Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting to order BUT....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have MobilEye and really like it - lane departure - speed limit warning (I have mine set to 5 miles over) - auto high beams - collision warning - pedestrian warning - cruise cut off when you get to close. All adjustable settings by the end user. Mine was around $1,300 installed. Here's a pic:

62f4e0f880659edaf483f81cabf0d294.jpg

Speaking from personal first-hand experience with neck problems (I've had two disks replaced with titanium), I can understand the desire for blind spot detection. But I'm drawing a blank on why adaptive cruise and lane departure warning would be necessary for someone with neck issues.
bonnie, I'm really interested in Blind spot detection. I don't really care about Adaptive cruise and Lane departure warning but other premium vehicles like Mercedes has all three. I figure if Tesla offered the Blind spot detection then the other two would be offered at the same time, if not, I would be happy with just the Blind spot detection.

bonnie, I'm really interested in Blind spot detection. I don't really care about Adaptive cruise and Lane departure warning but other premium vehicles like Mercedes has all three. I figure if Tesla offered the Blind spot detection then the other two would be offered at the same time, if not, I would be happy with just the Blind spot detection.

I've never driven a car with blind spot detection so I do not know what it is like - effectivity, ease of use, etc. However, I seem to be doing all right with the rear view camera. If a car outside the lane markers (right or left) is large enough to be recognizable -it's in your blind spot. I guess the big difference is you have to look and check - it is not going to give you a warning or whatever.

I would suggest that you could very easily get it installed then by an aftermarket solution that would look like it was actually part of the car. I wouldn't think it would be too expensive. Being in CA there should be plenty of options for choice of shop that are intimately familiar with the Model S.

I wouldn't let that one feature deter you from getting an otherwise completely awesome car.