Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To my biased ears, the 2022 X is definitely quieter. The ANC works, but still is not perfect. Someday it is dead quiet, some day not so much. I think it depends on your starting point for that day because look like the car calibrates the ANC at the start of the first drive of the day. The noises that the car can not block out are the tire noise and the wind noise around the side mirror on windy days. If you have driven in a model Y, then the road noise in the 2022 X is very similar in the way that most of the road noise will be just the deep bass, booming noise (not too loud though), tire noise and wind noise on windy days.
However, somehow I think the smart adaptive suspension works better on my 2019 X than on my 2022 X after the 2022.20.7 software update, or maybe because my 2022 is a plaid and my 2019 is a LR.

Reactions: tnots
To my biased ears, the 2022 X is definitely quieter. The ANC works, but still is not perfect. Someday it is dead quiet, some day not so much. I think it depends on your starting point for that day because look like the car calibrates the ANC at the start of the first drive of the day. The noises that the car can not block out are the tire noise and the wind noise around the side mirror on windy days. If you have driven in a model Y, then the road noise in the 2022 X is very similar in the way that most of the road noise will be just the deep bass, booming noise (not too loud though), tire noise and wind noise on windy days.
However, somehow I think the smart adaptive suspension works better on my 2019 X than on my 2022 X after the 2022.20.7 software update, or maybe because my 2022 is a plaid and my 2019 is a LR.
I have found that ANC is very effective against the tire slap noise over expansion joints on concrete highways.

Reactions: Prairie
I ordered mine July 5th and got a VIN Friday (7SAXCBE69NF3547xx) for a gray/white with 20s. Does this seem like an earlier build, maybe a reject? I had an EDD of August 21 to October 2 and was a bit shocked to get a VIN the day after I switched from a black to white interior.

I ordered mine July 5th and got a VIN Friday (7SAXCBE69NF3547xx) for a gray/white with 20s. Does this seem like an earlier build, maybe a reject? I had an EDD of August 21 to October 2 and was a bit shocked to get a VIN the day after I switched from a black to white interior.
Ordered mine same day as you and been pushed to 9/2-10/7. That's still a recent VIN, so maybe just someone that didn't want their X anymore.

ordered black and creme on 7/29 and was literally scheduled to pick up the Plaid X 8/10....
Vin 3546xx

i just passed on the vin, didnt feel right to be able to pick up the new tesla 2 weeks after ordering.
Is it the most common build off the line or did someone else pass up on delivery day?

I hope the next VIN i get matched too is still delivering early October as i was originally hoping, I wouldnt understand how another VIN is just available to pick up the next week.

I would have waited to see it before rejecting it. I think reading this forum too often makes people over think things (myself included... I rejected something back at the end of June, although in my case, that vin WAS old). Maybe someone before you wanted that specific combination but couldn't get the financing done and it was in Florida-ish, so they found the next person in line that wanted that specific build. Some suggest that a 354XXX would be around a mid July build, so it's not like it's an old build.

ordered black and creme on 7/29 and was literally scheduled to pick up the Plaid X 8/10....
Vin 3546xx

i just passed on the vin, didnt feel right to be able to pick up the new tesla 2 weeks after ordering.
Is it the most common build off the line or did someone else pass up on delivery day?

I hope the next VIN i get matched too is still delivering early October as i was originally hoping, I wouldnt understand how another VIN is just available to pick up the next week.
That is the same time frame as DNAcat's. Probably manufactured early-mid July. They probably had it sitting in inventory. If you don't want your car until October you will likely need to put it on 30 day hold, but i would wait until Sept to make sure you miss the end of quarter push.