Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a F353 VIN that I reserved on 8/1 and was assigned soon thereafter. It is not yet delivered. My method to secure a VIN so quickly was to call Tesla directly and ask them to search their inventory of new, 2022 vehicles which were available. So happened that they found one that met all of my specs. Wonder why it was “available” though.

Last edited:
Delivery is scheduled for Aug 18. It’s a low VIN though. 353xxx. Reservation made on 8/1. Called Tesla Sales on 8/5 to see if they had a new 22 MXP which was available. They found one in GA and had it shipped to NC. Total time from reservation to delivery will be 18 days. I’m thinking I should be suspicious of something based on all of the stories on this site. Trying to be excited but …….

Quick update - picked up our car on 8/10 from Seattle Sodo delivery center. The car arrived at the center on Sunday 8/7 and took it them a few days to prep. But boy, when I looked at the car, it was immaculate!! I couldn’t find anything wrong with either the paint nor any body panels. Truth being told, I’m very low maintenance and don’t nick pick so I may have missed something but for the most part, the car is a dream come truly and it drives so much better than my previous M3P. My wife and I are super happy with our purchase and hope to enjoy our road trips in our new Plaid for years to come. It’s currently at the detailing shop getting full body ppf and ceramic tint and will share pics when I pick it up next week but below are some of the pictures from delivery day.

Oh and finally, it fits 6 adults with ease and Plaid mode is nuts!!!!

Attachments

• 1614057E-A8F9-41F6-8E73-AF7591058730.jpeg
    1614057E-A8F9-41F6-8E73-AF7591058730.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 134
  • 35884975-675E-44F7-A982-D7348A36D642.jpeg
    35884975-675E-44F7-A982-D7348A36D642.jpeg
    439.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 573CEF90-554C-4B02-AE96-848F0547CE2C.jpeg
    573CEF90-554C-4B02-AE96-848F0547CE2C.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Delivery is scheduled for Aug 18. It’s a low VIN though. 353xxx. Reservation made on 8/1. Called Tesla Sales on 8/5 to see if they had a new 22 MXP which was available. They found one in GA and had it shipped to NC. Total time from reservation to delivery will be 18 days. I’m thinking I should be suspicious of something based on all of the stories on this site. Trying to be excited but …….
I just tried to do this myself. Was on hold for 15 mins waiting. The guy asked for my zip code. No inventory is what I was told. I think you got exceptionally lucky.

Quick update - picked up our car on 8/10 from Seattle Sodo delivery center. The car arrived at the center on Sunday 8/7 and took it them a few days to prep. But boy, when I looked at the car, it was immaculate!! I couldn’t find anything wrong with either the paint nor any body panels. Truth being told, I’m very low maintenance and don’t nick pick so I may have missed something but for the most part, the car is a dream come truly and it drives so much better than my previous M3P. My wife and I are super happy with our purchase and hope to enjoy our road trips in our new Plaid for years to come. It’s currently at the detailing shop getting full body ppf and ceramic tint and will share pics when I pick it up next week but below are some of the pictures from delivery day.

Oh and finally, it fits 6 adults with ease and Plaid mode is nuts!!!!
Great to hear your story. Thx for sharing the pics. Hope you enjoy your ride. Getting mine on Thursday

Reactions: neilalexalover
It doesn't say it was rejected, it says it was matched to someone else first and then unmatched. This could be for a ton of reasons. The most common ones I've heard of being: their financing fell through, they cancelled the order, or they decided to change the config.

No reason for you to reject.

Reactions: GuyDude
So my VIN was a rejected VIN but Tesla says it was rejected because the previous match cancelled their order.

Should I still accept it? Or reject and wait for new VIN?
no.. tesla was about to cancel my car as i could not get documents in a timely manner due to 3rd party financing. i was able to get the car on the last possible day. that probably happened to the prospective buyers. with rates going up probably either changed mind about purchasing or could not secure documents in time.. all speculation obviously. but thats what i think is the most likely cause/scenario based on my experiences.

Reactions: GuyDude