Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting sucks gas fumes. Delivery guesstimates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MX75 order was confirmed on December 14, 2017. Still haven’t received a VIN. Projected delivery date is the second half of February but I worry it will be later given the M3 production ramp up. And, I have been surprised at how antsy I am to get this car. I just want to take a nap and wake up when it’s ready. Any views whether I’ll get pushed into March? Is not getting a vin yet a bad sign. I’ve been reading these types of forums constantly, watching videos, and vacillating over whether to upgrade to the 100 (it’s just such a big extra bite) in the meantime. The utility company in Colorado, Xcel, has some EV friendly practices. You can get lower rates by charging off peak, they’ll set up a separate meter just for your EV and you can elect to receive only wind or solar power. Anyway, any and all feedback is welcome. Cheers.

My X100D was confirmed December 24th. I still do not have a VIN either. Originally I was supposed to have a early to mid February delivery date. I got an email about a week ago from the delivery team saying it was pushed to early March.

I should have mentioned in my last post this will be my second X100D with 20” wheels so I can speak to the range a little bit. Typically I charge to 90% and found I use about 10% more battery than the car estimated. I do push the car a bit so I’m sure others may not see the additional 10%. Which gives you ~236 miles. Then if you assume you will never go below ~60 miles of range remaining on the battery that gives you 176 miles of real usable range. If you are in a cold climate it will be much worse in the winter. See some of the other posts about winter range. Climbing hills also has a significant impact on battery life.

I should have mentioned in my last post this will be my second X100D with 20” wheels so I can speak to the range a little bit. Typically I charge to 90% and found I use about 10% more battery than the car estimated. I do push the car a bit so I’m sure others may not see the additional 10%. Which gives you ~236 miles. Then if you assume you will never go below ~60 miles of range remaining on the battery that gives you 176 miles of real usable range. If you are in a cold climate it will be much worse in the winter. See some of the other posts about winter range. Climbing hills also has a significant impact on battery life.
Good info. In a 75 I suppose I should take about 60 miles off the range you describe. Living in Denver we get plenty of winter and some mountain driving. Hmmm.

Reactions: Blaketq
Get as big a battery as you can afford, is the general consensus. What starts off seeming like “extra” range soon becomes something you take for granted, either by not having to charge as often or by not worrying about leaving the heat on in the winter. I can tell you in the -20 to -30C weather we’ve been having here lately, what normally consumes 5-7% of my Model S 90D battery takes more like 20%. City driving, a few short trips starting with really cold battery, and average useage is 2 to 3 times what it is in summer temps. Granted, it’s not -30 every day all year, but for the times when it is I’m happy to have as much battery power as I can get. I think most forum-ites would agree.

Reactions: vandacca