Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Refreshed Model X 5/7 seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an SMS message from Tesla asking if I can pick-up in the next 1-3 days or I want to delay. Before that I got a call if there's any car to trade-in. No VIN yet tho.

Does that mean I am probably top of line and the first car produced is mine? I am hopeful but somewhat I feel like I am going to be disappointed.
EoQ push and you are considered lucky to get the call but if you should get VIN, inspect the car carefully and reject if you are not happy with what you see.

I'm curious. Looking at the MX tracker, there a quite a few that show that they have received 5 seaters. I wasn't aware of any until very recently but there are some from Feb/March. Any truth to that? The other thread hadn't shown anyone getting a 5 seat VIN until recently. Wonder of the ones that showed delivery prior to the past couple of weeks switched to 6 seaters? Ordered my 5 seater 4/2021 so hoping to hear something soon.

Well, Last Saturday get a Text saying time to Schedule a delivery for our Jan 10th, 2021 ordered 5 seat/Blue/Cream X. I've been working in the field, on an install that JUST lightened up (hence the time to post this), but working 3 weeks straight, 90-100 a week. Didn't reply to text and 29 hours later I get one saying Too late, Order on hold and car goes to next in line. Go only to account now and no way to 'complete the next step, so place in line is gone for now. I am home this weekend and could arrange finances, but not before so that's why didn't reply.

I wait 15 months for ANY contact from them and get 1 day to reply? What a bunch of %^#%^.

Lucky I don't have a burning desire for this car as they didn't check all my boxes for a refresh. Over 400 miles, NOPE, less than our 2020 LR+ at 360. A full sterring WHEEL? NOPE!!!!! (did get heat pump wish though)

But..... I'm price locked in low $90k and currently its a $118K vehicle. REALLY thinking about flipping it. Even after sales tax and capital gains tax, and give alittle discount to buyer, I could clear $10K plus. Easy money. So being pushed inline means it might see another price increase I can use for MORE profit, WIN!

Just CAN'T get over that STUPID yoke. Best you hear is ' it's not as bad as I thought'. No one says, boy is this the way ALL cars will be. And wife hates the idea. Didn't ask for it, not going there. For now we keep our 2020 red X with FSD (joke there!!!) and more range and a complete steering wheel!

A little anoyed that spending on a $90-$118k purchase that have waited a long time for, they couldn't even CALL? Such customer service. (I know Tesla customer service sucks, just can't wait until Tesla isn't the only game in town. Where we live need the SuperCharger network, so only Tesla for now. Just can't wait for a real luxury company that can treat a paying customer better than this, before they even have my money to step up. Competition is a good thing, and Tesla service needs it, bad.) If there were decent other charging options around us, would take a Mach E from a non-luxury brand, in a second!

Well, Last Saturday get a Text saying time to Schedule a delivery for our Jan 10th, 2021 ordered 5 seat/Blue/Cream X. I've been working in the field, on an install that JUST lightened up (hence the time to post this), but working 3 weeks straight, 90-100 a week. Didn't reply to text and 29 hours later I get one saying Too late, Order on hold and car goes to next in line. Go only to account now and no way to 'complete the next step, so place in line is gone for now. I am home this weekend and could arrange finances, but not before so that's why didn't reply.

I wait 15 months for ANY contact from them and get 1 day to reply? What a bunch of %^#%^.

Lucky I don't have a burning desire for this car as they didn't check all my boxes for a refresh. Over 400 miles, NOPE, less than our 2020 LR+ at 360. A full sterring WHEEL? NOPE!!!!! (did get heat pump wish though)

But..... I'm price locked in low $90k and currently its a $118K vehicle. REALLY thinking about flipping it. Even after sales tax and capital gains tax, and give alittle discount to buyer, I could clear $10K plus. Easy money. So being pushed inline means it might see another price increase I can use for MORE profit, WIN!

Just CAN'T get over that STUPID yoke. Best you hear is ' it's not as bad as I thought'. No one says, boy is this the way ALL cars will be. And wife hates the idea. Didn't ask for it, not going there. For now we keep our 2020 red X with FSD (joke there!!!) and more range and a complete steering wheel!

A little anoyed that spending on a $90-$118k purchase that have waited a long time for, they couldn't even CALL? Such customer service. (I know Tesla customer service sucks, just can't wait until Tesla isn't the only game in town. Where we live need the SuperCharger network, so only Tesla for now. Just can't wait for a real luxury company that can treat a paying customer better than this, before they even have my money to step up. Competition is a good thing, and Tesla service needs it, bad.) If there were decent other charging options around us, would take a Mach E from a non-luxury brand, in a second!

Sorry for the delay, and yes, Tesla can really suck at the customer service and! Once you get to people, they're usually great. But getting there is the problem.

As to the yolk, I've read at least a dozen people on these forums who said they prefer it to the round steering wheel, so it isn't 100% anyway.

I would go with their lender and change later with better rate if needed. When, where and what is your configuration?
Tesla offers 2.74%. Surprisingly my lender BOA can offer 24h turn around and pretty quick on this. Tesla seems OK to deliver the car to me with a downpayment, insurance, and some true lending approval.

Ordered Jun2021, Blue, 5 Seats, LR, bayarea

They give a home delivery option. It was not there at the time of ordering. Hopefully, the car is in the good shape.

Reactions: Kitt9000 and JBTMX
Tesla offers 2.74%. Surprisingly my lender BOA can offer 24h turn around and pretty quick on this. Tesla seems OK to deliver the car to me with a downpayment, insurance, and some true lending approval.

Ordered Jun2021, Blue, 5 Seats, LR, bayarea

They give a home delivery option. It was not there at the time of ordering. Hopefully, the car is in the good shape.
NICE. That rate is not bad. Good luck on the delivery. This is eoq push and lucky that you are considered local. Don't forget to show it off with some pics.

I am sad to announce that I had to pass the Model X Long range 5 seat this morning. My tesla app had edd this July until yesterday but all of a sudden this morning I was assigned Vin and Tesla asked me to take delivery tonight at 6 PM. That was extremely unexpected. The reason I cannot take the car is that I was so fed up waiting for the X, I took delivery of a Model Y 4 days ago. I cannot take 2 cars within a week. Good luck to the next person who is going to be assigned, the VIN is : 7SAXCDE53NF33874*.

Model X, Long Range, Blue exterior and white inside. Delivery center - Fremont, CA

Good luck to the person who will take this car. It's a fantastic and amazing car!

• Funny
Reactions: JBTMX
Got VIN this AM in the app, and delivery date of today 3/31 at 4PM. But I am 300 miles a way until Sunday. Called Dublin SC where I ordered car, but no response on getting this figured out. Also, shows a cash payment and we are leasing.
Looks like they will not sell me the car unless I take it today. I assume this is part of the end of quarter push. We cannot pick it up today, so we will likely get the car in July or Sept. Bummer, but at least the payment is back to leasing. We will be at the 12 month since order next week.

Hopefully someone else in the Bay Area will get a message to pick up their Midnight Silver 5-seater today.

Looks like they will not sell me the car unless I take it today. I assume this is part of the end of quarter push. We cannot pick it up today, so we will likely get the car in July or Sept. Bummer, but at least the payment is back to leasing. We will be at the 12 month since order next week.

Hopefully someone else in the Bay Area will get a message to pick up their Midnight Silver 5-seater today.
I can feel that they are very pushing to get the car out of the door. It took me 4 hours from July to car in the garage.

Just an update on my December 2020 order:

1649797280378.png

Really hoping this is it.