TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Waiving the 7-day waiting period

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by EboMike, Jan 6, 2016.

1. EboMike

EboMike Member

A MS-owning friend told me that you can call Tesla and ask to have the 7-day waiting period waived so your design is immediately confirmed. I called Tesla and asked for just that, but the customer rep insisted that this is a legal requirement and cannot be waived.

Sounds fishy, at least in California you can walk into a dealership, buy a car and are then stuck with it with no cool-down period whatsoever. Did anybody have success with that?

2. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

The rep is 100% wrong. I configured on 11/30/15 and confirmed on 12/2.

3. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

It was 14 days when I bought in 6-14. But I locked the next day with no issue at all. Could it be a state law?

4. EboMike

EboMike Member

He didn't even ask where I was from. California in particular doesn't really have any cool-down laws, so I doubt that's it. I'll call again tomorrow.

5. spentan

spentan Active Member

I tried calling today, they advised I cannot waive the waiting period for my X Reservations.

On S it was a different story (according to the rep). But no way to do it on the X.

6. EboMike

EboMike Member

Huh. ptsagcy is from NJ, so maybe that's different from us SoCal people, but again, the rep didn't even ask where I was from, or any other details for that matter.

7. Vizir

Vizir Member

emailed them the same question on Tuesday. No response yet.

8. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

You cannot. I asked the same question, "I know what I want". Let's be honest, I also wanted to jump ahead of the few hundred invited to configure that day. I was kindly told I had to survive the process like everyone else. Apparently everyone else had the same idea, because the inside sales rep said it was a familiar question. :)

- - - Updated - - -

You can configure and confirm, but it does not convert to a firm order or start production scheduling processes until 7 days after you click "confirm".

9. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

Same is reported on Tesla.com: Those who called, found out there is no longer a means of waiving the 7 day period. Sounds like Tesla prefers all locations to be the same.

10. Vizir

Vizir Member

I just received a call from Tesla regarding my query and was told the same, that there is no way but to wait. The Rep did say that ordering now is ahead of the curve as a lot of people are waiting for the vehicle to be available in showrooms before placing their orders.

11. EboMike

EboMike Member

That may explain why this week was such a big push - I'm sure they want to make sure to have enough confirmed orders to have the P90D pipeline full for maximum efficiency.

12. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

The word I got recently is that new performance orders could be delivered as soon as April. I agree a lot of people are waiting. I causally mentioned I had experienced the car on two occasions (thanks to Elon and Bonnie) and that really helped me decide. The Tesla person acted excited that I had those experiences.

13. Cloc

Cloc Member

So I was told I had to waive the 7 day confirmation in order to get my X into production on time. Just FYI. This was early March 2016. If it was a state law it was overlooked. If it was a company policy, it took a break to meet Q1 goals. Loopholes everywhere to serve your needs. Where's my X?

14. Maaz

Maaz Member

wish i could, my car won't be finalized until sunday.... ! i want it now lol

15. halg

halg Member

I was told the same.

16. Ampster

Ampster Member

Is there anything different in your circumstances? Were you going from non refundable deposit to confirming? Or were you making a new deposit to confirm production?

17. Cloc

Cloc Member

I had placed a reservation maybe two weeks prior. I bet 30,000th reservation slot or above. I fully thought I would not get the car for a year. They called and said "How about end of March? Just waive the the 7day and let's slide it into production!" So here we are...