Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wake up people! - 2014 is going to rock on!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the conference call

Deepak Ahuja
- Chief Financial OfficerWe prefer to give 2014 guidance in a bit more detail at the next call but certainly our goal is to generate a significant amount of cash from our operations and offset as much as if not all of our capital expenditures as we go forward. It also depends, to some extent, how much we accelerate development of new products and how much we continue to grow globally in 2014 and we have big ambitions of that. So I think it's probably best that we hold on and give you a bit more granular sense of this in the next quarter.

Yes, but will the big institutional investors believe in TSLA? They would reward AMZN for this kind of behavior, but not TSLA. I think they still believe that GM/BMW someone else will wipe out Tesla.

Yes, but will the big institutional investors believe in TSLA? They would reward AMZN for this kind of behavior, but not TSLA. I think they still believe that GM/BMW someone else will wipe out Tesla.

Either way, does not matter in the long run. Patience grasshopper. Life is not always about instant gratification and a quick buck. Remember the child and cookie story that Elon Musk told not all that long ago. Embrace the lesson of that story right this very second.

Remember the child and cookie story that Elon Musk told not all that long ago. Embrace the lesson of that story right this very second.
I waited many months with just stock watching the folks work options, seeing the long term channel, and spending a considerable amount of time reading up on options. I finally took that cookie that'd I'd left alone for months. It was moldy and poisoned me.

Maybe the lesson is eat the cookies while they're good? :)

That's certainly my strategy with Girl Scout cookies.

Unfortunately I don't remember that one. Is it in a video? A link will be greatly appreciated!

Yes, there's a video somewhere floating around in cyberspace. The problem is that the story is part of a much larger event and I can't for the life of remember which one. I'm happy to paraphrase for you, though:

It's an experiment of sorts. If you put a single cookie in front of a bunch of children and tell them that if they wait five minutes before eating it, they'll get five cookies, how many of those children will be able to figure out that the better deal is to wait the five minutes?

Last edited:
Yes, there's a video somewhere floating around in cyberspace. The problem is that the story is part of a much larger event and I can't for the life of remember which one. I'm happy to paraphrase for you, though:

It's an experiment of sorts. If you put a single cookie in front of a bunch of childre and tell them that if they wait five minutes before eating it, they'll get five cookies. How many of those children will be able to figure out that the better deal is to wait the five minutes?

Right, that's a good one. I vaguely remember that.

I waited many months with just stock watching the folks work options, seeing the long term channel, and spending a considerable amount of time reading up on options. I finally took that cookie that'd I'd left alone for months. It was moldy and poisoned me.

Maybe the lesson is eat the cookies while they're good? :)

That's certainly my strategy with Girl Scout cookies.

See, I believe the options are more representative of the broccoli conveniently left out of the original telling of the story. I've watched people play with the broccoli as well and to me it just never seemed like a good idea. Some people really like broccoli, others not so much - it gives them gas, but everybody likes a cookie. (If you don't like cookies, then you're just plain weird.)

Cookies have lots of sugar and if you buy them by the bag, lots of preservatives, so they last well into year two of the zombie apocalypse (as long as they don't have 'real' fruit, nuts, or chocolate chips in them - fake, though, is alright).

My condolences on the loss of broccoli, but you can always grow more.

Really sorry you got burned ... I'm glad you kept part of your position long.
*shrug*, yea, part of the risk. My timing is, ugh, just killer. If I'd just had stock the whole time, it wouldn't be that bad. If I'd played options the whole time, I'd be in good shape too (today would be bad, but overall I'd be good). I happened to pick as precisely as wrong a moment as possible to switch up. My only salve is for every stock I sold I replaced it with 1x-1.25x Jan 2015 LEAPS.

I suppose, to the thread topic, people like me hurt by the horrible Q3 reaction are still likely upbeat on the long term view. "Waking up" isn't really an issue.

I also bought some more cookies today. I think our favorite cookie maker will find a way to remove their production constraints and sell more cookies soon :)

@ckessel - I know the feeling. I took a small position for the first time in TSLA before the Q3 results. I lost some, but still believe in the story. The Q3 results and outlook are actually rather promising in my interpretation. Cheers :smile:

I believe this is the point during the ride where I just close my eyes.

Drop.JPG