks
I ordered in June 2021. I changed to white w/black in early May 2022. I traded in my 2018 X 100D

Got pushed a bit further from 6/21-7/12 to 6/25-7/13 this morning.
I had 6/17 - 7/8 and got pushed back to 8/16 - 9/22 about 10 days ago. Has held steady at that date. I'm raising my hand to get on the EDD Yo-Yo as long as I catch some dates on the earlier end of the bounce! :) At least it keeps it interesting. Nothing worse than checking 20 times a day to only stare at the exact same dates!

So I just got the weirdest call from Tesla in Paramus, NJ.

Yesterday I got a VIN assigned NF340xxx and it was a 4/21/22 build, no tilt, and no center horn on the yoke! I asked if I was the first to get this VIN and they said no. But there are “no records on file as to the reason why the original buyer did not take delivery”. Of course I was worried and I don’t need the car right away, so I refused the VIN and got back in queue.

Today the person at Paramus called my cellphone with a slightly aggressive tone, trying to sell me on the VIN from yesterday. He said “you denied it, it went through the next few people on the list and they denied it too, now it went back to you for VIN assignment” and I was beyond confused as this all happened in the last 24 hours and they still don’t have a record as to why the car was not accepted by anyone. Seems a bit strange.

But what’s even more strange, is that he claimed:
- no model X’s have had a swivel mount installed.
- no model X’s have the center horn upgrade on the yoke steering wheel

I’m not sure what to believe but I felt like I was getting sold a ketchup popsicle while wearing white gloves. (Chris Farley reference)

I’ve decided to wait 30 days and try this again, but it’s weird they would push the same VIN on me twice in 24 hours. Anyone else experience that?

So I just got the weirdest call from Tesla in Paramus, NJ.

Yesterday I got a VIN assigned NF340xxx and it was a 4/21/22 build, no tilt, and no center horn on the yoke! I asked if I was the first to get this VIN and they said no. But there are “no records on file as to the reason why the original buyer did not take delivery”. Of course I was worried and I don’t need the car right away, so I refused the VIN and got back in queue.

Today the person at Paramus called my cellphone with a slightly aggressive tone, trying to sell me on the VIN from yesterday. He said “you denied it, it went through the next few people on the list and they denied it too, now it went back to you for VIN assignment” and I was beyond confused as this all happened in the last 24 hours and they still don’t have a record as to why the car was not accepted by anyone. Seems a bit strange.

But what’s even more strange, is that he claimed:
- no model X’s have had a swivel mount installed.
- no model X’s have the center horn upgrade on the yoke steering wheel

I’m not sure what to believe but I felt like I was getting sold a ketchup popsicle while wearing white gloves. (Chris Farley reference)

I’ve decided to wait 30 days and try this again, but it’s weird they would push the same VIN on me twice in 24 hours. Anyone else experience that?
No center horn on the yoke yet is correct. Hopefully a software update changes that at some point

Reactions: micaluzzo83
Well this is surprising.
Since my wire went through and everything is complete, I got a text that my car is ready and I can come by the SC between 12 and 4 today.

I took my son out to eat and got another text saying they are dropping off my car.
I was I'm not at home and would like to go to the SC to look it over. I get a text back saying no need it's touch-less and all I have to do is accept it.

Texted them back saying how can I accept the car without looking over the inside first? Also asked for my Born date for the car.
No response. Then I get a text that the car is at my house.

I get home look it over and there are some issues. Rear hatch and drivers FWD is not aligned.
Theres also weird goop on the passenger top FWD.

I thought it was locked, but it wasn't. It opened up and I got to look inside.

Well its an 03/22 build. No swivel screen.
Theres broken plastic pieces in the trunk area. Scratches along the drivers side A pillar.
And weird stick substance on the center console, like tape residue.
The top headliner isn't attached to the roof, lol. Just hanging there at the center. I could probably pop it back in, but why is it down?
Inside the frunk top area is caked on dirt, like it's been sitting for along time.
They just took the MXP through the car wash and didn't bother cleaning under the frunk or hatch. Dirt and dust galore.

Front wheel cap is missing. Can't believe they dropped it off with missing wheel cap. lol
Also rear seats dont go forward or back. Am I missing some setting?

Well I'm deciding that I'm going to return it and wait. I can't get a hold of anyone. Just on hold for like 40 minutes then disconnects.

Not sure what to do now.
I haven't accepted any agreements and I haven't driven it. It sits where they dropped it off.

Pretty disappointed. But now I know why I got it so fast. Literally 8 days from order to delivery.
I'm also curious how I leaped frog so many people that are waiting.

Last edited:
Well this is surprising.
Since my wire went through and everything is complete, I got a text that my car is ready and I can come by the SC between 12 and 4 today.

I took my son out to eat and got another text saying they are dropping off my car.
I was I'm not at home and would like to go to the SC to look it over. I get a text back saying no need it's touch-less and all I have to do is accept it.

Texted them back saying how can I accept the car without looking over the inside first? Also asked for my Born date for the car.
No response. Then I get a text that the car is at my house.

I get home look it over and there are some issues. Rear hatch and drivers FWD is not aligned.
Theres also weird goop on the passenger top FWD.

I thought it was locked, but it wasn't. It opened up and I got to look inside.

Well its an 03/22 build. No swivel screen.
Theres broken plastic pieces in the trunk area. Scratches along the drivers side A pillar.
And weird stick substance on the center console, like tape residue.
The top headliner isn't attached to the roof, lol. Just hanging there at the center. I could probably pop it back in, but why is it down?
Inside the frunk top area is caked on dirt, like it's been sitting for along time.
They just took the MXP through the car wash and didn't bother cleaning under the frunk or hatch. Dirt and dust galore.

Front wheel cap is missing. Can't believe they dropped it off with missing wheel cap. lol
Also rear seats dont go forward or back. Am I missing some setting?

Well I'm deciding that I'm going to return it and wait. I can't get a hold of anyone. Just on hold for like 40 minutes then disconnects.

Not sure what to do now.
I haven't accepted any agreements and I haven't driven it. It sits where they dropped it off.

Pretty disappointed. But now I know why I got it so fast. Literally 8 days from order to delivery.
I'm also curious how I leaped frog so many people that are waiting.
Sorry to hear and it was easy to understand why you got it so fast and with low VIN. The car technically was sitting for probably over 3 months looking for its owner but I believe it got declined quite few times.
I’m not defending for Tesla in whole but just that SC that they didn’t do their job properly.

Got it sorted out but took some teeth pulling and lots of luck.

They asked how I got into the car without accepting it on my app. I told them it was unlocked.
She mumbled something about the guy was new and he messed up and it should have been locked and I should have had to accept.

I took it to the SC and they looked over the car and said they can fix it all and have it ready by tonight.
I asked if they will have the tilt screen for me. She said unfortunately if I had ordered earlier than June then I'm out of luck and will not have a tilt screen. I told her I ordered last Wednesday and on the site when I ordered it mentions the tilting feature.
She had a shocked look and said no way, how did I get it so fast? She said let me look at your RN# again and went back inside.

While I was going back in, the tech asked me to point out all this issues . I did and he grabbed some painters tape and marked up the car and what needs fixing.

The SA came back and said sorry, if I want I can take the car and it will not have the tilt function. I said no I can wait. She said unfortunately, the only way to get the tilt function is at the Fremont factory. Id it didn't come with it there is no way they can add it.

She said she will try her hardest to get me one by 4th of July. I'll be out of the country for a month so not to worry about it. I can wait. If she does get one cool, if not I can wait.

Now if I had hit accept, I think I would have been stuck with the car. I guess my one way out is I placed my order last week and on the site it lists what features I am supposed to get and I could use that. But the way she talked about me accepting through the app, sounded like I would have been stuck with it.

I didn't have a great experience when we picked up my wife's 3 back in2018. I would think after 4 years they would have gotten their act together.
I was really disappointed. But to be fair after numerous visits including a whole new battery pack after 200 miles; my wife's 3 was perfect for the 3 years she had it.
But its very discouraging coming from Porsche and Audi and how the service I got was top notch. Not to mention quality of the car I received.

Reactions: SOBX MX and BonB