Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone install/planning to install a screen protector?
Yes I did. I purchased from Abstract Ocean

I noted many places sell screen protectors so you can compare and review

Not sure about other orders but mine just came with key cards. He said they weren’t giving fobs any more :( disappointing but I coped by buying some anyway. Lmfao.
Thx. I just ordered one. So handy just to kett we p in pocket and click. No searching, flipping through menus, et. Just click to open othe trunk on the way to the car.

Yea this was discovered a bit ago Tesla Stops Selling Model S And X With Key Fobs

Guess now that the refresh cars support Phone Key they didn't feel like providing fobs by default.

Agreed Prairie, I ordered one a bit ago too for that.
I was hoping that the fob was grandfathered in for orders placed in 2021 and still awaiting delivery. They did that for the mobile connector (Which I really need in my situation) . But I’m still waiting for my X

Reactions: sleepnclass
I was hoping that the fob was grandfathered in for orders placed in 2021 and still awaiting delivery. They did that for the mobile connector (Which I really need in my situation) . But I’m still waiting for my X
They really should when they've been making folks like you wait so long. I'm going on 3 months now and just counting days away lol. Hopefully you get yours soon.

Reactions: Prairie
Yes I did. I purchased from Abstract Ocean

I noted many places sell screen protectors so you can compare and review
I also bought the same reduced glare screen protector for my two screens in the X. Be careful when peeling the white plastic backing off the screen because it can easily crack the screen. Just go slowly and patiently and the two will part prior to installation. Their frame system works perfect and makes it an easy install. Make sure you get any bubbles out immediately after the install. It takes time to push them out but mine is now bubbleless and perfect. Did install about a month ago and clarity is great with reduced glare. You won’t regret getting it from Abstract Ocean, they have great timely customer response times too!

Congrats to all those that have recently taken delivery and those that got VIN'd. I've been waiting for my MXP for not that long but my EDD hasn't really changed at all most of July. Initially got the generic Aug-Oct but now stuck with the range in my signature.

I've been stocking up on accessories in the meantime - got my tesmanian mats, hansshow power frunk, and waiting on my abstract ocean matte screen protectors, and snapplate. Anybody got any new options on properly fitting mud flaps or does this car not really need them? Installed them right away on my MYP when I got it.

More data points from my build:

3-14-22 Plaid ordered, details in sig.
7-21 VIN'd 3547XX. I asked my SA when it was built and they said 7-21. I thought there was a lag from VIN to actual build but guess not, who knows.
7-24 Informed, in the morning, that my X had left the factory and to be on the lookout for a message to schedule my delivery appointment.

I'm picking up in Kansas City Missouri (4 hour drive from Tulsa). Other option was a Dallas delivery but it's the same drive time and Texas is stupid and requires the car to be paid in full before it can even enter the state or some such nonsense. Plus in Missouri I'll at least get paper plates. Gonna suck to do a reject and come up empty handed after an 8 hour drive so I'm hoping for the best.

EDD still shows August 3 - August 7.

I'm paying full in cash but for giggles I uploaded pics of my '18 Model 3 Performance to see what they'd offer in trade. I paid $72.2k back in '18. Looks like ~$55k is the going rate I see listed on ads so we'll see how close they can get to that. I told friends and family I'd sell $5k below market which got some interest but nothing firm just yet. I'll pursue selling to friends depending on Tesla's offer. (Or Vroom, carvana, etc. I sold another vehicle on FB Marketplace a year ago and while I got 9% more selling on marketplace ($25k private party vs almost $23k from a drive away joint), I had to deal with 3 weeks of tire kickers and fb ghosters)

Back in '18, Tesla paid for a one way Enterprise rental from Tulsa to KC so I could pickup my Model 3. My SA is waiting on feedback if I can get a rental this go round as well. Yes, I'm quibbling over a $300 rental on a $138k (after tax) car 🤣

Last edited:
Back in '18, Tesla paid for a one way Enterprise rental from Tulsa to KC so I could pickup my Model 3. My SA is waiting on feedback if I can get a rental this go round as well. Yes, I'm quibbling over a $300 rental on a $138k (after tax) car 🤣
do ltell us if you got KC Tesla to pay for rental. I’m also picking up in KC and am 485 miles but can also get there in 365 miles. It’s a hike. I am not trading in a car and only have one car.

Thx. I just ordered one. So handy just to kett we p in pocket and click. No searching, flipping through menus, et. Just click to open othe trunk on the way to the car.
Agreed, the fob feels more elegant at times.

Thus far though I haven’t had an issue with phone key. It’s much improved over my 2018 model 3 that I no longer own. But I didn’t have many problems with my 3 either regarding phone key.

Reactions: EVTechno
do ltell us if you got KC Tesla to pay for rental. I’m also picking up in KC and am 485 miles but can also get there in 365 miles. It’s a hike. I am not trading in a car and only have one car.
"Hi Mike, this is Arkada with Tesla Tulsa. I did confirm that we have offered the one way rental option before but Enterprise has been extremely low on rental cars and some locations have even stopped doing one way rentals. However, If you get your own rental car, we can reimburse you."

"Hi Mike, this is Arkada with Tesla Tulsa. I did confirm that we have offered the one way rental option before but Enterprise has been extremely low on rental cars and some locations have even stopped doing one way rentals. However, If you get your own rental car, we can reimburse you."
Follow up to this in case any one else does a 1 way rental from Enterprise:
  • I went to Enterprise's website and did a generic City to City search but it came up empty, even picking up from the TUL airport didn't help.
  • I called up Enterprise to talk to a CSR and they couldn't help me at all, she was having the same difficulty I had.
  • I went to Travelocity and somehow they were able to show availability, go figure. I saw that they had TUL Airport to a "KC City Center" as the results though, and had a small charge depending on how far away from the City Center that I dropped off the car.
  • I went BACK to Enterprise and if I put in a specific location in KC, the Enterprise right next to, within walking distance of the showroom, it worked.
So crappy web search design / user input error. I snagged a 1 way rental for $163. The one way charge was actually more than the day use rate, oof. SA says the KC center will reimburse me once I show an invoice. Pessimistic me, I can already see this being a he said she said I don't know what you're talking about deal but eh, even if I'm out $163, who cares.

Thought about bringing up my Model 3 with us and just stop at the Joplin super charger both ways but I want the better half to be in the X with me on the way home instead of tailing me in the 3.

• Love
Reactions: Prairie
Follow up to this in case any one else does a 1 way rental from Enterprise:
  • I went to Enterprise's website and did a generic City to City search but it came up empty, even picking up from the TUL airport didn't help.
  • I called up Enterprise to talk to a CSR and they couldn't help me at all, she was having the same difficulty I had.
  • I went to Travelocity and somehow they were able to show availability, go figure. I saw that they had TUL Airport to a "KC City Center" as the results though, and had a small charge depending on how far away from the City Center that I dropped off the car.
  • I went BACK to Enterprise and if I put in a specific location in KC, the Enterprise right next to, within walking distance of the showroom, it worked.
So crappy web search design / user input error. I snagged a 1 way rental for $163. The one way charge was actually more than the day use rate, oof. SA says the KC center will reimburse me once I show an invoice. Pessimistic me, I can already see this being a he said she said I don't know what you're talking about deal but eh, even if I'm out $163, who cares.

Thought about bringing up my Model 3 with us and just stop at the Joplin super charger both ways but I want the better half to be in the X with me on the way home instead of tailing me in the 3.
Now I know! I’ll have to get busy and look up lincoln ne to KC. I had heard there was an enterprise right next door to the KC service center so that narrows the field..

Forgot to update everyone. I took delivery last week 7/25 on my white/white MXP with 22” wheels. I still have my ‘22 MYP which had Matrix LEDs headlights so I plan to record a few comparison videos and do a proper write up.

If anyone is interested in some of my first impressions please DM me. Overall I did notice a few things but I don’t want to be a Debbie downer so I won’t post them here.

I wish you all the best of luck and I will confirm that my car was built on 7/9 and did have tilting screen but pre-refresh headlights. I noticed a massive difference in the light pattern from the MYP to my MXP at night. As someone who enjoys driving at night, I must say I now have a reason to upgrade in the next 2-3 years lol.

But overall the car is incredibly impressive with just a few minor tweaks I would suggest. I’ll draft that and create a proper post soon.

Reactions: neilalexalover