Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I figured demographics and education etc had a lot to do with it. Vehicle safety too. But a MXP should be more to insure than a MXLR. I know they know, just interesting. I don’t skimp out on insurance coverage but I generally keep certain deductibles high, particularly collision. Would be easy to configure a policy with good coverage and slightly higher deductibles for the same monthly payment that I pay on my MYP which is not what I expected.
Teslas have extensive safety equipment and software on board to keep track of things even you (the driver) do not. I would expect a plaid to cost about the same as an LR. perhaps a slight uptick because it is more expensive.

Age, marital status, driving history (moving violations) and your location (zip code) are the biggies. I don't think education is a factor. In the grand scheme of things, Teslas (any model) do not crash very often, and when they do, injuries are rare. A Tesla is a very safe vehicle.

I am paying Progressive $431 for six months, for my new 2022 XLR. But I am 68, married and retired with no moving violations.

Teslas have extensive safety equipment and software on board to keep track of things even you (the driver) do not. I would expect a plaid to cost about the same as an LR. perhaps a slight uptick because it is more expensive.

Age, marital status, driving history (moving violations) and your location (zip code) are the biggies. I don't think education is a factor. In the grand scheme of things, Teslas (any model) do not crash very often, and when they do, injuries are rare. A Tesla is a very safe vehicle.

I am paying Progressive $431 for six months, for my new 2022 XLR. But I am 68, married and retired with no moving violations.
I agree with most of what you said. Education is certainly a factor as it correlates with your individualized risk. This is why every insurance company asks for your level of education.

Teslas are safe but at the same time are notoriously expensive and slow when it comes to repairs. Insurance premiums correlate with replacement value and cost of repairs in addition to safety.

I am not surprised that a Model X LR and Plaid have similar insurance costs since the price is not that wildly different. It's a $12k difference if you you compare both 6 seat configurations. I am surprised that a MYP and MXP could be insured very similarly. We are talking $69k vs $138k.

I agree with most of what you said. Education is certainly a factor as it correlates with your individualized risk. This is why every insurance company asks for your level of education.
I do not think I have ever been asked a single question about my education, when applying for auto insurance. I know that Progressive doesn't care. It also subject to state regulations. Some states have rules against the practice. I have only ever insured vehicles in Indiana, so that might be a factor.

I do not think I have ever been asked a single question about my education, when applying for auto insurance. I know that Progressive doesn't care. It also subject to state regulations. Some states have rules against the practice. I have only ever insured vehicles in Indiana, so that might be a factor.
I recently looked for quotes from Progressive, Allstate, State Farm, Esurance and Geico. Not only did they all ask me my education, but they also asked for my wife's even after I said she was a "homemaker" (their words).

I have Progessive now, if you ask for a new quote they will ask education. They might not ask you if you keep renewing your previous policy.

Dang. That is my exact configuration. AND - I have time to go to Indy this week. But seems like a long shot someone calls up Tesla and walks away with a plaid a day later?
Well be careful what I wish for I guess! Based on EasyRider's message I took a chance and called the Indy SC. Took a few calls before someone answered but 30 minutes after opening got a hold of Nick and he immediately matched this MX Plaid to my reservation. I'm kind of bummed that no tilt screen but its not a deal breaker for me at all.

More importantly are the economics. My EDD was moved to 6/17-7/8 for a while. When that happened i submitted trade information and applied for financing. The trade offer was really, really good and with recent interest rate moves, got an attractive rate. My EDD has now moved to Aug - Sept so all of that would have to be re-done at less attractive economics. So this allows me to take advantage of the terms that were established a couple of weeks ago.

EasyRider likely saved me several thousand dollars!!! Appreciate the tip.

No I just hope all is good with the vehicle. SA told me the original owner was out of town, couldnt pick up and they finally gave up on him. Slightly fishy story, but we'll see!

We ordered a Model X Plaid White/White/20/FSD on 6/25/22. Just got our first EDD of 8/7-9/18.

We're in Dallas,TX.

Hopefully it holds! I can't wait but my wife has her serious doubts about the car and this car is meant for her.

If anyone has a refreshed model X in the DFW area and is willing to show us around their car that would be awesome!!

What can the Pros on here tell me about VIN…NF343XXX? Birth Date Range? Tilt Screen?

5/3/22 Order Date

Previous delivery was scheduled for 6/24 but car arrived with damage from transport. (Got the call an hour before). New VIN assigned with a EDD 8/6-917

What can the Pros on here tell me about VIN…NF343XXX? Birth Date Range? Tilt Screen?

5/3/22 Order Date

Previous delivery was scheduled for 6/24 but car arrived with damage from transport. (Got the call an hour before). New VIN assigned with a EDD 8/6-917
I don’t think a 343 will swivel. I seem to recall it was 344 something when swivel was added, for vehicles manufactured after April 22, 2022. My car is a 345 and it does swivel. My car was built in June-2022

We just received out model X yesterday and loving all 34 miles driven.
IMG_3732.jpg

We ordered a Model X Plaid White/White/20/FSD on 6/25/22. Just got our first EDD of 8/7-9/18.

We're in Dallas,TX.

Hopefully it holds! I can't wait but my wife has her serious doubts about the car and this car is meant for her.

If anyone has a refreshed model X in the DFW area and is willing to show us around their car that would be awesome!!
I may be able to assist. I live in Fort Worth snd just got our white/white plaid for the wife 😉 last week. We absolutely love it. Took the car on a 3 days trip to south Padre….hands down it’s another level compared to our model 3

425C8CC0-8C4A-481A-9391-7A46B7320ED4.jpeg

Attachments

• 6F0AA132-F1C8-4D66-A20A-9171696B1A7F.jpeg
    6F0AA132-F1C8-4D66-A20A-9171696B1A7F.jpeg
    404.6 KB · Views: 49
Ordered March 20,2022

Gray/White/20

Estimated delivery July 31-September 4

Kind of iffy on the white seats. I loved them in my model 3 but I don’t think they look as nice on the x for some reason?

Tesla tried to get me a car before the quarter ended And I was excited until they lead me on by giving the previous guy the opportunity to buy the car after he already declined. Was already on my way to the dealer. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Reactions: 00JK and BonB
Ordered March 20,2022

Gray/White/20

Estimated delivery July 31-September 4

Kind of iffy on the white seats. I loved them in my model 3 but I don’t think they look as nice on the x for some reason?

Tesla tried to get me a car before the quarter ended And I was excited until they lead me on by giving the previous guy the opportunity to buy the car after he already declined. Was already on my way to the dealer. Left a bad taste in my mouth.
So the previous owner ended up accepting? That's terrible, definitely not how the customers should be treated.

Why do you think white seats won't look as good?

So the previous owner ended up accepting? That's terrible, definitely not how the customers should be treated.

Why do you think white seats won't look as good?

Idk, to me they don’t have the “wow” of the 3/Y white seats.

And yeah I was irritated. I even told the guy I was on my way and he didn’t say anything. Their customer service is trash. Aside from their mobile service. Their mobile service has always been phenomenal for me. Really nice people that work hard.