Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Refreshed Model X 5/7 seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine also moved to April 2022. Ordered in April 2021. 5-seat variant.
My LR 5 seat option ordered 5-2-21 also pushed to April. However, my expectation is June at the earliest, and more than likely AT least July. While very frustrating, I like all the data collected to help set my expectations. With no 5 or 7 seat options being delivered at all so far, they are going to take a while to catch up with earlier orders than mine when and if they do start making them.

My LR 5 seat option ordered 5-2-21 also pushed to April. However, my expectation is June at the earliest, and more than likely AT least July. While very frustrating, I like all the data collected to help set my expectations. With no 5 or 7 seat options being delivered at all so far, they are going to take a while to catch up with earlier orders than mine when and if they do start making them.
I agree about the likelihood of further delay. Unfortunately, I am not sure how much the order date plays in determining the delivery date. This is our third Tesla and order date seems to be a factor, but not THE factor. Our last order (pre-Covid/Supply Chain Issues) got pushed a couple of times.

Here is the reply from Elon

BAAF6E0D-A6B7-49B9-B74A-2295339BC423.jpeg

Attachments

• 2EBB0E7E-C6D3-47FF-BD83-9B2A73E7A575.jpeg
    2EBB0E7E-C6D3-47FF-BD83-9B2A73E7A575.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 71
Yes he admitted the issue but isn’t addressing it with a solution. On the bright side it’s very likely the 5/7 seaters will come with matrix headlights by the time they go in production.
While I do want my 5 seater yesterday, I can be patient knowing they are working the manufacturing kinks out and possibly rolling out updated tech as time goes on.

I got pushed to April this morning also. MSM/ Cream 20" 5 seat, ordered 11/2020
If they offered, I think I would take a 6 seat. I would rather have a 5 seat with fold down back seat arm rest like the "S" has.
You ordered 11/2020 and you didn't receive the conversion call that "guaranteed EOY delivery"? Such a mystery on how they chose who to call. I assumed they called everyone that ordered pre refresh and in the first quarter. And TBH, I feel like you may have dodged a bullet since some that paid the $6,500 to expedite delivery, STILL hasn't gotten their car yet.....

You ordered 11/2020 and you didn't receive the conversion call that "guaranteed EOY delivery"? Such a mystery on how they chose who to call. I assumed they called everyone that ordered pre refresh and in the first quarter. And TBH, I feel like you may have dodged a bullet since some that paid the $6,500 to expedite delivery, STILL hasn't gotten their car yet.....
I never got called. I live in So California, so you'd think I would have. In retrospect, a six seat would work for us. I don't haul a lot of big stuff, would like to just sit higher (I've always had sedans) and have easy access to haul water softener salt (40 lb bags) and bags of mulch. Oh well..... we wait. At least we have our MS which we love, looking forward to being a two Tesla family. Maybe....the clamshell trunk of a Lucid will work?

I never got called. I live in So California, so you'd think I would have. In retrospect, a six seat would work for us. I don't haul a lot of big stuff, would like to just sit higher (I've always had sedans) and have easy access to haul water softener salt (40 lb bags) and bags of mulch. Oh well..... we wait. At least we have our MS which we love, looking forward to being a two Tesla family. Maybe....the clamshell trunk of a Lucid will work?
And EXACTLY, especially since you live in SoCal that I am surprised you did not get the call. I did not get the call because I ordered mine in April and I live 15 minutes away from the factory...

I guess you have more patience than me. This was supposed to be my first Tesla and a birthday present from last year....I guess its going to be one for this year. I'm coming from a small Lexus IS so I am desperate for a bigger car to drive my child and parents around.

And Lucid? Isn't it a similar build as your S? I watched a tutorial video of it and the interior is pretty impressive but the exterior is pretty boring looking....

And EXACTLY, especially since you live in SoCal that I am surprised you did not get the call. I did not get the call because I ordered mine in April and I live 15 minutes away from the factory...

I guess you have more patience than me. This was supposed to be my first Tesla and a birthday present from last year....I guess its going to be one for this year. I'm coming from a small Lexus IS so I am desperate for a bigger car to drive my child and parents around.

And Lucid? Isn't it a similar build as your S? I watched a tutorial video of it and the interior is pretty impressive but the exterior is pretty boring looking....
Yes the Lucid is a sedan similar to our MS. My wife & I looked at them in the Beverly Hills "design center". Beautiful car. the model out now is over our budget. My comment was tongue-in-cheek., as the trunk clam-shell is odd looking, but easy access. While I am waiting for my X, the person wanting my Buick LaCrosse is chomping at the bit for it, as it looks and rides like a new car. I never dreamed I would be driving it another year. Now it needs tires.
We've also looked at the Mach-E and I-Pace, but they aren't a Tesla. I like the I-Pace, but no trailer hitch for a bike rack.

By the way......That's a heck of a Birthday present.

Reactions: lexus26
Yes the Lucid is a sedan similar to our MS. My wife & I looked at them in the Beverly Hills "design center". Beautiful car. the model out now is over our budget. My comment was tongue-in-cheek., as the trunk clam-shell is odd looking, but easy access. While I am waiting for my X, the person wanting my Buick LaCrosse is chomping at the bit for it, as it looks and rides like a new car. I never dreamed I would be driving it another year. Now it needs tires.
We've also looked at the Mach-E and I-Pace, but they aren't a Tesla. I like the I-Pace, but no trailer hitch for a bike rack.
I was thinking about the Mach-E. It's gorgeous and Mustang was my first car. However, the car doesn't really have positive reviews...This is what infuriates me about Tesla. All this waiting and no communication and forcing us to consider other cars when what we really want is the X....sigh...

Reactions: JimBob 909
I live about the same distance, Pleasanton. I ordered about the same time, and also did not receive a call. Previous car was an X, so I know it well. Test drove a Y and was not enthusiastic about the ride, so ordered another X.

But, with the delays, I may order a Y, such in case.

Reactions: lexus26
I live about the same distance, Pleasanton. I ordered about the same time, and also did not receive a call. Previous car was an X, so I know it well. Test drove a Y and was not enthusiastic about the ride, so ordered another X.

But, with the delays, I may order a Y, such in case.
We test drove a Y and an X when I ordered the X. I just do not find the dashboard pleasing in the Y. My wife said I looked more comfortable in the X (I am a big guy). When ordered, the X was the same stalks and screen layout as our S, so easy to adapt....well after refresh ...so much for that. Everyone hang in there, the X will be worth it. FWD are cool.

We test drove a Y and an X when I ordered the X. I just do not find the dashboard pleasing in the Y. My wife said I looked more comfortable in the X (I am a big guy). When ordered, the X was the same stalks and screen layout as our S, so easy to adapt....well after refresh ...so much for that. Everyone hang in there, the X will be worth it. FWD are cool.
Our other car is a 3, so I have made peace with the 3/Y layout.

That said, I much prefer the driver display AND center display of the X and S. The only thing better, and way better IMHO, would be a good HUD in addition to the driver and center displays.