Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wake-up times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I've been having app wake up time issues with the latest upgrades and having some deliberations with my service centre about it. They believe it to be a firmware issue that has been resolved, however, I am still seeing 12-15 seconds for the Tesla app to be useable after waking up the car and remember it to be much snappier in the past. Is this normal?

How long does it take your Tesla app to "wake up" if the car has been asleep?

It’s always been quite slow for me, at least as long as you experience. I might be wrong, but I understand that there are different levels of sleep that the car goes into? I hardly ever check mine, so I think mine is mostly in the deepest version when I attempt to wake it.

Reactions: Adopado
Hi,

I've been having app wake up time issues with the latest upgrades and having some deliberations with my service centre about it. They believe it to be a firmware issue that has been resolved, however, I am still seeing 12-15 seconds for the Tesla app to be useable after waking up the car and remember it to be much snappier in the past. Is this normal?

How long does it take your Tesla app to "wake up" if the car has been asleep?

If the car is already awake then the app becomes fully responsive quite quickly but when asleep it does seem to take an age sometimes. 12-15 seconds is presently a typical average I would say. I don't know whether it is coincidence but it does seem a little quicker or slower depending on software versions ... but I suspect it is probably more significantly affected by the responsiveness of Tesla's own servers. I am going to speculate that that they will have been progressively developing the hardware and software to accommodate the change from supporting a few thousand cars to supporting a few hundred thousand cars.