Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was finally VIN'd!...with a new VIN this time. (NF345XXX)

This VIN is a lot more recent then last weeks VIN, which was NF339XX and had a production date around April 12th. I'm not sure where the new one falls, but looking over the recent Plaid VINs isn't that far off. Given some of the delivery schedules/notices of some Plaid owners, I may be a plan B by a week or so. No update on Delivery appointment times yet on the App.

Either way, I'm optimistic and now I will start to get everything together.

Reactions: BonB

This VIN is a lot more recent then last weeks VIN, which was NF339XX and had a production date around April 12th. I'm not sure where the new one falls, but looking over the recent Plaid VINs isn't that far off. Given some of the delivery schedules/notices of some Plaid owners, I may be a plan B by a week or so. No update on Delivery appointment times yet on the App.

congrats!

Pick up booked for 6/29. Confirmed with SA that car came in last week and prior customer didn’t want the car anymore. Fingers crossed. I believe i recall the SA saying it was a June 6-8 build.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
I'm seeing Model X insurance rates varying between $700-1000+ per 6 month policy, which doesn't seem terrible, but has anyone seen a huge jump when they input the VIN? All the sites I have tried stop asking questions about the vehicle after you say 2022 Model X. So they don't know if it is LR or Plaid. the cost to ensure these variants should not be the same.

Last edited:
I'm seeing Model X insurance rates varying between $700-1000+ per 6 month policy, which doesn't seem terrible, but has anyone seen a huge jump when they input the VIN? All the sites I have tried stop asking questions about the vehicle after you say 2022 Model X. So they don't know if it is LR or Plaid. the cost to ensure these variants should not be the same.
my current insurance quote is about 140/mo, tesla insurance would be about 217/mo pretty big diff. im with farmers

Reactions: Jbapckfan
As is tradition, here's my delivery experience of my XP, vin 346XXX, ordered March 11 2022, delivery June 25 2022

Yep I have the swivel screen. I haven't messed with it, but it was cool to know I had it if I ever wanted to use it.

The yoke is better than I was expecting. I can still drive one handed in a few cases. Took a few to get used to it, and I'm sure I need some more practice, but I don't see an issue. There were a few awkward areas, but nothing I minded.

The only gripe I had was those balls on the wheel and setting the side mirrors. I kept "pushing them wrong" and the mirror setting would shift from left mirror to right when I was trying to adjust. I REALLY wish I could have just pushed some arrows on the screen to adjust them.

Quality wise, no worries. I did see one paint scuff issue, but I'm not sure I'll bother. Sure I noticed it, but then again nothing significant and I'd rather not deal with the hassle. Some areas have this white polish stuff that rubs right off, and a few marks a good damp washcloth will handle.

Trade in - My 2019 X pre-raven had a nice dime sized rock strike on the windshield previously repaired, and fairly obvious (though not in line of sight). Tesla didn't say a word about my trade in. I didn't include the charger or tow hitch, and they never mentioned it. They moved over my plates and that was it.

They let me check the car inside and out prior to acceptance, no issues at all. Paperwork was all the old fashioned way - paper and clipboard. I was surprised I didn't get a copy of the stuff I signed, but ah well. I didn't accept anything in the app. Payment was via bank check, and no issues with it.

This thing is fast. I gunned it on the highway and my kids noticed I hit 100 with zero effort. Sure didn't feel that fast. Flooring it 0-100 was wild the one time I did it. The thrill was incredible, and I didn't feel like I was about to pass out or anything. It was all very stable.

As a side note, I'll never get tired of that new car smell.

As is tradition, here's my delivery experience of my XP, vin 346XXX, ordered March 11 2022, delivery June 25 2022

Yep I have the swivel screen. I haven't messed with it, but it was cool to know I had it if I ever wanted to use it.

The yoke is better than I was expecting. I can still drive one handed in a few cases. Took a few to get used to it, and I'm sure I need some more practice, but I don't see an issue. There were a few awkward areas, but nothing I minded.

The only gripe I had was those balls on the wheel and setting the side mirrors. I kept "pushing them wrong" and the mirror setting would shift from left mirror to right when I was trying to adjust. I REALLY wish I could have just pushed some arrows on the screen to adjust them.

Quality wise, no worries. I did see one paint scuff issue, but I'm not sure I'll bother. Sure I noticed it, but then again nothing significant and I'd rather not deal with the hassle. Some areas have this white polish stuff that rubs right off, and a few marks a good damp washcloth will handle.

Trade in - My 2019 X pre-raven had a nice dime sized rock strike on the windshield previously repaired, and fairly obvious (though not in line of sight). Tesla didn't say a word about my trade in. I didn't include the charger or tow hitch, and they never mentioned it. They moved over my plates and that was it.

They let me check the car inside and out prior to acceptance, no issues at all. Paperwork was all the old fashioned way - paper and clipboard. I was surprised I didn't get a copy of the stuff I signed, but ah well. I didn't accept anything in the app. Payment was via bank check, and no issues with it.

This thing is fast. I gunned it on the highway and my kids noticed I hit 100 with zero effort. Sure didn't feel that fast. Flooring it 0-100 was wild the one time I did it. The thrill was incredible, and I didn't feel like I was about to pass out or anything. It was all very stable.

As a side note, I'll never get tired of that new car smell.
Nice. My vin also 346xxx

Our 2022 X Plaid rate is about $400 more per year than our 2021 MYLR rate. Doesn't really answer your question, I know, but there's a data point for you. USAA.

Our 2022 X Plaid rate is about $400 more per year than our 2021 MYLR rate. Doesn't really answer your question, I know, but there's a data point for you. USAA.
That is about what I’m seeing. No one tell the insurance companies that one is a $65k and the other one is $140k and faster than most Ferraris. Performance and replacement value are worlds apart, so you’d think the cost to insure would be too. Appreciate the response.

That is about what I’m seeing. No one tell the insurance companies that one is a $65k and the other one is $140k and faster than most Ferraris. Performance and replacement value are worlds apart, so you’d think the cost to insure would be too. Appreciate the response.
They know. But they are also looking at historical trends of payout for different vehicles. A lot of factors there involve the demographics of the owners of the different vehicles as well. They aren't in the business of losing money. They know what you got. :)

First time poster. For anyone interested, I received a text from Fremont asking if I'd be interested in a MXP with my same config (white exterior / black interior / 20" wheels / no FSD / OOD 5/20/22) which became available because the buyer was not approved for financing. 11 miles on the odometer. The vehicle is in Indy and, I was told, would need to be picked up there because they are so late in the quarter they cannot submit requests for moving the vehicle. Also, I was told the production date is 4/19/22, and there is no tilt screen. I took a pass because I'd like the tilt screen and also because it would be very difficult timewise to get the vehicle from where I am (Pittsburgh) before June 30. Passing along in case someone else can take advantage.

They know. But they are also looking at historical trends of payout for different vehicles. A lot of factors there involve the demographics of the owners of the different vehicles as well. They aren't in the business of losing money. They know what you got. :)
I figured demographics and education etc had a lot to do with it. Vehicle safety too. But a MXP should be more to insure than a MXLR. I know they know, just interesting. I don’t skimp out on insurance coverage but I generally keep certain deductibles high, particularly collision. Would be easy to configure a policy with good coverage and slightly higher deductibles for the same monthly payment that I pay on my MYP which is not what I expected.

Well I took delivery on Friday and all I can say is wow. This MXP is crazy fast. The suv literally jumps all over the place from the amount of power in it. Not like my MYP. It will take some time to get use too. Over all the delivery had a few issues which unfortunately the service center was worthless to help with. The Model X Plaid is amazing in so many ways. This helps get over the worst purchase experience of my life especially given it’s there most expensive vehicle at this time.

• Love
Reactions: BonB and Jbapckfan
First time poster. For anyone interested, I received a text from Fremont asking if I'd be interested in a MXP with my same config (white exterior / black interior / 20" wheels / no FSD / OOD 5/20/22) which became available because the buyer was not approved for financing. 11 miles on the odometer. The vehicle is in Indy and, I was told, would need to be picked up there because they are so late in the quarter they cannot submit requests for moving the vehicle. Also, I was told the production date is 4/19/22, and there is no tilt screen. I took a pass because I'd like the tilt screen and also because it would be very difficult timewise to get the vehicle from where I am (Pittsburgh) before June 30. Passing along in case someone else can take advantage.
Dang. That is my exact configuration. AND - I have time to go to Indy this week. But seems like a long shot someone calls up Tesla and walks away with a plaid a day later?

So I finally took delivery Friday, they caught a paint issue and gave me an option to have it fixed before I took the car. So after a few delays and a good amount of body shop mess as I expected, I took deliver. Everything else looked good and I had them test a few areas with a clay bar to make sure it would clean up. Now after a good amount of time and elbow grease she silky smooth.

So I traded in a performance Raven x and this plaid makes that a tinker toy. The yoke is different but it will work just need little more seat time. Now the suspension/handling night and day better under hard load the raven felt like the front wheels where off the ground now the plaid feels stuck to the road. I could go on for days… It’s just night and day better then the old x and Well worth the 9 month wait.

Oh, try the be nice to the delivery team i found things go smoother.

Attachments

• 670827EC-573B-4B3A-8F41-DF3150C14EFA.jpeg
    670827EC-573B-4B3A-8F41-DF3150C14EFA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
I figured demographics and education etc had a lot to do with it. Vehicle safety too. But a MXP should be more to insure than a MXLR. I know they know, just interesting. I don’t skimp out on insurance coverage but I generally keep certain deductibles high, particularly collision. Would be easy to configure a policy with good coverage and slightly higher deductibles for the same monthly payment that I pay on my MYP which is not what I expected.
Just got a quote from Geico going from 2020 MXLR to 2022 MXP and the difference in premium is a whopping $4 / 6 months :)

• Funny
Reactions: bobusn
So I finally took delivery Friday, they caught a paint issue and gave me an option to have it fixed before I took the car. So after a few delays and a good amount of body shop mess as I expected, I took deliver. Everything else looked good and I had them test a few areas with a clay bar to make sure it would clean up. Now after a good amount of time and elbow grease she silky smooth.

So I traded in a performance Raven x and this plaid makes that a tinker toy. The yoke is different but it will work just need little more seat time. Now the suspension/handling night and day better under hard load the raven felt like the front wheels where off the ground now the plaid feels stuck to the road. I could go on for days… It’s just night and day better then the old x and Well worth the 9 month wait.

Oh, try the be nice to the delivery team i found things go smoother.
Blacked out front emblem looks amazing. I want to do the same. Did you do the back too? Wonder if white TESLA letters on the black appliqué would look good also. Very nice.