Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waking up Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this is covered elsewhere but as compared to my Model S when I go into the garage with my key fob it seems as if nothing happens. With the S the lights flash and when you go to unplug the umc the light is on and everything seems awake. With the X nothing seems to happen and unless I open the door the umc will not come out. It seems to take longer for the X to wake up. Is this normal.

A couple of possibilities...
If you keep your fob within range of the X it will engage via bluetooth and run down the fob battery. A new battery may be in order which you can get from Amazon at a reasonable price.

There was a recent update that enhanced security between the fob and the car, and the Service Center may need to flash your key fobs. I was told this by the Service Center manager.

I have the same problem as @Merrill, and have had it since I got the X. Unplugging the charge cable requires an unlock, which now opens the driver's side door. So the best way for me is to hold the trunk button to unlock only the charge port, then open the door afterwards when I need to get in. (Sometimes I'm unplugging the X so I can back the S out -- our charge cable stretches across the garage.)

There was an update to the key fob. It was done by the SC last month while my X was in to fix the driver's door molding and regulator. I have no issues with the FOB or waking the car up after the update (they requested to pick up the other key FOB to modify both at the same time). Following, I notice the X acted more like the Model S loaner on wake up and shut down. Also the charge port opened when I pressed the button on the charge cable -- which it hadn't done before (maybe related to a simultaneous SW update). My X lights flash when I come near and wakes up before I get to the driver's side. Therefore, I have never had to use the FOB's Trunk button to unlock the Charge Port.

Mine seems to wake up slower. It seems to align with the last software update but this might be a coincidence. The car used to be ready to drive when I got in but now I have to wait for it to wake up. The dashboard screen will be off when I am already in the seat and then come on with the logo and then the car slowly wakes up. You are unable to drive the car at this point. Perhaps I should bring it coffee.

I have turned off the auto-present on the driver door. Perhaps this is related.

I turned this off because my wife carries the other key fob and parks on the driver side. It opened my driver door one time when she pulled into the garage with her keys in her purse on the passenger seat (closest to the X). It scared her enough that we turned this feature off. I wish I could turn it off by keyfob (on for mine, off for hers).

Ahhh.
I turned this off because my wife carries the other key fob and parks on the driver side. It opened my driver door one time when she pulled into the garage with her keys in her purse on the passenger seat (closest to the X). It scared her enough that we turned this feature off. I wish I could turn it off by keyfob (on for mine, off for hers).

Ah... interesting a valid reason to turn off. Never gave that a thought, since my wife doesn't drive the X. I turn mine off when at the "spray" car wash and on streets with parallel parking I back the X in the garage, such the drivers door is against an outside wall, but you raise a good point.

Ahhh.

Ah... interesting a valid reason to turn off. Never gave that a thought, since my wife doesn't drive the X. I turn mine off when at the "spray" car wash and on streets with parallel parking I back the X in the garage, such the drivers door is against an outside wall, but you raise a good point.
You are right, perhaps I should start parking in backwards. I really started to like the auto present even though I thought I would never use / care for it.