Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Refreshed Model X 5/7 seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally decided to create an account after lurking on this forum for 8 months.
My EDD is pushed back to July from March.

Order date - Nov 2020
Was matched with a 2020 model on Dec 2020 and declined since I wanted the new model.
Long Range 22 inch 7 seater. White on white.

The wait is ridiculous.

Finally decided to create an account after lurking on this forum for 8 months.
My EDD is pushed back to July from March.

Order date - Nov 2020
Was matched with a 2020 model on Dec 2020 and declined since I wanted the new model.
Long Range 22 inch 7 seater. White on white.

The wait is ridiculous.
I ordered a LR 5 seater in November 2020 and my EDD has been TBD for almost 2 months now. Am I the only one with TBD?

For us its the ability to utilize as much space as possible, so having the bench that folds down is key. If the second row seats actually folded flat we would have probably switched. I am really hoping to take delivery by the end of April as we have a road trip planned in May. Ordered May 2021 with a current EDD of March.
There is so much speculation regarding production issues, and one person will hear something that contradicts someone else’s information. Figure its pointless to call Tesla, so just waiting it out.
Don't count on it...ours has changed 6 times and recently from Feb 27 - Mar 25 now back to July from as far back monthly to October last year. I seems none at Fremont knows what's going on. Mushrooms all around!

I ordered a LR 5 seater in November 2020 and my EDD has been TBD for almost 2 months now. Am I the only one with TBD?
I have TBD for my LR 7-seater order as well. It came after a presumptive Tesla employee changed my last June 7 Seater order to 6-seater without any authorization after I spoke, asked questions at a Tesla sales center, and we discussed how only 6 seaters were currently being produced and that I wanted to get in on any priority list to being called for a car not being picked up by someone in case that was an option. I didn't think they would completely change my order to 6 seater including the 17,000 price hike (including FSD from 10 to 12k). I was upset when I saw the change and the new price. I called and they had to go up to some regional manager and they ok'd me to go back to a 7 for the original price point before any changes were made. Now my etd shows TBD for the last week or so. Someone mentioned that it would fall back in line to a month estimate once another placeholder month was done for all orders or once a VIN is assigned. With all the mess-ups, I was assured that my place in line has not changed. Even though the price shown on my order page is still 17k higher than what my original order had, they keep assuring me that all the notes show an approved lower/orginal price from last June, it just won't show it until a VIN is matched. We will see, lots of assurances. But hopefully the TBD changes to a range soon.

Looks like the seats and/or other interior bits are part of the issue. Here is a tweet from Elon.
----------------------------------

Sawyer Merritt 📈🚀
@SawyerMerritt
·
Feb 9, 2022
Replying to @elonmusk and @WholeMarsBlog
Really appreciate the response and the transparency! New X is a great vehicle. Any idea when ramp might smoothen out and catch up with demand? I know there’s some stuff not under your control (supply chain issues/shortages for example).

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Model X is an extremely difficult car to build. Most complex passenger car ever. Limiting factor is interior trim.
1:22 PM · Feb 9, 2022

I have TBD for my LR 7-seater order as well. It came after a presumptive Tesla employee changed my last June 7 Seater order to 6-seater without any authorization after I spoke, asked questions at a Tesla sales center, and we discussed how only 6 seaters were currently being produced and that I wanted to get in on any priority list to being called for a car not being picked up by someone in case that was an option. I didn't think they would completely change my order to 6 seater including the 17,000 price hike (including FSD from 10 to 12k). I was upset when I saw the change and the new price. I called and they had to go up to some regional manager and they ok'd me to go back to a 7 for the original price point before any changes were made. Now my etd shows TBD for the last week or so. Someone mentioned that it would fall back in line to a month estimate once another placeholder month was done for all orders or once a VIN is assigned. With all the mess-ups, I was assured that my place in line has not changed. Even though the price shown on my order page is still 17k higher than what my original order had, they keep assuring me that all the notes show an approved lower/orginal price from last June, it just won't show it until a VIN is matched. We will see, lots of assurances. But hopefully the TBD changes to a range soon.
Wait. Are you both saying you don’t even have a July EDD and it just says TBD?

I was in the same situation, I had ordered a 7 seater MX LR (12/04/2020) I had many EDDD, you know that story. In October 2021 I got a call from "Howard" saying if I changed to the 6 seater I would have it by the end of 2021.
Of course no car by the end of 2021. IN 2022 my EDD was January then March 4 to March 30, then it switched to April. Then in Feb, it changed to Feb 20 to March 30.
This is where it got interesting, The last week of Feb it went from Feb 20- March 30 to an EDD of March 5, then March 4, and yesterday I got a call that I can pick it up today at noon!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220302-110457_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220302-110457_Tesla.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 129
I was in the same situation, I had ordered a 7 seater MX LR (12/04/2020) I had many EDDD, you know that story. In October 2021 I got a call from "Howard" saying if I changed to the 6 seater I would have it by the end of 2021.
Of course no car by the end of 2021. IN 2022 my EDD was January then March 4 to March 30, then it switched to April. Then in Feb, it changed to Feb 20 to March 30.
This is where it got interesting, The last week of Feb it went from Feb 20- March 30 to an EDD of March 5, then March 4, and yesterday I got a call that I can pick it up today at noon!
So you are getting 6 seater today correct? Not 7 seater?

Hi @TheGringoShow ,

For your service request for the immobile seat:
You can only have one service request open at a time.
However, you are able to modify or add to your existing request...

Modify your current service request to add the additional concern-
"rear passenger seat will not move."

Gorgeous Car!!!

Good luck,

Shawn

Couple members on the other forum with MX 5 seats had EDD date range.