Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waking up the Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have trouble getting their Model Y to wake up? It usually takes a solid couple of minutes to get it to wake up before I can do anything like turn on the a/c or unlock it. I've got no problems with my Model S, so I doubt it's any kind of radio interference. I'd offer the car a cup of coffee, but I'm afraid it might short out.

I'm also having issues with the window venting where it continues to show that some windows are open even though they've been closed. Only the driver's side windows ever do open when venting too.

The only issue I had was that the app wouldn't connect to the car at all. I kept getting the network error. I had to toggle the "allow remote access" setting in the car and log back in to the app. Haven't had the problem since.

Having the same exact problem. iPhone 10, latest software of both the phone and Tesla app. Doesn’t matter if WiFi or cellular, will not connect to the car.

I’ve signed out of the app and then back in, restarted my phone, etc. nothing is working

Yes, the Y appears to sleep quite soundly at times. Maybe because of how we use it? I think mine sleeps better about a good rub down and a new waxing. Pull it into the garage and plug it in and after if it charged, nighty-nighty. If you can catch it in between REM (Rapid Electron Movement?) cycles, you have a better chance of it waking up. Otherwise, go out to your baby car, say Good Morning sweetheart and gently fondle one of the door handles. She'll wake up in a much better mood and be ready to go. Seriously, have you had any other partner that was this easy? :)

The Y is slower than my S was, but, no longer than 5-6 seconds at worst. I would guess it is your internet signal (wifi or cellular) to the car?

Window issue is simply not right. I do not think that is a customizable feature at all (some but not all windows) although I have been wrong before.