Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MXP delivery is scheduled for 8/18/22. I drove over to Tesla today (a day earlier) just to see if I could scope it out. Found the vehicle on the lot and spent an hour going over exterior in great detail. Very very pleasantly surprised. Panel gaps looked wonderful. No misalignments on the entire vehicle. FWD handles perfectly aligned with front door handles. Only issue I found was passenger side tail light had a small amount of moisture. Also, Tesla SA came out and opened the entire vehicle so I could check out the interior! A day before the delivery date. Unbelievably pleased with overall fit and fit/finish. I have spent weeks reading these msg boards and was so afraid of what I was going to find. My plan is to drive it 100-200 miles tomorrow after delivery and report back.

Last edited:
Took delivery of MXP this morning. Mfg date is July 2022. Took it for a 200 mile drive and triple checked everything - most especially the many items I’ve read about on this message board. I have yet to find a single issue. My 2020 Model S LR had some fit/finish issues- panel gaps were pretty bad. This MXP is absolutely immaculate. Tesla has definitely upped their quality.

Quick update - picked up our car on 8/10 from Seattle Sodo delivery center. The car arrived at the center on Sunday 8/7 and took it them a few days to prep. But boy, when I looked at the car, it was immaculate!! I couldn’t find anything wrong with either the paint nor any body panels. Truth being told, I’m very low maintenance and don’t nick pick so I may have missed something but for the most part, the car is a dream come truly and it drives so much better than my previous M3P. My wife and I are super happy with our purchase and hope to enjoy our road trips in our new Plaid for years to come. It’s currently at the detailing shop getting full body ppf and ceramic tint and will share pics when I pick it up next week but below are some of the pictures from delivery day.

Oh and finally, it fits 6 adults with ease and Plaid mode is nuts!!!!
We are waiting for our red/white MXP - hoping to pick it up soon! We have a MYLR and love it! We had turn our la down when it was delivered, we were in Croatia for month, so you probably got ours lol

Reactions: neilalexalover
Do we pay before inspecting the car upon delivery? I'm paying cash for mine and reps have not responded to this question yet.
It's easier if you do, although you don't have to. Their method of ACH transfer is instantaneous. I chose to pay the night before, just to avoid any last minute glitches or network failures gumming up the works. I did wait until I laid eyes on my VIN in their lot, the night before delivery. I went home and paid for it. Next day it was a breeze, and I had a trade-in. Attached my phone to the new car and drove home. I set up the key cards and fobs at home.

We got the text to offer a trade in today. We have a CRV that we are going to get rid of so I'll entertain their quote but I bet we will get more for the car if we go to the standard car dealerships. We're getting more hopeful 5hw5 we will get our car soon!

Ordered on august 14, edd is nov3-dec29. I keep checkng the app every few hours, im going to go crazy 😅
I know that msp is the fastest one, but is mxp launch also as good as a roller coaster or much more gentler (i know the specs, i want to know the feel from your perspective, youtube is biased) ?

For reference for all of you other patient folks:

My MXP (white/white, 20# wheels, no FSD) order date was 6/23/2022. EDD was 9/3/2022-9/24/2022 and today it got pushed back to 9/19/2022-10/10/2022. No VIN # yet. I'm not able to add this to the spreadsheet for some reason. Bummed it got pushed back but it was expected.
Our MXP (red/white 22# wheels) was ordered April 22
I feel like Plaid orders are moving quickly! I ordered 2/22 but pushed out twice because we were not ready until after the summer. Just clicked “I’m Ready” in the account dashboard yesterday, because….I AM READY!
That’s great news! We had to push ours out once (ordered 4/22) and delivery date got bumped this past weekend to 8/30 - 9/30. Fingers crossed we are as lucky as you!

Ordered on august 14, edd is nov3-dec29. I keep checkng the app every few hours, im going to go crazy 😅
I know that msp is the fastest one, but is mxp launch also as good as a roller coaster or much more gentler (i know the specs, i want to know the feel from your perspective, youtube is biased) ?

Coming from a M3P, I didn’t find the launch to be much of a roller coaster type feeling. I’m guessing because I’ve got 20 inch wheels equipped with all season tires(came from the factory), compared to summer performance on my M3P which adds to the roll out so you don’t get that initial kick. It’s still fun launching none the less.

Last edited:
Reactions: kriskros91